trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow! A person with integrity. Makes me proud.

I hope she does not have nightmares, though I wouldn't blame her if she does. Can't imagine the burden these jurors must carry, between the gruesomeness of the crime and their responsibility in a death penalty case. Add not being able to talk about the case either, meaning you carry it inside of you until deliberations.

I've been a part timer here lately but try to read daily. Taxes, guests and all that stuff.

When did the journals become evidence? I'd assume when they searched her stuff at mom's or her grandparents homes around 7/15/2008? She had 8 days after she returned to CA until she was arrested to fabricate this tale.

Honestly, I think she had a screw lose ever since TA & her broke up. Many of the entries read so like a teen girl & her first boyfriend. It wasn't her first rodeo yet ALV paints her as such an innocent virgin. Talk about twisted sisters. tia

She murdered him on June 4, 2008, returned to California on June 6th and was arrested July 15, 2008.

She asked LE if they had her journals, she also told them she had more then one, the additional journals were in her safe or lock box, whatever she called it.

Agreed, and adding. Jodi was obsessed with: The Book of Mormon, Law of Attraction, The "Secret", 1000 Places To See Before You Die. - *I own that book before this and will never be able to look at it the same. <modsnip> :what:

Some of the stilted phrasing you are referring to is 19th Century English which is used in the Mormon church. The common language is sprinkled with archaic lingo from "modern" scriptures written in the 19th century.

For example, Arias uses the word "whoredoms" to describe sexual acts she thinks another woman has committed with Travis. Another one is her (improper) use of the word edify, attempting to modify it in the form of "de-edify", which is nonsense.

She has heard this jargon spoken at Mormon meetings and wants to appear to be like the MOrmon virgins Travis is dating. She wants to be seen as Christ-like and put this in her journal perhaps hoping that the magic of writing will make it true ala the Law of Attraction.

Sociopaths do not learn from cause and effect because other people are the cause for their effect. So they are angry about the interference, the rudeness of others (to expect consideration).

Other strange words I noticed when I converted were "titillation," "jot and tittle" and "stalwart." And referring to Jesus Christ by saying Even Jesus Christ, Amen. There are many stilted phrases a visitor will hear in Sacrament meetings in talks and testimony bearing which will ring funny on our 21st century ears. Such as "I would be remiss if I did not thank..." and "shake the dust off your shoes" (which I learned meant just forget about people who don't accept the Mormon gospel--that one was a toughie for me).

So it's not Charlotte Bronte, it's Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, and his pal, former preacher Sidney Rigdon you can blame.

I was convinced she was on some kind of barbiturate. She was obviously having cotton mouth (somebody mentioned the peanut butter off her teeth moves she kept making with her tongue). She was just too lethargic in eye and head movements. Her gaze fixated (even more than usual) in a non-focused way at all sorts of points. It seemed clear to me. :cow:

I relish small things... like the fact that while she was buzzing today, all she had to drink was crappy tap water from the courtroom pot.

It is my opinion that Juan Martinez knows this devil and her core, I can hardly wait to see him cross this fraud witness. She will get maybe one more day and then Juan Martinez takes her for two. That is what Beth was talking about.

Since the journals are being referenced by the defense DV expert, is it correct to assume the State has reviewed them? If so, are they journals which were confiscated by LE or turned in to the defense by JA? I cannot see how they could be admissible in any form if she had them in jail.

:waitasec:

MOO

I wish I could answer you!! How do the rules change when a defendant is representing themself? Would she have been able to request LE hand over her journals to the DT which was her?

Was it today? Was it right at the end when LaViolette made the statement about "no evidence of jealousy from Jodi Arias...text messages"?

If so, I'll try to grab it and I'll insert it.

I believe it was but I don't think it was on the wild about trial stream. I don't know which media channel showed it but another poster saw it.

Plus expenses definitely, unless she's being extremely generous. Experts usually get their hourly plus per diem for travel expenses.

Thanks. I feared that. Then her fees so far could be doubled what I had there.

Some $50,000. That's a lot for expert testimony that there is no evidence of jealousy!

NO! Now I have to download and watch this video... My playlist is already so far behind because of this trial... :banghead:

You can see it on youtube for free.
I watched about 5 minutes of it and gave up. :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6pDdHxARkc"]The Secret FULL MOVIE Law Of Attraction[/ame]

I don't think she would do that. Unless she never wants to get paid as an expert witness again. MOO.

No... she will come back, and be completely belligerent and uncooperative. But Juan will get her to submit to the truth eventually!

I predict a lot of, "Judge, she won't answer the question!" type statements from Juan and a lot of smirks from JA during the cross examination.

I googled my fingers off trying to find the line about the chaotic pattern when paper falls line. That was rehearsed and I would swear she lifted it from somewhere but I could never find it. As for her diaries, I agree. It's an affected style and would like to sit down and go through them someday to pick out phrases to google. Even better, I would love see her diaries put through a program like Turnitin.

Oh man! We use Turnitin in my MBA program. Every assignment is uploaded through that program and then submitted after telling us the % of plagiarism. I should ask my Professor if I can submit something of JA's just for curiosity's sake. LOL.

Are the Youtube videos of today posted yet? I really want to watch the end of the last one.

Trying to catch up and about 15 pages behind.

Thanks!

TX TXHoney.

I made some rough calculations based on the 2 rates for her time--jail visits and the higher rate for court testimony.

Not counting additional fees for travel lodging etc, she got $11,000. for the jail visits to JA. And so far approx. $13,000. for the court testimony=$24,000 plus expenses probably.

I did not figure in the time and expense for watching the video of "The Secret" to learn about "The LAW [cough] of Attraction."

You can see it on youtube for free.
I watched about 5 minutes of it and gave up. :lol:

The Secret FULL MOVIE Law Of Attraction

lol too funny. I do like Julianne Moore so hopefully will make it through :):please:

I saw the same things you did. Also, when Wilmott asks to approach, ALV kind of closes her eyes like she is sleepy or not feeling well. She did not do that the whole time she was testifying before then. I agree it is a big, staged production!
I've watched the tape a couple of times and it seems like ALV must have turned to Judge Stephens (off camera) and mentioned needing a 5 min break. As the jury is leaving JS gestures to ALV she can step down and then JW or someone else must have inquired about ALV because JS says "I told her she could (go?)...".

:dunno:

Originally Posted by mck16
I watched this twice and I think ALV was rambling and looked way out there. I think she did go off script and JW realized there was something wrong and that is why she asked to approach. I know if she has diarrhea, etc. that can cause sweats and absolutely anxiety. I did not see the glasses signal. I think she was legitimately sick and could of even had an accident. That would definitely cause court being cancelled. Not only humilating, but would need a change of clothes, etc. JMO
Interesting you say this ~ I noticed her having to be brought back from la la land by Wilmott on her first day on the stand.. She was asked a question, starting answering but her answer didn't relate to the question? Like you said, she looked way out there. Diabetic maybe?

I noticed the tension rising just before the DT asked to approach. LaViolette said "I keep saying 'say.' I need a thesaurus." Now this is NOT what the defense wants entered in the court record that she is unable to get the testimony they want in without using the word "say" BECAUSE IT IS HEARSAY.

And there's Juan smiling pleasantly. And the DT is getting more and more anxious that this is not going the way they planned. The wide latitude they were celebrating only yesterday has turned to bitterness as Juan has let their witness hang herself with contradictions and omissions.

Juan knows - you don't interrupt your opponent when they're in the process of screwing up!

Juror #5 Statement and possible Translation/Interpretation:

"In the past few days I have been a part of discussion and interest in the murder trial case of Jodi Arias. For the past three months I have been fulfilling my duty as one of the jurors in the case of Jodi Arias. Jodi Arias' attorneys have filed a motion asking for a mistrial or that Juror 5 is removed from the jury, which led to my removal.

As a juror that has been removed from the jury, I would like to remind everyone that the murder trial case of Jodi Arias is still going on and that the time and money being invested in this trial are more relevant and important than my removal from the jury.

Until the verdict in murder trial case of Jodi Arias is reached I will not make any statements or give any interviews regarding my removal from the jury. I believe that the attention should be focused on the actual trial. I would ask from everyone to please respect my privacy and the privacy of my family."

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...cked-off-trial-issues-statement#ixzz2PSqetly0

Translation/Interpretation:

Leave me alone, I am busy writing something. It will be published, er I mean released, just after the trial concludes.
Thank you very much. :)

Are the Youtube videos of today posted yet? I really want to watch the end of the last one.

Trying to catch up and about 15 pages behind.

Thanks!

Here they be:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMnk-pdnTTg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMnk-pdnTTg[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bp86EeMqkg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bp86EeMqkg[/ame]

Looks like Jodi's pullin' a Nurmi...​

http://jodiarias.blogspot.com/2008/05/law-of-attraction-here-we-go-again.html About 6 months ago I stopped believing in the Law of Attraction, or at least the accuracy therein.

Jodi and Alyce believe in whatever will get her off the hook.

There was some reality show on E! awhile back, the Mom fed Adderall to her 3 teen daughters each morning...girls were shown blurry nude while dressing, on the hunt for rich guys all the time and all they could talk about was 'The Secret'. One of them was in that ring that broke into stars' houses and stole jewelry and goods, (eventually revealed she took heroin). Yup, 'The Secret'...just like Jodi talks about, take what you want.

Juror #5 Statement and possible Translation/Interpretation:

"In the past few days I have been a part of discussion and interest in the murder trial case of Jodi Arias. For the past three months I have been fulfilling my duty as one of the jurors in the case of Jodi Arias. Jodi Arias' attorneys have filed a motion asking for a mistrial or that Juror 5 is removed from the jury, which led to my removal.

As a juror that has been removed from the jury, I would like to remind everyone that the murder trial case of Jodi Arias is still going on and that the time and money being invested in this trial are more relevant and important than my removal from the jury.

Until the verdict in murder trial case of Jodi Arias is reached I will not make any statements or give any interviews regarding my removal from the jury. I believe that the attention should be focused on the actual trial. I would ask from everyone to please respect my privacy and the privacy of my family."

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...cked-off-trial-issues-statement#ixzz2PSqetly0

Translation/Interpretation:

Leave me alone, I am busy writing something. It will be published, er I mean released, just after the trial concludes.
Thank you very much. :)

Maybe I am easily fooled but I do not see this either between the lines or in the statement itself. So I am going to take her words at face value until I have a reason to think otherwise. Except to say that I admire her stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee