trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I believe if someone came in to the view the trial knowing nothing much about it, that person would not know who was actually on trial. The DF team is trying to muddy the waters with religion and domestic violence.

LOL Last night I was screaming at my computer at ALV

"DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THAT A MAN WAS SLAUGHTERED AND LEFT TO ROT IN HIS SHOWER FOR FIVE DAYS? YOU KNOW--THE VICTIM????"

And my DH had to leave the room because ALV's testimony was making him sick. He literally couldn't stomach her.

Since the DT reads here: WRAP IT UP, JENNIFER WILLMOTT. You're digging Jodi's grave (and that's great and all, but you are making people very angry on that jury--I guarantee you.)

It just bugs me why Travis would have let her in on June 4. Had sex with her. Isn't there a point where someone is too crazy to even have sex with?

She's the "expert" -- giving her "expert" opinion on Jodi's actions. It's not enough that Jodi testified to it as she's not an expert. It's not unusual.

Except she's not wording her responses in phrases like "in my opinion" or "what I observed" or "what she told me" . She's testifying as if her perceptions are FACT. As in "she felt...." "she did this because..." as if she's noting facts and not interpretations or perceptions.

This is not a subtle difference actually.

It's something drilled in to nurses (as me) about charting. Working as a Psych nurse we always had to put things in notes patients had said, phrases like "patient reports feeling..." or describing with descriptors their affect vs our interpretation "patient is sad". More like "patient has a downturned mouth, eyes are tearful and audible sobs".

She's testifying in an opposite way to being an observer. she's testifying FOR Jodi but through what might appear more a "credible" costume.

anagrammy, I would love to read your post concerning the DP. Can you tell me where it is please? :please:

Find a post by Anagrammy, click her name, then click find all posts by Anagrammy.

I would send you to it but then you'd miss out on other posts by her :)

I know! JW is going day by day by day through the journal and asking blah blah blah. JA testified to all this crap so why AL is even allowed to give her opinion on each and every entry is beyond me. What a farce! Grrrrrrr!

I think the journal is being dragged out time and time again because they literally have no other corroborating evidence.

So if the victim (and killer) had been, say, Roman Catholic, do you think the crime would have unfolded the same? In other words, do you really think she killed him because of the religion? And if they had been Methodist or Baptist or athiest she would not have butchered him? She would have merrily let him go? I don't think so. I think Jodi would have done this no matter what faith Travis belonged to. IMO it has nothing to do with religion.

Agreed. Religion has been drawn in as part of Jodi's latest victimization strategy, but has nothing to do with the salient legal point. She claims she killed TA in self defense. We have seen no evidence that she had a reasonable fear for imminent death or grievous bodily injury at the hands of TA. Her story is laughable on its face, and even if true, insufficient to meet the requirements for self defense in light of the brutal attack she delivered -- in contrast to the absence of injuries she suffered. End of defense.

:cow:

Well, I believe in a happy ending.

She did kick the dog and then she removed the chain and the dog ran off.

The dog "doggy boy" found a family who loved and cared for him and treated him like family. They even gave him a new, respectable dog name.........

:great:

He shall forever be known to me as JB (Jodi's Bane).

It just bugs me why Travis would have let her in on June 4. Had sex with her. Isn't there a point where someone is too crazy to even have sex with?

Personally I go with what Travis' friends have said "Jodi was Travis' drug and he was addicted". and I think that was by design, by Jodi. Not discounting Travis participation in this but I do think it explains his irrational sexual behavior when it came to her. I also believe he thought he had the whole situation under control.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

I wanted to correct an error I made in this post.
I stated I thought JA was watching juror #18
That should be juror #10 (Barb)

Don't know why I put down the wrong number there.

I think JA wants to be judged by a jury of "men"
because she thinks they will feel sorry for her and let her go.
She has to get rid of the good looking women
so that the men won't be swayed by their beauty.

I think this whole ALV is ticking the men off!

The amount of men on this jury really worries me. Men (so-called "nice guys" in particular) have a tendency to put women on pedestals as if they are delicate little flowers in need of rescue and protection. I'm reminded of that one male defense lawyer idiot on HLN, who described Travis's words on the sex tape as offensive and degrading to ALL women, as if he knows how ALL women think about certain types of sex talk.

I'd be much more comfortable with an all female jury, because for better or for worse women are more likely to think the worst of other women. This phenomena was seen in the Amanda Knox case. Her biggest defenders were men and her biggest haters were women. There were even polls done to confirm this.

Whoaaaa, I missed a lot last night by going to bed early!!!

Not caught up yet but are the full length mom/dad interrogation videos available? And do we know what pictures Jodi had in her cell?

If you listen to the sex tape Jodi made on May 10, 2008--you'll hear Jodi cooing and laughing and talking in a peppy way like she's on top of the world & happy that Travis won't ever marry her, won't ever even be around her when his friends are around because everyone knows Jodi's a psycho stalker. She's chipper and perky when Travis discusses his travel plans that don't include her at all.

The problem is that she's seething with rage and hatred at that point in time. She has already started planning the murder of Travis.

Travis' mistake was accepting Jodi's behavior at face value. He apparently didn't sense the rage and murderous hatred she felt. He made the mistake of buying this story that she would love to keep their sexual relationship going whenever it was convenient, even though he will never commit to her.

Alyce strikes me as incredibly out of touch with the real world, doesn't text etc & seems like the sort of woman who doesn't even have a tv. If the jury are anything like normal people they have got to be wondering if Alyce would class all men as abusers. In all relationships, there is usually one who earns more than the other- according to Alyce it makes sense they are abusing the weaker dependent partner. If you are religious then it 's just a short step to using that religion to control your partner. What sort of logic is this? And don't get me started on the outfit! It's like she shopped for the least attractive clothes ever. I find something very 'off' about this woman, she doersn't doesn't seem relevant to today. But perhaps that's the whole women's liberation, hippy vibe I get from her.

The male jurors will have the same reaction as your boyfriend. It will all backfire.

My DH has been listening to the trial on his way home from work for the past few weeks. He was absolutely livid about the bull@#$% that ALV spewed yesterday! DH thinks that every man on that jury will be equally angered by ALV generalizations about men and that this will not bode well for the defense. ALV has unjustifiably defamed every man who walks on the planet. :moo:

"Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile...... "

:seeya: *throwing my MTM hat here in Minneapolis*

Ah...What a crush I had on MTM. :blushing:

The amount of men on this jury really worries me. Men (so-called "nice guys" in particular) have a tendency to put women on pedestals as if they are delicate little flowers in need of rescue and protection. I'm reminded of that one male defense lawyer idiot on HLN, who described Travis's words on the sex tape as offensive and degrading to ALL women, as if he knows how ALL women think about certain types of sex talk.

I'd be much more comfortable with an all female jury, because for better or for worse women are more likely to think the worst of other women. This phenomena was seen in the Amanda Knox case. Her biggest defenders were men and her biggest haters were women. There were even polls done to confirm this.

I think this was true with the Anthony case...particularly the jury foreman. Of course you need 11 other followers to go along with him.

Well, if any of these men watched the movie "Fatal Attraction" we have nothing to worry about. :great:

I agree 100%. Really wish there was someone with authority over this judge who could address these issues. Seriously, the DT's behavior is so unprofessional and childish it's pathetic. All three of them are need to be counseled, preferably asap.

This doesn't touch on what she tolerates from Willmott's eye rolls, smirks and giggles.

And I won't even go to the whispering, chuckling, snorting Bobbsey twins in the front row.

(Okay, I went there. So sue me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member