trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Have out of towners here. Missed yesterday but saw some last night. I've been listening on and off today. Is it my imagination or does this testimony sound like she's talking about Travis rather than JA? Meaning, it sounds like she's talking about what JA did to Travis.

So now she's talking about the state of mind of someone in a "fugue" who killed someone. How does she know that?

This does not help the State/TA if the jurors have no knowledge of all of JAs acts!

incidious behaviors . . . . subtle mind control . . .

victim of mind control - leave her feeling . . . shift of perception .. . start seeing differently - maybe I missed it or misperceiving it . . . i didn't get what you meant - doubt way you look @ things . ..
well thought out threat to kill . . .. .someone who is battering may threaten to kill you or hurt you or suicide . . . .. battering is less thought out . . . i am telling you i will kill self, hurt you or someone you love. . . well thought out - they tell you how they are going to do it

if you are with someone you love it is terrorizing if they say they want to kill self - so worried that could happen . . . .. often parents of teens - who believe it could happen even if they haven't tried to . . .. focus shifts to person who is suicidal or homicidal . . .

in dv cases focus is on the perpetrator from family and everyone . . . . .squeaky wheel

torturing pets . . . haven't seen it that much - people who do things to animals don't tend to talk about it . . .. very handsome charismatic guy came into group one night and said he kicked his puppy to death .. . very hard to talk about hurting children or anything considered strange . . . hard to talk about it in group . . . an intake session . . . . or private session

not going to tell you until I know you . . . .

extreme isolation - allows someone to do mind control - take a lot of forms - not just you don't get to see someone you care about . . . .. people don't talk to others about what is going on in their life - they want people to like their partner - they don't want people to know they have lousy taste . . . telling people what they can write . . .dismantle car or take keys away . . . lots ways to isolate people

not necessary to be extreme situation to isolate people - mostly because they stop talking to anyone else so ability to become

so reality of person you are with their reality of what they tell you . . . . no mirror

2 women who were thin both thought theywere ugly an unattractive because they had been told that over and over.

she chose to isolate self? . . . . not really her choice.
I don't think victim of DV feel they have a choice - choices get narrowed . . .. .

people are very concerned about reputation of their partner . . . . they are worried about a reputation . . . .a woman on a hotline married to a minister . . . nobody will believe me and i can't ruin his reputation . . police officers, people in the military . . . . person they are with will have a marred reputation. ...leaves victim feeling like she has no one to talk to

balance of power in relationship starts to disappear in abuse . . . . balance is we like each other, we value each other, we work together - or figure a way to do that if we re unsure . . . .

when person has a whole lot of power - person giving up looses because they give up all power . . . i don't think it is conscious . . . .. emotional reflex . . . survival . . .

generally more regular physical abuse. . . . you can have a terrorist who never lays a hand on anyone . . . .murder case in late 90's woman was very financially successful . . . .she went to family and began asking for money - partner wouldn't go to the doctor when she was pregnant and having contractions . . . he kicked side of car in . . .. chased a guy on a bike and beat him . . .. she moved into her parents who were in their 70's . . .he began to call CPS on her . . . never substantiated . . . .numerous threats on the home . . . .

the social worker told them this was abusive behavior . . . stalking, threatening - leaving messages - I am going to be your worst nightmare . . .

her father had been a POW in WW2 . . . . developed PTsd . . . wound up emptying his gun intothis man . . . he was in fugue when he did it . . . he walked down the street like he was sleep walking . . . he didn't know what he was doing . he was so terrified about what

terrorizing without physical abuse

"He did it in a fugue". Another set up in favour of the murderess.

This is all anecdotal!

The fog shall disappear and we will have fugue instead..

I am getting this. It is obvious that she doesn't want to talk directly about Travis and JA because she is ethical enough to not make claims that can't be substantiated. So she is going about it in a general way, applying whatever story she has heard from JA and telling it in a way that can't be accusatory towards Travis. But it seems she doesn't have the details about JA's treatment of Travis so she is just confirming how a psychopath will twist things around to make themselves the victim, even reversing the story so that the things they did to the victim were actually things that they themselves did, because they really do view themselves as victims. If you just met a psychopath and had no history you would think they were really abused because you only have their side of the story. Kind of like a woman who meets a man who is divorced and he goes on and on about how bad his wife was and how she cheated on him and stole from him and when the truth comes out it turns out that they were the cheaters and thieves. I have heard this many times and it sounds like this is what the witness heard, too. I get the feeling that if she knew the whole story she wouldn't be testifying right now. At least I hope so.

Unlike Samuels, I don't think LaViolette has been watching the trial and tailoring her testimony. I do think she's trying to educate the public on her agenda...little does she know she's tanking Jodi Arias in the process. Stealth witness maybe?

I think you are seeing the emergent doctrine of a single assumption butressed by lots of dogma and confirmation bias over the years:

Women = Abused, Male = Abuser.

The gender pronoun for victim is always "she".

That it absolutely doesn't work in this case would be about as alien to this sort of expert as telling a Catholic that the reason they give women can't be priests -- because they can't change the eucharist into the body of Christ -- makes no sense because, in reality, no one can do it, regardless of gender.

*blank stare*

I'm not surprised. Some of these sort of DV experts actually claim that a male walking away from an argument is a form of abuse. Some byzantine hogwash about being dismissive, not validating, blah-blah-blah.

As someone raised by parents who I never heard raise their voices to each other, let alone a full blown screamer, my tendency to walk away from screeching accusatory hissy fits proves what a monster I am.

You and my BF are both monster's - when I raise my voice at all and not even meaning to he walks away, that damn abuser LOL

Yep, the stalking is so Jodi. She keeps taking quick looks at the jury sometimes when there is a characteristic that aligns more with her behavior than Travis'! This is finally getting good.

Juan is silent... I think he should start with describing Jodi's behaviour's & ask where threy are on the continuum. Nice lady, but she sounds like she's better at dealing with couples therapy & families. Now she's testifying about public displays of aggression. When was Travis ever aggressive in public? They didn't have kids, why is this stuff about custody cases relevant?

i'd be really surprised if that comes in. the worst things about jodi, which speak to what a sicko she is, have been fought over for years. i doubt the judge will allow that----just like the handstand thing in the interrogation room. i think they're too prejudicial.

funny how the things the MOST indicative of guilt are always too prejudicial.

What happened to "anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law?"

Being the Sociopath that Jodi is, this seems to be the most unnerving testimony she has heard so far. She's having a hard time controlling her facial muscles.

I don't think she identifies herself as the perpetrator, but as the victim instead. Maybe she is thinking that ALV is describing her life and how abused she has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee