trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Jodi wonders if Travis is going to get a gun, but he comes back with a splint for her finger?

How absurd is that? In that scenario, how would Travis even know she needed one? And why would he happen to have one lying around?

And this splint does not HELP her finger? It just remains crooked as hell?

ALV says Jodi didn't get help for it because she'd have to tell on her partner? I hope the jury remembers that Jodi lies to benefit herself. So why couldn't she lie to a doctor if she would lie to the police?

Why does JW have to respond when JM objects? JW does so as if the judge isn't smart enough to figure out what to do with the objection.

Looking forward to cross of this witness by JM. Bet he is looking forward to it too. :)

images

Good night folks. If there is any court tomorrow, please take good notes. I gotta work. But judging from the last few days, missing the live testimony may be a good thing. :floorlaugh:

I don't understand why Alyce continues to talk about other people. Like the cat story this morning. It's bad enough thinking about what happened to Travis but she has to throw in animal abuse stories too not even related to the case!! Travis took excellent care of his Dog except for when he let JA babysit. She probably let the Dog starve while he was away out of spite and jealousy. She kicked her own Dog that just happened to run away. Yeah right, she killed the poor pup. She is a murderer and needs to be locked up forever.

I have a question maybe someone can help me out with. I was born and raised in Detroit, and neither myself or any of my friends kept a journal or diary.
I remember KC kept one and there was speculation she "admitted" to killing Caylee, when she made the entry about (paraphrasing) This is the happiest I've been, I hope I made the right decision. I trust my judgement, yada yada
Is this something y'all do also? or do you think most narcissistic, sociopathic people tend to keep journals?

Ok, I take it back, I had some health problems about 20 years ago and went through a rough time for about two years. A lot of uncertainty, fear, that naturally goes along with that kind of thing. I wrote in a journal some then. Of course I also did meditation, ate vegetarian, and juiced, and I mean even wheat grass. :what: Anyway, a few years ago I was cleaning out my night stand and found my journal. After reading through the journal entries, I tore each and every page into shreds, then threw away the journal. Wooo, what a relief. I haven't written in one since. :wink:

It makes me nervous to watch it. I don't like that he is so rushed, that guests can't even finish a sentence, that he says things like "Ten seconds left" and then leaves the mwith their mouth half open.

Tonight the stupid After Dark segment - they LEAVE the desirable content, which is Jody's parents' interview, and cut that off for half answers from a dozen rushed THs who can only get a word or two out and then Dr. Drew feigns excitement for this?

JODI ARIAS FAKED HER CHILDHOOD ABUSE?

Please tell me, HLN executives, why in the world would I want you to switch from a recorded interview of the actual defendent's parents, never before seen, to watch your fake trial show where people who know less than me give their opinions based on two extremely biased attorneys who each give one side of the stupid hypothetical question?????????????

You had the real thing there in the can, HLN, something of real interesta nd you give us instead "man on the street? Come ON!!!!!!

*standing ovation*

Personally, I can't see wasting money (color me frugal) for an empty book just to write SSDD on every page...but that's me.

*SSDD - Same *advertiser censored* Different Day
:floorlaugh:
I'm reading Richard Burton's diary right now. I thought it would be all full of steamy stuff about him and Liz, but there is a period of about a month where every day says the same thing:
Booze
Booze
Booze
Booze
:ohoh: But in his defense he never wrote those journals thinking anybody but him and Liz (and later Sally) would read them.

Just curious, does Juan's expert witnesses work for the state, as in a salaried employee? Not trying to haul in big bucks for retirement or revive a career or while attempting to relaunch an old book in another paperback printing....like Alyce? I mean Juan's peeps will be pros, right?

I have from time to time. I didn't sit and write thousands of pages but sometimes it was useful. I always thought it depended on if you like to write. My mom always has as well. Sometimes I use one to jot down poetry or something that comes into my mind.

Thank you sooooo much for the avatar change!!! I love your posts but --couldn't stand that face.

That's not true. The ripped out pages were not about Travis but about suicide and her fling with a certain man that upset Travis (she testified to this). All the journal entries quoted at trial came directly from her journal books. None were ripped out pages that just conveniently appeared.

Also, I believe that most of the entries are genuine and not after the fact forgeries. I think some here are going way too far with this forgery talk. If she was going to forge anything, she'd be forging examples of physical violence, just like you said. Especially a forgery relating to her account regarding the pedophilia on Jan 21st. Instead, we have "nothing noteworthy happened".

And like someone else said, Travis need not be a saint for Jodi to be guilty of 1st degree murder. I for one had Travis pegged as womanizer very early on in the trial. Didn't changer my opinion on her guilt.

I respectfully disagree, with your opinion of the 'forged' diaries. Your premise is due to JA not including anything "abusive" or anything about the pedophilia, for an argument against her forging her diaries.

Your logic is based on her self-defense claim; however, she did not come up with this defense until 2010.

Many of us here, that do believe the diaries are less than authentic, believe she added to the diaries before 2010; and quite possibly before her arrest. I believe she added many entries before her arrest and may have changed some things while incarcerated. IMO

I don't understand why Alyce continues to talk about other people. Like the cat story this morning. It's bad enough thinking about what happened to Travis but she has to throw in animal abuse stories too not even related to the case!! Travis took excellent care of his Dog except for when he let JA babysit. She probably let the Dog starve while he was away out of spite and jealousy. She kicked her own Dog that just happened to run away. Yeah right, she killed the poor pup. She is a murderer and needs to be locked up forever.

Yeah that's another indicator of her not being an expert. Telling stories and making generalizations is pointless. Those situations are completely different. Why can't she use some facts and figures. You can only imagine what process she uses when she peer reviews that journal that's dumb enough to have her as a reviewer.

Just curious, does Juan's expert witnesses work for the state, as in a salaried employee? Not trying to haul in big bucks for retirement or revive a career or while attempting to relaunch an old book in another paperback printing....like Alyce? I mean Juan's peeps will be pros, right?

DeMarte does not work for the State.

Personally, I can't see wasting money (color me frugal) for an empty book just to write SSDD on every page...but that's me.

*SSDD - Same *advertiser censored* Different Day

I kept a journal when I was married to an abusive alcoholic. He had me convinced every fight we had was my fault. So I started to keep a journal of everything that happened. I kept it at work because I knew it was a risk. It didn't take long for me to figure out I wasn't the problem. My life was definitely not boring. Even now (15 years later) I don't want people to know what went on. I burned it when I finally got away from him.

I think I read somewhere that sociopaths often do keep journals and that they are usually filled with fluff and delusions. There's usually nothing genuine in there. That's why her writings sound so phony. They are merely a venue for their narcissism (got asked on 4 separate dates tonight...mildly amusing. I said no, of course. I'm too busy and important for that).

At Jodi's age I was far to busy to spend endless hours writing in a journal.:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth