trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what her mom considers "normal".

Good question but she said she talked to her and she was all happy and said she had a good time and she didn't want to come home because everyone was going to go (no sure but think 4wheeling?) and she was sad she had to come home because of work.

I just noticed that this trial is taking so long that Nurmi is growing a Rumplestilskin beard. It will be 4 feet long before the trial is over.

You got all that out of a one minute or less clip of her mother?

I think she tried to survive like all family members do when having to deal with a psychopath. She was probably fearful of her daughter too.

From what I have read it is horrific for family members when they have a psychopath as a child.

She seemed more honest and truly distraught in the one minute clip than her daughter did on the stand for 19 days.

Agreed!

I don't like to talk about my personal life but - I grew up with a psychopath and it is not good! I can't blame her mother right now - I don't know enough about her to judge her...:twocents:

There are no absolutes, but in my experience and I've had a lot of dogs throughout my life, they don't run away from being kicked. Dogs are incredibly loyal. You could kick them senseless and they might run off but they come back! I'm positive she killed the dog. It was a really strange thing to bring up in the interrogations.

FTR, I have never kicked my dogs!

I'm tellin ya it's usually 1st sign of sociopath or serial killers.. think about it when you watch A&E shows.. they always talk about hurting/killing animals!

If Jodi get DP, she will have several decades of State funded appeals.

With LWOP, Jodi will be responsible for her own appeals financing and organizing.

I have VERY personal knowledge of the DP and am 100% against the DP in any case.

I am an American.

I wonder WHEN her mental problems started? If it was years ago then the question is why her family didn't do anything. I can't wait to hear more.

Jodi was intensely questioned by police and spent several days being cross examined by Juan. She didn't break.

I can't imagine how her parents could have FORCED her to go to counseling. And they are being portrayed as abusive for trying to discipline her in this trial.

Like mother, like daughter she was scared that she would be found as an accomplice. Jodi was with her mother packing up a car with gun and knife in the car when she was arrested.

Her mother has been horrible throughout this trial, laughing, snickering and just disgusting. Showing absolutely no remorse for her daughter's behaviour.

This^. Anyone ashamed of their daughter's behavior would sit meekly in the courtroom. She also tried to sell the fake pedo letters to the National Enquirer.

This has really been bothering me, so Im going to throw it out here and see what you all think. Travis wrote his "Why I want to marry..." piece on May 18th. That combined with his statement of "if I dont show up for church one Sunday" tells me he knew Jodi was coming after him. He was sending out warnings. He knew how dangerous she was, but why oh why, did he not take steps to save himself ? Any thoughts ?

B-I-N-G-O ! :rocker:

She was upset about it, not denying that Jodi would do something like this.

If someone told you they had evidence that pointed to your child being a murderer, you would respond with "My child would NEVER kill anyone. You are WRONG." Jodi's mom didn't do that. Big red flag.

Can we at least give her the benefit of the doubt until we see more video.

Haven't we seen and heard enough from her in court? She is trying to save her daughter's life, but I can't give her a pass. Just the way she responds to Travis' family is enough for me!

Lots of talk on twitter that today was a bad day for The State. I don't see it. :waitasec:

The Jodi-ites must be on Twitter in droves today because it sure wasn't a bad day for the state.

ALV is proving that JA was obsessed with Travis.

Perhaps Jodi's mom is a good actress and she's only pretending to be distressed in front of Det. Flores. Psychopaths come from dysfunctional homes.

Not always. I do not know anything about TA's family except what he wrote about on his blog. It was not pretty. His dad had three wives and seven children. Pretty dysfunctional..if you ask me. I have not heard of any of the half-brothers or half-sisters that are psychopaths.

I have a question regarding Darryl. JA started dating him in 2002. If she's so wackodoodled how was she able to seem normal from 2002 to 2006? Did he just not notice? I don't get it.

Perhaps he's not normal either. I would guess he must be at least a bit wacky to have been with her that long, Travis figured it out in five months.

I felt the first day that this woman was very biased.

I don't feel betrayed by her since I am a female who is also an abuse survivor but if I was a male I sure would. It is obvious that she thinks all victims are females and all abusers are males. To believe that ignorance and stereotypical thinking in 2013 or promote it is reprehensible and a slap in the face to the thousands of males who are abused every year by dangerous females.

IMO

HAS ALV watched the interrogation tapes and did she see the mom and pop interviews? If so, ALV is nothing but a paid hack.

OMG.. the whole
Our mind tends to go where it's been before ... line

If we tell the truth we tend to believe others tell us the truth or if we lie we tend to think other's are lying...

WTH? HUH? What is she trying to say??? I can't wait for JM to get a hold of her & point out all of JAs LIES and then say.. What ya think about that then to your "Our mind tends to go where it's been before" theory?? (sounds like Star Trek theory (also 60s & 70s show))

Hmmmm ... we all know where Arias' mind has been before. Lock her up for life or she will kill again.

Jodi was intensely questioned by police and spent several days being cross examined by Juan. She didn't break.

I can't imagine how her parents could have FORCED her to go to counseling. And they are being portrayed as abusive for trying to discipline her in this trial.

While she didn't break down in a heap she did let her mask slip many times when he crossed her.

IMO

This has really been bothering me, so Im going to throw it out here and see what you all think. Travis wrote his "Why I want to marry..." piece on May 18th. That combined with his statement of "if I dont show up for church one Sunday" tells me he knew Jodi was coming after him. He was sending out warnings. He knew how dangerous she was, but why oh why, did he not take steps to save himself ? Any thoughts ?

Travis had no experience with psychopaths. He had no idea what she (a psychopath) was capable of doing.

Can we at least give her the benefit of the doubt until we see more video.

I am not trying to be disrespectful, it is just my opinion. I hope I am wrong. It is just a big difference from the video so far to being in the court room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankfurtfun