trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #122

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! Sounds like I missed some good stuff this afternoon! Hope the videos get posted soon!

The thing about Juan is that his aggressive demeanor is a constant especially with defense witnesses. Because of this, I am hoping the jurors will chalk his aggressiveness up to his drive for justice for the victim and not see it as him personally attacking anyone. Because he consistently does it, after a while you realize it's just his style and it becomes less uncomfortable (even if it isn't a style you favor) because he uses it across the board for opposing witnesses so you feel less like he is personally attacking individuals.

When he gets aggressive is when the witness is arrogant and combative and yeah that pisses him off. She was acting just like Samuels and JA and would not answer a simple question.

She could have cut a lot of this out.........by just answering the damn simple question he asked.:banghead:

She sounds off too. Like she's high or something (pot-growing buddy?)

I guess she is one of the pot growing buddy cause the friend refuse to talk about it. she never said she knew nothing about it.

ALV seemed to change her demeaner with JM ..snarky and combative...reminded me of JA when JM first got a hold of her. She acts like she can out wit him..yea...i dont think so.
She lost site of what she is hired to do (present the DA's side) and almost instantly took it all personally.

moo

Did anyone who is watching/watched NG today catch what year JA was bridesmaid in Patty's wedding? When they were showing still photos of JA holding the camera at the wedding, one of the photos they showed, where she is touching the lens of the camera, shows her left ring finger knuckle sticking out like she did in court.

If the wedding was PRIOR to the alleged finger breaking incident, then the photo proves she is double jointed and did not get a broken finger from Travis, IMHO!

This was so good. Mainly because he is taking her to task for her foundation of the abuse claim. She really has nothing but that paper and Jodi telling her.

I really really believe that Jodi was planning this a long time and wrote in her Journals to reflect things that would make it easier for her to get away with it. I don't believe for one minute that TA abused her. Not once.
I don't because her prize, ultimately, was having Travis all to herself. I don't think she really 'knew' he wouldn't, couldn't, be until May. She was amping up her controlling behaviors all that month, up until his murder.

I think if she were premeditating this for many months there would be more manipulation evident in her journal entries. Something like: 'Travis is gaming so many women - I'm worried he'll take it too far' or 'No matter what I do, I can't seem to ever get it right for him'.

That said, psychopaths are extremely skilled at 'engineering' evidence against their target. They'll take a tiny seed of reality and warp, twist, and manipulate it into something really sinister and nefarious, usually to demonize their targets and cast themselves in a better light. So something like an email from Sky meant to be about Travis' flirty nature gets painted into being all about how he was horrifically abusive and demeaning to all women simply because Sky wasn't overly specific, or it can be misconstrued, so the opportunity is there. Psychopaths are nothing if not opportunistic. (Abusive personalities mirror this behavior too, to some degree.)

And honestly, I blame Jodi for it...her defense team and 'experts' have run with it...but the whole engineering, manipulation, and deception just to make themselves look anything but negative, in any way, really is a typical psychopathic trait imo.

Anyone who was oblivious to the crazy is not a good judge of character in my opinion....

Did anyone who is watching/watched NG today catch what year JA was bridesmaid in Patty's wedding? When they were showing still photos of JA holding the camera at the wedding, one of the photos they showed, where she is touching the lens of the camera, shows her left ring finger knuckle sticking out like she did in court.

If the wedding was PRIOR to the alleged finger breaking incident, then the photo proves she is double jointed and did not get a broken finger from Travis, IMHO!

:seeya: Vewwy vewwy artsy, my dear!

The only discussion allowed regarding books written by ALV should be about content only and how it pertains to this case.

Anyone even suggesting an organized effort to leave bad reviews or ruin this woman's business will suffer a loss of posting privileges, if not their Websleuths membership.

We're better than this folks, so do not go there. If you've made posts even responding to this sort of an effort, please go back and delete your posts.

:tos:

Thank You! it is disgusting what I am reading on other crime boards one in particular, and the filthy language! it is no wonder websleuths has 3 times the posters following the trial here. Thanks again.:seeya:

Did anyone notice that the JW turned DS over to JM at the end of the day...the last 30 minutes. I wonder if that was to get an idea of the direction that JM was going to take..so they could prepare over the weekend?

I dont think they know how to prepare now..JM didnt really show his cards.
Totally agree!!!! Wilmot and Nurmi are out of their league. Wilmot thought she was so smart when she asked those questions at the end of direct about gifts to JA, memory problems and I forget the last one. I am sure she thought she was defanging Martinez. All she can do is react to what Martinez does. She can't seem to develop a strategy for witnesses--that is all Martinez does. He is always five steps ahead of them.

Whatever they do this weekend will not help the cross on Monday.

I don't think he had to say that. I think the jury knows why he is mad. They too have had to endure this biased testimony for days on end.

IMO

My thoughts exactly. The jury, the siblings, the friends and Juan had to sit there for 6 mind numbing days and hear over and over how bad Travis was. Frankly I'm surprised no one went loco before JM got started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans