trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TY...I agree. Jodi's lies are a slap in the face to every survivor of domestic violence. You just wait, after she is convicted--and the attention drifts away, the "foggy amnesia" will part and Jodi will have '50 Tales of If I Did It, This Is How I Did It". Sociopaths love attention and love to brag.
Who wants to bet her family will sell Jodi out after the trial to cash in? ....if she is locked up safely.

sadly, you are undoubtedly right. skanks breed more skanks.

Do y'all remember the red soda lady in court?
I think she was also the cane lady taking pictures with JM???

I just watched the hearing again. The emails were admitted, under seal, for that hearing. So, they were not admitted into evidence for trial at that point, but it does not preclude them from being attempted to be re-introduced at trial...i.e., as the basis for ALV's testimony, or for impeachment purposes in JM's cross, now that we know that she did use them as a basis for her testimony.

Of course, as always, as a lowly law student I am always open to correction from AZ Lawyer or any other attorneys lurking about.

Being non-lawyer, my civilian humble opinion, I would focus on other issues in cross UNTIL I can have the actual writers (Hughes) on the stand during rebuttal case. This witness can only testify to what she reads to formulate an opinion not to the truth of the emails.

My intuition radar is buzzing again wondering if they were ACTUALLY written by them or some one else uhum. Of course, I could be wrong. Just a possibility. Arias tends to be able to get on the people's computer and send this emails; or, I wonder if she could have gotten their email address and by some other means be able to send an email from a phantom account or something like that.

Until I hear for the horse's mouth (hee haw), I don't know the truth of the matter especially since Arias has lied continuously with Samuel.

JMHO

BBM, what is "that site"? Would like to lurk around, for humor.
Google jodiariasisinnocent
I can still read over there. I have many proxy servers I haven't used yet and neighbors that don't have their internet connections password protected. I'll probably leave a few more comments for them before the trial is over....just for the halibut.

I don't see how Skye can clean up what she wrote in her email when she said she wouldn't let her own sister date TA due to the abusive way he treated previous women.

She can clarify what she means by 'abuse'. My guess is it's along the lines of flirting terribly.

I don't see how Skye can clean up what she wrote in her email when she said she wouldn't let her own sister date TA due to the abusive way he treated previous women.

And this is why the prosecution won't call her to testify. As for the defense, they would have to weigh the good and bad that would come out and see if they would come out ahead. Actually... if I was the defense team, at this point, they have nothing to lose LOL I have tried my very best to listen to all the testimony in an unbiased way, and I really do not see how this jury could not find her guilty and would lean towards the death penalty at this point. So I really don't think there is anything to lose. JMO

read rule 703 - JM keeps citing it in his objections & it covers admissibility of material/conclusions of expert witnesses - clears it right up.

Thanks, yes...703 is what my comment was based on.

I read a tweet on twitter a couple days ago that claimed ALV was the 6th DV expert the defense talked to about testifying, all the others wouldn't do it. Anyone know if this is true?

Hopefully we can find that out, since the defense is going to have to allow the media to see the details of their expenditures.

I remember Veronica on Dr Drew stating how ja would call TA while working, leave work and go to Mesa from Palm Desert 5 hrs away. (Jury has not heard this yet.)

This was during the time of the Hughes emails IMO.

IMO the Hughes knew what ja was and was trying to get ja to move on, leave TA alone.

So in Jan 2007 ja was told by Sky Hughes to move on, yada yada about TA (no matter if true or not) and yet ja just keep on a truckin into TA's life.

ja was determined to HAVE TA, she finally butchered, shot and slit his throat.

Sick monster!!!!! I pray this jury sees through all of this crap. I know I would if I were on the jury.

I'm very confused, I guess. I thought it was established that ALV could not testify about TA as an abuser. Yet, there it was!

Am I going crazy or was that not the indication when this witness took the stand? The fact that it came in right at the end of testimony is quite convenient, as well...

I thought so, too, since ALV had not known Travis and was not able to interview him. I thought that CA's DT was the lowest of the low, but Jodi's defense now takes the prize. I'd expect this of Nurmi who really doesn't seem to have the talent to be a good attorney. JW, though, seems pretty savvy and smart, but her sneaky tactics negate anything positive that I see in her ability to be a really good litigator. :moo:

I have to say, as soon as I saw these silly admirers I knew this would be trouble and it would be blown out of proportion. I wish that silly woman never asked him to sign her cane. He's a prosecutor not a rock star...

I think it can be cleared up. The word 'abusive' can mean different things to different people. A Mormon woman might consider it 'abusive' that he wanted sexual relationship with someone. Another woman might consider that normal behavior. JMO

Could be why the DT was fighting so hard to keep the PT and public from finding out what they spent that 836,000 on so far...they didn't want Juan and Flores to know what they had to go through to get a defense together or how many experts!

Perhaps these 2 experts are old news. http://www.alycelaviolette.com/ She could up-date her website, no?

Post #2217 from lil buddy about AVL being named in complaint: Letter to Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office re. discrimination against men by the County Domestic Violence Council.

After reading the complaint I was led to an article she wrote: Researchers Agree Women May Hit Their Male Partners, But Infrequently 'Batter' Them — Pattern of Coercion Is Seldom Present in Female Aggression

Says something about her views on men verus women being abused.

I think it can be cleared up. The word 'abusive' can mean different things to different people. A Mormon woman might consider it 'abusive' that he wanted sexual relationship with someone. Another woman might consider that normal behavior. JMO

Exactly. Just like Lisa naively believed Travis popping a boner while making out with her was something he could control and meant he was trying to get sex from her. They can tend to have a narrow view of the world.

I still think Sky Hughes, just like Lisa, wishes she never wrote the email.

I guess it depends on what she is referring to as abusive...what her standards are. I could conceive that some people with extraordinarily high standards would consider it abusive of a boyfriend not to return texts or calls in a timely manner, or want to hang out with his friends several nights a week, or not open the door for his date, or not bring her flowers now and then. I think abusive might be the wrong term for that kind of guy, maybe thoughtless, inconsiderate, and ungentlemanly. Maybe she considers it abusive to be intimate with a woman that he has no intention of settling down with. I have no idea, just musing. I just don't necessarily think she definitely mean abusive in the way that most people would assume...like hitting, slapping or punching, being nasty or insulting, being manipulative and controlling, etc.

If you watched the testimony she mentioned several other things. I just pointed out the one statement.

I remember Veronica on Dr Drew stating how ja would call TA while working, leave work and go to Mesa from Palm Desert 5 hrs away. (Jury has not heard this yet.)

This was during the time of the Hughes emails IMO.

IMO the Hughes knew what ja was and was trying to get ja to move on, leave TA alone.

So in Jan 2007 ja was told by Sky Hughes to move on, yada yada about TA (no matter if true or not) and yet ja just keep on a truckin into TA's life.

ja was determined to HAVE TA, she finally butchered, shot and slit his throat.

Sick monster!!!!! I pray this jury sees through all of this crap. I know I would if I were on the jury.

Yes. I agree. From seeing the Hughes on 48 hours or some such show, they loved Travis. I think it was more of a "yes, Jodi, you are right. He doesn't treat you right. You should just move on...I wouldn't even let my sister date him" I truly do not believe it was that they were AGREEING with or SUPPORTING JA in any way.

Shoo fly....go away kind of thing.

IMO this is the reason for Jodi's migraine yesterday. If trial had continued yesterday, maybe by today JM could have started the cross. Maybe not, but I think in JA's devious mind, this is EXACTLY how she wanted to leave the jury for this LONG WEEKEND. Just think, four full days to think about poor abused Jodi :devil:

I am just hoping the jurors are happy to have 4 full days with their families, etc and do not think about this trial AT ALL over the break. They NEED a break from this circus IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo