trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #109

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TY! :seeya:

BBM: :what::eek: OMG I hadn't heard that!!! :what:

I agree people who hurt animals are evil. JA fits that description to a t.

jiust want to say God bless everyone who gives a pet a good home and takes care of them with love and God bless those who know they can't commit to taking good care of a pet and don't get any.

I thought ALV helped the prosecution more than the defense today. When she mentioned stalking, jealously, not accepting that the relationship is over, and the threat of suicide, she described JA to a T! Upon review, I'm sure Wilmott will deploy damage control tomorrow. I just can't wait for Juan!!!

:gasp::eek:
TE=FrayedKnot;9117135]Oh STEEEEEELY?

Yeah. We're gonna need some pics.

K thx. :floorlaugh:

I thought ALV helped the prosecution more than the defense today. When she mentioned stalking, jealously, not accepting that the relationship is over, and the threat of suicide, she described JA to a T! Upon review, I'm sure Wilmott will deploy damage control tomorrow. I just can't wait for Juan!!!

Yes, the part about not accepting a relationship is over is like a big fat soft pitch teed up for JM.

I love my four :cat: 's . Yes, :blushing: 4.

jiust want to say God bless everyone who gives a pet a good home and takes care of them with love and God bless those who know they can't commit to taking good care of a pet and don't get any.

The more I think the worse this gets.

I now do think he was in the shower under duress the entire time.
I do not think she showed up at his home until after 1pm.
i think he was up had made his bed, texted Chris H, assembled the
carpet cleaner and started to move the furniture when it walked in and took him hostage.
moo

they said on Dr Drew tonight that she didn't. when did she get interviewed and how many hours?

I don't know how many hours....but she did, for sure, 100% positive she interviewed Jodi.

There was one trial (the defendant's escapes me at the moment) where a make up person came each morning before trial to cover the ugly tattoos on the man's face so the jury wouldn't see them. The DT had argued that the subject matter of the tats would cause the jury to hate the defendant. This make up person was paid for by the taxpayers cause the defendant had no money, doncha know!

I remember that! He was a punk who stabbed his victim or victims to death. After he went to prison, he had a big vertical dagger tattooed on his face, from upper forehead down over his eye and all down his face. Someone came in with Dermablend every day so that the jury wouldn't "be prejudiced".

I don't know how many hours....but she did, for sure, 100% positive she interviewed Jodi.

OK, it was one of Dr drew's lawyers/ or shrink guests that said it. That's why she is speaking in generalities.

Thanks, I don't know all of the details about hipaa, but it just felt so wrong lol. I really think that if I were a client of hers I would be mortified if I were to see her up there today. I wonder if she asks her clients to sign some kind of authorization to release limited information...or something that allows her to use their stories. I don't know, I guess she probably wouldn't have to, but...I don't know...she just felt like a gossipy neighbor or something.
If she speaks in generalities she isn't breaking that particular law. I can only speak for that law though...I've worked in med records and psych since 2004 when that law was enacted. I mean if she saw my kids and myself in her private practice she could say that she saw a mom with two kids who had dealt with a verbally, mentally, and emotionally abusive ex husband who had issues with attracting the wrong men in her past. If she said something along the lines of "I saw *advertiser censored* *advertiser censored* and her kids *advertiser censored* *advertiser censored* and she lives in Arizona in a big city and she used to say xyz to me" that would be a BIG no way.

ETA Never mind. sammie at post 167 gave link to ALV's license.
====================================================================
May be jumping the gun, or maybe this Q has already been resolved --
about her license /non-license status in CA.

Strange to me that her online CV seems to fail to reference
http://www.alycelaviolette.com/Alyce-LaViolette-cv.pdf
her license or licensing status
(evident it sd/be in CA since her office address is there).

Seems like there wd/hv/bn space to shoe-horn it in somewhere in those 20 pages.

Would her license be something other than a psychologist license?

Did I miss it on the CV or elsewhere on her website? Anyone?

California is one of the states that had a loophole permitting people to work as 'mental health professionals' even without a license. A psychologist we know had his license revoked years ago but he never stopped seeing patients and had many job offers. His current "Health Grades" listing online gives all the information patients need to contact him for an appointment. The website includes a "Background Check" that declares he has "No malpractice, no sanctions and no board accusations"--yet the psychology board website clearly states his license was Revoked in 1998 and Surrendered in 2004.

Someone said California took steps in about 2011 to tighten restrictions, but I have no knowledge of that.

The more I think the worse this gets.

I now do think he was in the shower under duress the entire time.
I do not think she showed up at his home until after 1pm.
i think he was up had made his bed, texted Chris H, assembled the
carpet cleaner and started to move the furniture when it walked in and took him hostage.
moo

It wouldn't surprise me. ... Nothing would. I'm certain it's even more horrific than any of us can even imagine. I try not to think about all the details anymore. We will never really know exactly. It's enough we know she did it with premeditation and extreme cruelty and believe the jury will reach that same conclusion.

I can't be the only person that hasn't seen this. Kim Goldman talks about her brother's murder and a message she has for Travis A's family. It's so moving! Hope it's OK to post this here.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/0...der-family-kim-goldman-ron-goldman-oj-simpson

For Travis Alexander’s family, this is no different. They waited five years before their son/brother’s accused killer was brought to trial, and now they must sit in the same room, breathing the same air, listening to the horror-filled events that led to Travis’ death.

The lies, the deceit, the private and perhaps embarrassing secrets that could taint his memory; the realization that his life as they knew it would be overshadowed by his killer’s recount of the last day of his young life. Listening to people talk as if they knew him best, painting him out to be someone who is a stranger to his family, a sexual deviant, an abuser -- or, in my brother’s case a drug-dealing, club-hopping wanna-be-model who had no future.

“How dare they,” we mutter under our breath.

Cats are like potato chips, ya can't have just one!

I have 3 dogs but if I ever get another kitten it will be named "Pringles" cause "Lays" kinda sounds wrong. I agree. When we had cats we always had more than one.
Then we got a dog, then another...
I kinda miss my kittys.

They all got old and died but they are buried outside right under my bedroom window about 3 feet from my bed. :) still close.

I'm having way too much fun reading here tonight, and I don't have to get up early tomorrow morning. Someone please tell me to not open another bottle of wine and to just go to bed!

(I should probably save this bottle for another boring trial day tomorrow, huh)

Good night...sleep tight!
(tiptoes out....gently shuts the door)

OK, it was one of Dr drew's lawyers/ or shrink guests that said it. That's why she is speaking in generalities.

She's speaking that way because its been already ruled she can't testify to specifics as she never interviewed Travis. She can't be specific about Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson