trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This witness is, ultimately, working towards making the case that Travis Alexander deserved to be butchered. It was just that he was. That he was an abusive monster like all the other men who aren't invisible to her. That Travis never transcended his upbringing.

Really, the conclusion could only be that Travis Alexander was unimportant, his life and death not worth bothering with, except to the extent it effects Jodi Arias.

Hanna Arendt had a term for this king of droning in the service of no good:

"The Banality of Evil".

She seems to have magical powers, too. She somehow knows what a hypothetical boy would do and how he would behave when he grows up. Utter nonsense. Unsupportable idiocy.

Oh Miss L? The family that you're pretending is a random example is sitting RIGHT. THERE. In front of you.

and if this witness is prepared to hurt them more based on the word of a liar alone, without fully researching the victim's side as well, she should look towards a new career imo

Yes. For the first time yesterday, I read some of Travis' blogs and they really touched. All I could think was, "What a beautiful mind he had".

I wonder if Juan can find a way to sneak in the photo of Travis and his dad now ... the second the jury sees that image, they'll be like we were > SPIDEYS!!!!

Can someone lock the mods out so I can type what I really want to?

How dare her.

Tell me when the mods are locked out.

NEVER MIND, I'M TO PI**ED OFF AT THE MOMENT TO EVEN COMMENT. LEAVE THE ALEXANDER FAMILY AND TRAVIS :furious:ALONE

I think she's trying to say that TA was a victim of abuse which is why he abused JA.

Clever to make two victims who really had no choices but to do as they did.

Let's hope the jury isn't buying.

OMG Travis is being psychoanalyzed theoretically and nobody can step in and stop this train wreck and he isn't around to speak for himself.

And the psychodynamic stuff is really dated. She's stuck way in the past with Dr. Samuels.

I actually think ALV is kinda cool and admirer her- it's willmott who disgusts me right now. I have a feeling once Juan gets out his Teflon spatula and flips her to the light I just might wanna shake her hand

Has she related any of this specifically to Travis though? I have missed most of her testimony, but what I have heard is just generic descriptions of the dynamics of abusive relationships.

No, she has only spoken in generalities, and told stories about people she's counseled, studies she's read or participated in, and domestic violence in general. Nothing specific to this case.

This line of questioning is making me ill. I cannot believe she's going there. By all accounts, Travis overcame his circumstances beautifully and made something out of himself and this psycho killed him mercilessly. I just cannot believe they are putting this family through this.

Go ahead Jennifer let the jury know what Travis overcame .... go head you VERY VERY VERY unusual person. Go ahead and do it. It will just enrage the jury even more. I'm furious. Actually furious is a understatement of epic proportions!!!!!

I think this witness has infuriated me the most!

There are so many people that come from rough backgrounds and they rise above it and turn out just fine.

This is PURE BS. 100% BS. Shut UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both my DH & I have had less than fabulous childhoods--you can't generalize about ppl's lives, ALV! You don't know what you're talking about.

Juan is gonna clean all this up. Lets see a parade of girls Travis dated who he treated w respect and love.

Travis had intervention. He was rescued by his grandparents and raised in a decent home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee