trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't she also buy some things in twos, shampoo, etc at Walmart when she bought the gas cans on the way to kill Travis.

It caused some of us to at first wonder if there was someone with her in the car.
:hills:
I may be wrong, but I think she bought two bottles of hair dye at wal-mart.

I'm watching that video with JA's mom right now on DD, and it's chilling. She is entirely believable.

Ted Bundy diagnosis:

ASPD, especially factor 1 psychopathy, is that it is very difficult to treat. Treatment has shown to be effective in the average criminal, however not with psychopaths, such as Bundy. There is actually a chance that psychopaths who are high factor 1 may get worse with treatment because instead of learning about themselves, they learn more about others and use that information.

As with treating any personality disorder, getting the person into therapy and keeping them involved is very difficult. Most individuals, including Bundy, have no interest in changing their behavior. It is also difficult because high factor 1s are so deceitful and manipulative it is hard to believe anything they say.

It is very unlikely that cognitive therapy will be effective, especially with someone like Ted Bundy. The most effective tool possible is prevention. It is very important to prevent children misbehaving and intervene any behavioral problems at an early age.

Sure, I'll buy that. Non-treatable, non-releasable. Fair enough.

IMO, JM's psych expert will testify that Jodi is completely sane, lucid and in control at all times of the choices she makes. There is no way in the World JM wants to do the work the DT should have done to make excuses for their client's behavior.

Did they actually take the IQ test? Does anyone know what her IQ actually is?
Yes, after two tries to get out of it, they gave in. The results weren't posted.
I really think she does half this stuff just to be obstinate - remind everyone SHE runs the show.

I'm watching that video with JA's mom right now on DD, and it's chilling. She is entirely believable.

Remember Flores' report, regarding how LE had the defendant under surveillance and spotted a woman believed to be the defendant's mom visiting and giving her a big hug.

Remember Flores' report, how .25 caliber ammo was found at the home of the defendant's.

Remember how Travis told the defendant she was just like her mom.

The only thing that JA and Ted Bundy had in common was that they were converted (god knows why) into the Mormon church. JA was no Ted Bundy, no way, now how. Read The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule.

I just repeated what they said. I actually do not have much info on Ted Bundy. I did not follow that case at all. Is he the guy that ate his victims?

Baffling she wouldn't go with an insanity defense to save her life.

I am quite sure that was explored but she is as sane as you and me. She didn't hear voices telling her to kill Travis. She didn't think she was saving him from a life in hell. I do think in her mind that she rationalized that she put Travis in a better place but that isn't insane, that's rationalization. She knew what she did was wrong, even in her "fog" and "amnesia" she knew enough to try and cover her tracks, hide the murder weapons and have an alibi, as lame as it was. And most likely she was sane enough to plan out a robbery for the murder weapon, dye her hair and use a rental car to keep from being recognized, 3 gas cans to keep her presence in Arizona from being known and a visit to a potential boyfriend to cover her tracks. She is unusual and probably personality disordered but crazy she is not.

Hey, silly question... did JM dye his hair? Catching up on today's testimony and his hair seems a lot darker.

I just had that feeling awhile back and today I threw in the bipolar because of the sweet-rage as her father said. I have a very good friend who is bipolar and that is one of the ways they are. Nice one nanosecond, then flips to rage.

And, no, Jodi can never ever let out, she will kill again. Next time, maybe she wouldn't be so sloppy.

Sure, I'll buy that. Non-treatable, non-releasable. Fair enough.

Yes, after two tries to get out of it, they gave in. The results weren't posted.
I really think she does half this stuff just to be obstinate - remind everyone SHE runs the show.

I think you're right. I'd be willing to bet she is actually just afraid it won't be as high as she would like. I'm sure she's intelligent, but given her narcissistic attitude, she probably wants it to show her a genius -- but she knew when she got to some of the synthetic questions that she couldn't make heads or tails of that she was not going to hit that mark. Better to sabotage than fail at perfection in her world. :cow:

Ted Bundy diagnosis:

ASPD, especially factor 1 psychopathy, is that it is very difficult to treat. Treatment has shown to be effective in the average criminal, however not with psychopaths, such as Bundy. There is actually a chance that psychopaths who are high factor 1 may get worse with treatment because instead of learning about themselves, they learn more about others and use that information.

As with treating any personality disorder, getting the person into therapy and keeping them involved is very difficult. Most individuals, including Bundy, have no interest in changing their behavior. It is also difficult because high factor 1s are so deceitful and manipulative it is hard to believe anything they say.

It is very unlikely that cognitive therapy will be effective, especially with someone like Ted Bundy. The most effective tool possible is prevention. It is very important to prevent children misbehaving and intervene any behavioral problems at an early age.

In one of the interrogation videos, Jodie told Flores she didnt want to change, not verbatim.

OOoohhh good one!

2 stories ... until she got busted.

From her testimony, she also had two cameras, an Olympus and a Canon. That explains why she didn't take TA's camera - only would have been 1 too many.

Maybe she's too crazy to think she's crazy?She thinks everyone else is the crazy one!

IMO, Jodi's too narcissistic to allow herself to be portrayed as anything but absolutely perfect. Smarter than anyone else in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicontrolling