trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the previous thread, Veritas Vita said
I am sorry, I don't like what ALV is doing for the defense, but the "personal style, dress, haircut, profession gives the first impression that she is gay" is absurd in my opinion. You cannot tell homosexuality from the outside appearance - despite sterotypes. again, JMHO

I think that is especially true once a woman gets past a certain age. At some point, comfort and knowing that what YOU like is more important than what anyone else thinks. That includes comfortable shoes and a short, brush-n-go hairstyle. Fashion trends rarely take comfort and practicality into account.

SyraKelly,
I don't know how to being your comment over from the last thread. You said Jean C was getting a bad rap? No. No.
She loves stirring the pot and she is pro defense. Do you not remember how she cuddled with Mason and Baez after FCA was acquitted? Look at what those two attorneys did. How they lied. And all in the name of what? Oh yeah, getting a murderer set free so she can murder again. So now we have two more lawyers trying to do the same thing. And who is there to help them? Oh yes. Jean C.
Juan Martinez is very popular here so ya might to want to go around defending the so called journalist.

It must be so awful for the Hughes, they saw this relationship heading into the serious danger zone right from the beginning and tried to warn Travis all the way through, to no avail. How incredibly heartbreaking, but at least they know they tried.

Not only that, but as someone here posited earlier, the Hughes may have been initially duped by JA's fake letters - which, if true, is beyond heart breaking and heinous.

It sure would explain a lot - especially CH's fury with the DT.

Anyone who could do that to a friendship - and take it SO far as to offer false evidence (all the while refusing to say who initially 'sent' them to her or providing originals when doing could have a significant impact on her) makes the idea of premeditation just that much easier to see.

I'm confused... it seems like the letter/s between C/SH about JA are pre-June 04/08. The fake letters were known to the DT and state in 2010 per court record, but I'm sure they were aware of them well before that.

Of course JA caused friction and tension between the Hughes and Travis - that's what a psychopath like her does: divide and conquer. Even w/o the fake letters.

I am sure she told the Hughes one thing and Travis another, etc. to create conflict because she wasn't about to compete with his closest friends... Sadly, I've seen this type of manipulation first hand and it is very effective, if only to plant a seed of doubting or mistrusting the other innocent party - just the sense of being on guard is enough to do damage.

There is nothing redeeming about this defendant. Nothing.

The subliminal message of team solidarity. Today the whole team is in on it.

-JW wearing red jacket with black buttons and black skirt.
-KN wearing black suit with red shirt and solid cream colored tie.
_ALv wearing the unifying black jacket with red and cream Chinese-looking figures and red top.
-JA wearing cream colored blouse, the color signifying purity.

Wonder which consultant thought all this up? There is no way that this is coincidental.

And in the Drew Peterson/Kathleen Savio trial in recent past the defense (Dream) team did this whole color scheme thing... Drew Peterson was convicted of his ex wife's death. She had been buried for 4 years (?) and the body was exhumed, body was in horrible shape.

SO, the moral of my story here is: The color scheme ain't gonna work.

So do we know whether JA's mother and aunt are wearing DV ribbons or is it TA ribbons?

I think this judge needs to take a coffee break for the rest of the afternoon. For all the good she is doing handling the court. Why is she even there. The DT is running free. At least JM is getting his objections on the books. Sick of looking at Miss priss as she approaches the judge. puke. And this witness's look of shock and awe when JM objects to what she says. just awful. :furious:

I saw the clip where JM took a pic and signed an autograph. He seemed genuinely surprised and a bit embarrassed. He also declined to make any comments or grant any interviews. I think he was trying to be graceful and left as quickly as he could after that.

moo

THANK YOU!:seeya:

Because they want their "expert witness" to interpret them. They don't want the jury to see the entire emails because they'd be able to see the context.

Just seems so biased. Does this mean that the jury won't see the actual emails once deliberations begin?

somebody help me out. if i have to wait too long for clarification, i may get a migraine....or start thinking about suicide. LOL.

WHEN were these emails written by chris and sky hughes that she's talking about? i KNOW about the misunderstanding when they thought the pedophile letters were real after TA's death, but are these emails something before that? as in DURING the relationship between JA and TA? did we get DATES for this exchange?

I don't know either...but Juan will tell us!

Did I hear right? 9:30 start!

I'm not terribly worried about this expert. At this point I think the side effect of her testimony is that JM is going to be even more prepared for her than she can imagine. I just have this feeling, she will be chicken litter when he gets done with her.

Just seems so biased. Does this mean that the jury won't see the actual emails once deliberations begin?

Maybe Juan could bring them up in cross and read them out/show them on the jumbotron since willma opened the door?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

So ALV is on par with a palm reader or a psychic I guess. She can interpret things, somehow "know" things about people she's never met, based on tiny snippets of their lives because she can compare them with her limited life experience? (Yes her experience is limited - there are tens of millions of relationships, people, and situations - her knowledge is not broad enough to reach reliable conclusions, that's why there is a thing called peer reviewed research).

Worst of all was when she related the story of a kid whose mom killed herself and the family kept watching tv. She said she "knew" a lot about that person based on that one event...really? Does that make any kind of sense? You just "know" how that affected the person as an adult? She "knows" how he dealt with it, what his beliefs about it were?

These kind of things could only be conclusive if everyone reacted the same way to external events. They don't.

Did I hear right? 9:30 start!

So we will start at usual start time of 10.30 then have the ceremonial sidebar to start the day :floorlaugh:

View attachment 31316

Characterizes LaViolette's attitude as "only men are perps, only women are victims”.

Did I call that or what?

It's a shame that Travis Alexander wasn't black, then the Defense Team could have brought in an expert witness from the Aryan Nation to tell us "how those people are".

Yes, LaViolette operates under cover of being an "advocate" for victims. And she has a lot in common with Jodi Arias, kindred spirits really, in that the path she has taken is that of passive-aggression and manipulation.

She simply practices a form of bigotry that is, sadly, not only socially accepted, unquestioned, but often encouraged.

Author's information garnered from...

36 Alyce LaViolette's webpage describing her disapproval for a instrument widely used in academic domestic violence research. She does not state a
preference among the other instruments existing which have been dismissed as biased or are untested. From every encounter I have had with her, or
solely from her essay, I gather she prefers the most biased. (http://alycelaviolette.com/Women-Who-Hit-Their-Male-Partners.htm)

37 AFCC conference brochure including Alyce LaViolette and Judge Steinberg. LaViolette presentation is first on the first page directly across from
mention of Steinberg. (http://library.softgenx.com/dvc/LADV/court/2010_Pre-Conference_and_Conference_Abstracts.pdf)

Why doesn't this Hughes person testify for himself, instead of this lady interpreting it?

I can see Chris and sky Hughes being called on rebuttal now.

I am beyond pizzed at this.

Can Juan bring up that sky only said whatever is in that email after the DT lied to them about the forged letters?

The email was from 2007

View attachment 31316

Characterizes LaViolette's attitude as "only men are perps, only women are victims”.

Did I call that or what?

It's a shame that Travis Alexander wasn't black, then the Defense Team could have brought in an expert witness from the Aryan Nation to tell us "how those people are".

Yes, LaViolette operates under cover of being an "advocate" for victims. And she has a lot in common with Jodi Arias, kindred spirits really, in that the path she has taken is that of passive-aggression and manipulation.

She simply practices a form of bigotry that is, sadly, not only socially accepted, unquestioned, but often encouraged.

Good find.

The complaint is less than a year old. Do you know its disposition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee