trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought that story was odd too. He put the Cinnabon on her car? In a bag - with a pink printed out recipe? Oh, and a gift card too!

He may have bought her a Cinnabon, but I believe she glorified her story.

MOO

Mel

That sounds like something *she* would do. In this instance, I bet the truth was that one time she convinced him to go thru the drive-thru on the way to the airport......or something.

I've had just about enough of this. She has had enough time to explain to us allll of her knowledge, she has had plenty of time to give examples of different kinds of abuse. Those which they are trying to tie to this case.

Here's one course these experts forgot to take.

gettothepoint.jpg

Yes. Please, let's move on with this!

I feel I'm back in the 70s with all this 'men are evil' 'women are good' BS.:banghead:

IMO

LOL Now I realized why I feel like putting on a granny gown,putting my hair up in a gibson girl and looking for my peace sign choker and my crochet handbag LOL! I was 18 in 77 and yes it is the same BS we were taught back then,funny but the woman I remember from my childhood were all manipulative,sneaky,and talked about offing their old man! Most were newly divorced friends of my mom's.One even told how every night she would wrap ex lax in a Hersey bar wrapper for hubby's dessert so he would stay home at night!He did die of colon cancer years later.I wonder if that was from her.

Lets say for poops and giggles that Travis did break Jodi's finger. Jodi could have gone to the police. If Travis were charged it would not have affected Jodi at all in the sense that there would be financial loss to their household.
There are people out there who don't want their partner charged because they would be removed from the home and there could be financial fallout.

Oh gawd I just heard Lenore Walker's name again. Circa 1974.

Further, Jodi could have easily passed off a broken finger as an accident, unlike a black eye. Two male friends of mine incurred broken fingers all by accident. Jodi could have invoked an accident explanation without arousing great suspicion. That she didn't can mean only one thing -- that she lied.

I'd guesstimate that that 80% of her yakkity yak is irrelevant to this case, and that is the DT's strategy, to obfuscate via information overload. You know, like a document dump.

At this point, I've decided this is an infomercial.

Chantix didn't work for me. The electronic cig did ... I loved it immediately and never had the urge for a real cig again. It's been over three years.... Still vaping and living it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one of my best friends vapes and makes her own juices... shes so creative!

Counseled victims who have talked to you about seeking med treatment when they have been harmed or come to testify . . .
yes they have talked to me . . many women don't make police reports, some change their minds after calling 911 and when police come out . . . depends on where they are in that whole progression in their relationship . . .some women actually follow thru with a police report . . . what happens when they are called to testify against perp? . . . I have been told 80%
objection
we had a DV court in Long Beach . . . . a number when women recant how do you have that knowledge? . . . I have talked to people who run battered womens shelters and a DV court for 8 years as did the shelter talk about what they saw and victim advocates in the court . . . what happens when women get to court they recant? . . .frequently there is a long period of time of when case is filed and when it gets to court .. . during that time if couple stays together - many have reconciled . . she doesn't want to testify doesn't want partner to lose his job or on his record, and in Calif there are a lot of penal fines . .. 273.5 injury to spouse must do 52 weeks in perpetratror treatment, probation for 3 years, (sometimes reduced to 2 years) . . . during one year must come back to court to show you are progressing in the program . . affects family financially, also affects the women who the men blame for these expenses . . .. many men are angry @ the women . .. the men still have to pay a fine on a sliding fee scale . . . financially sometimes a burden on the family to go thru that .

how often do these women recant? . . . estimate is about 80% of the time
even get to point of make a report they actually take it back this often?
that is the estimate I have been given . . for some women the court process has been very difficult for them . when they stick their necks out . . . if they report a 2nd time depends on what happened the first time.

they feel blamed. . .adult victims are often blamed . . . . child victims are not blamed . . . they adults are more culpable somehow they are blamed . . . there is a DV unit an they have Domestic Abuse Response Teams (DART) that also send out a child abuse worker they are trying to address this in a more wholistic way wher ethere are children involved.
when someone comes to join your mens group do you do an intake?
yes in my groups I do something unusual because I worked in the shelter I knew the whole story more . . . sometimes we had the medical and police records but I also had the women and children . . . often men and women stories very different. . . important to be able to interview the victim

if the couple is still together - invite the couple to come to the intake but I see them separately . . if victim/survivor doesn't want to come in then I will do it over the phone .. the victim doesn't want to tell me..

Lenore Walker if there are 2 stories and dv in the relationship there are 2 stories and the truth is worse.

men coming in for help they will play down what they have done.

yes - for instance drugs and alcohol in your family . . . men will say social drinkers only have couple of martinis a night . . . female says it is a problem . . . .he says we have one or 2 drinks a night his drinks are in a vat . . . like he is drinking 2 drinks it is like drinking 6 drinks.

most of the time the women are protective of the men they are with . . . for instance i am a mandated reporter and if they report child abuse if occurring and danger to self and others immnent threat . . . limits of confidentiality . . then we talk . . it is very conversational . . . don't have a lot f papers to fill out

ask them same type of questions - to see if there is a big difference in the stories then I have a big problem but if both stories match up a little more - it usually because they are both willing to share and trust

can't think of DV couples I have counseled together. . . for a few reasons
1) hear 2 different versions if they are separated
2) when I bring people back together what might be a good strategy or way to work . . if he is going to participate in my group it is a conflict to counsel together if DV safety of survivor is really important - don't know what we are generating in a couples counseling.

whn a situation is a bad guy they feel their partner is better then they are - only know how to do is level the playing field. . you remember what therapist said about your partner not what said about you.

couples counseling not good for good guy bad guy

3rd if I want someone to change in DV situioation . . I cannot confront that person in front of someone they hurt
they will never change

Lets say for poops and giggles that Travis did break Jodi's finger. Jodi could have gone to the police. If Travis were charged it would not have affected Jodi at all in the sense that there would be financial loss to their household.
There are people out there who don't want their partner charged because they would be removed from the home and there could be financial fallout.

Oh gawd I just heard Lenore Walker's name again. Circa 1974.

If TA had done it I have no doubt that if he didn't let her move in or get married she most definitely would have filed the report to have something over him! Trust me she'd drove straight thru to Vegas & get married in a heartbeat!

shame she cant interview travis eh since jodi butchered him :banghead:
I gotta say, if I were a DV expert, I would outright refuse to get involved in a situation where the murdered victim can't speak for himself unless there was an actual, verifiable history of him abusing her - like a witness to it, being violent with ex-girlfriends and the such.

I question the ethical integrity of someone who would.

Just IMO

Drinking from a vat is the only way some of us can even get through this testimony...:seeya:

Has AL mentioned anything in the last 2 hours pertaining to her assessment of Jodi?

I missed testimony this afternoon.

JW's demeanor is pathetic. Giggling and smiling while this witness is testifying. Shame on her.

I'm trying so hard to remember that JM is just sitting there, soaking all this in, paying out the rope to ALV, waiting, planning, here have a little more rope ALV... take your time... don't even need to take notes, ALV. Just keep talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties