trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And when she rolled her eyes at him. That floored me. This is a case of murder, life or death for you, literally. And you're being so cocky and crass as to roll your eyes at the prosecutor?? That takes balls. Big ones.

I really think in her mind she really thinks she will be found not guilty for some reason. :banghead:
:jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail:

$250/hour doesn't go as far as it used to.

Can AZ taxpayers get a refund?

I wonder is the State has any recourse to attach book or movie deals this psycho will undoubtedly get.

After all, due to these ridiculous delays and general incompetence of the DT, the State may be able to make a valid run at it. What about the live coverage, HLN, Fox, etc.? There has to be money being generated through advertisers.

Both.

A behavioral geneticist has done a lot of work in this field. David Lykken believes sociopaths are created as a result of parenting, peer, and societal influences. A psychopath is born, with very similar traits to a sociopath, that no amount of influence (through early childhood development or anything else) can possibly rectify.

I can understand compassion for the girl Jodi was...I have a similar sympathy for my ex, who experienced horrific abuse I'm certain led to the development of his disorders. At the point their behaviors become a choice to abuse or hurt others though is when and where my sympathy must also end, for my own personal mental health.

Out of curiosity, do we have any examples of psychopaths? Meaning is there anyone in history that we have enough evidence on that is roundly considered a psychopath?

And I agree with you- I am able to split my feelings of compassion for the children these people were, and my horror/anger/protectiveness against the people they became and the choices they made. The Steubenville boys are possibly redeemable, based on their age and the treatment they are supposed to receive. Jodi I think is too far gone to be redeemable. I say that based on my belief that she is not remorseful and that she will never confess the true story with Travis, will try to 'kill him again' in her testimony now and for the years to come, and that she would kill again.

Autopsy findings indicate that the blade portion of the implement JA used to lacerate TA's superior vena cava was at least 1.5" wide -- sharp on one edge and dull on the opposite edge -- and more than 3" long.

So it was a sharp edged knife on one side only. I would think the blade had to be quite a bit longer than 3" for it to completely be able to cut all the way across his throat from ear to ear and was so deep it almost decapitated him. It reminds me of a military knife.......like a K-Bar. 2" wide x 6' long.

imo

there used to be a kind of study on hands that they would use to identify certain traits...I will research...wonder what it would say about those huge wormy man hands.....

she-devil-hands.

on another forum someone posted this which I thought was funny:

" Looking at her lanky hands and weird looking privates, I almost think that soon photos will turn up from back in the day - when she was a man....!!! Oh she's a goregous babe all right. NOT-! "

My husband is retired law enforcement and worked a homicide by throat slashing. The defendant was paid to kill this woman and in the process cut himself. When he was picked up for questioning, DH being the thoughtful person he is, asked him about his injury and if he needed a clean bandage. Dude completely fell for it and that's how his DNA was linked to the crime scene. While he was testifying during his trial, he actually puked while on the stand. I'm must be a little warped as I found it to be quite hilarious.

So the dirtbag puked on the stand but probably didn't puke when slashing the throat of that poor person?

Weird how people react.

I'm glad the judge asks the juror questions so we don't have to listen to JW.

I was reading the Jodi lovers site last night and saw that they are on a mission to reveal that the bullet that shot Travis is not the kind of bullets in her paw paw's gun. Has that been addressed? Certainly Jodi didn't take the time to change out the bullets that were in the gun that she STOLE FROM PAW PAW.....

Maybe Darryl did. Or Matt. MOO.

That's actually a question I've had. When Paw Paw reported the gun stolen, did he report loaded or unloaded?

Soon glad for trial today because we are driving 11 hrs and have xm radio to get HLN !!!!! Can't post much tho cuz I am struggling with this new tablet ugh

I wonder is the State has any recourse to attach book or movie deals this psycho will undoubtedly get.

After all, due to these ridiculous delays and general incompetence of the DT, the State may be able to make a valid run at it. What about the live coverage, HLN, Fox, etc.? There has to be money being generated through advertisers.

HLN always uses these high-profile cases to pay the bills.

TruTV as well, but no more.

We can expect the story to be recycled in all of the murder-mystery shows as well; 48 Hours, Dateline, etc.

@JoHunt - I'm here. Wondering why she would throw the camera in the wash, as opposed to getting rid of the camera altogether. And why was the camera there in the first place? And how does a camera accidentally take sequential pictures of a murder?

I'm about to leave for lunch, but want to say a few things first:

1. Vinnie is recruiting jururs for the new HLN show on Twitter, for goodness sake. I have heard that some pro-defense sites are pleading for pro-defense folks in North Georgia to participate. The Phoenix jury was not recruited on Twitter!

2. I'm glad the jury isn't sequestered, and I'm willing to bet that by the time they get home at night the last thing they want to think about is Jodi Arias. So I doubt they're itching to turn on HLN or Fox.

3. The "Pinellas 12" was a fluke, and I say that as a Floridian whose own county recently put Gary Michael Hilton on death row.

4. Sequestered juries are much more likely (MOO) to identify with the defendant because they and the defendant are the only ones in the courtroom who are not free to go home at night.

I don't think CA's jury identified with her at all. Some were crying about the verdict.

Hey you! :seeya:

Oh heck YEAH I can say stalker,but what confounds me daily is that TRAVIS wasn't able to say it soon enough.

I'm kinda of the mind that it would not have mattered when he said it, it would not have changed her behavior, her attitude, or sadly, the outcome. The only thing that might have changed that was if she ran across someone who caught her interest, with money, and willing to be sexually manipulated. Had that happened Travis might have survived, but someone else would have become the sacrificial lamb for Ms. E.V.I.L.

HLN keeps saying, "Tonight's Bold Accusation: Jodi Arias Shows No Remorse."
Way to go out on a limb there HLN.

Yeah, and that one juror who voted not guilty said he basically got what he had coming. I hope that young woman researches this case and watches herself say those words on national TV. Perhaps in her research, she should start with the stab wounds to the back of the head and to the frenzy wounds to the back.

@JoHunt - I'm here. Wondering why she would throw the camera in the wash, as opposed to getting rid of the camera altogether. And why was the camera there in the first place? And how does a camera accidentally take sequential pictures of a murder?

The whole camera situation confuses and fascinates me. I have the same questions you do.

I think the accidental pictures were a work of God, doing his little thing to make that evil woman responsible for what she did.

So it was a sharp edged knife on one side only. I would think the blade had to be quite a bit longer than 3" for it to completely be able to cut all the way across his throat from ear to ear and was so deep it almost decapitated him. It reminds me of a military knife.......like a K-Bar. 2" wide x 6' long.

imo

I just checked and my Henkels (sp) kitchen knife's are not sharp on one side. In fact they are rounded on one side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe