trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #128

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought is found not guilty, she walks? Is that correct? There is no LWOP.

It's pretty much death or free?

LWOP can happen if the jury decides to spare her life. Penalty phase, rather than straight guilt or innocence phase.

I thought is found not guilty, she walks? Is that correct? There is no LWOP.

It's pretty much death or free?

No, LWOP is an option. When the verdict comes back GUILTY they have the whole penalty phase. So if the jury is swayed by whoever speaks on Jodi's behalf they can come back with LWOP instead of DEATH.

I wonder if Nurmi received the proof from Tesoro and Walmart that JM was telling the truth about the 3rd gas can and that their client lied to them - and they don't know what to do other than ask for a mistrial.

I'm pretty sure filing motions for a mistrial has been their only REAL game plan from the getgo. Seriously.:jail:

Grrrrr, Dr Drew interrupted this Kelly who started to say that Jodi did something weird a couple of days after the murder. :headbang:

I just posted the same thing. So aggravating. I wanted to hear what she had to say.

I know the motions for mistrial are irritating (as hell) but from what I understand from our lawyers on here is that they have to file such motions in order for them to become grounds for appeal should she get the DP. So try to take heart in the thought that they probably aren't expecting them to be granted but are just trying to preserve her options to appeal a death sentence.

Yeah, that's why they have to get personal. I don't believe it. It's more like a fit of pique, IMO.

She has to wear big girl pants to take this on. The fact is that Juan is who he is, and the DT is taking it personally. This is not personal. This is finding Justice for Travis.

Instead of getting upset (if she really is) about what people post online, Alyce could act like an adult and use it as a chance for growth. Some people have been mean, but many are simply stating facts, and people in the mental health field seem concerned with what she's doing. What happens when a person refuses to examine themselves and ask questions?

I have to agree with Laviolette that Travis wasn't afraid of Jodi. Had he been afraid of her, he wouldn't have had sex with her on that fateful day. What man can rise to the occasion with a woman whom he deems has the undoubtful potential to harm him?

but there has been no proof as of yet they had sex that day...nude photos yes but only ja word they had sex that day

This woman from Yreka , on DD, .was trying to tell a story about what happened 2 days after Jodi returned from the murder---and the TH's keep interrupting her.

I had to turn it off, sick of the TH's and attention seekers trying to get 15 mins of fame.

Eiglarsh is annoying me lately. He keeps advising Juan how to go about trying this case.

For example tonight, he said Juan should just ask a few key questions and get out. REALLY?

Because I am pretty sure that if he had just gone to that stubborn, resistant, experienced expert, and just asked her a few questions, she would have had some well scripted answers ready for him. If he had ended it then, she would have been seen as the victor, imo.

These TH's are ignoring the process that he is going through--which is to confront her intensely and slowly break her down. And it is working well. He shook her up a few times and made her voice her own confusion and uncertainty. JMO

Not only that... but, we would never have heard about this manifesto and her super duper IQ!

I think that Katie koollady. is about to be on Dr Drew? in about 30 seconds! they are referring to someone that they have that saw Sam being approached!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I believe Juan said he would call Dave if the DT played the video in court. Not sure if they're still going to play it. They may believe it to be a moot point if he's going to come right behind them and clean it up, but I haven't seen him back on HLN since the judge told him to stay away from the media and not to watch the trial so who knows?

As far as the evidence about the shelves.... I wouldn't surprised in the least if the judge doesn't allow it in. I think she should, but I'm not confident about it. Personally, I don't think it's necessary.
BBM

Neither do I. There are serious doubts, in my opinion, that the jury even believes part of JA's testimony. The State already has two witnesses lined up, I believe, who will expose her lies regarding the gas cans and gas purchases.

MOO

Those witnesses are apparently scheduled for rebuttal and on his witness list. One from Tesoro and one from Walmart. :dance: :dance:

I know the court records show that the defense filed to get the records for Tesoro and Walmart. I'm guessing since they didn't already have the info, that JM bringing the 3rd can issue up in relation to them caught DT off guard. :great:

Who types up these motions?? Terrible grammar!

"Note should also be made of the fact that the conduct described above has
ramifications that effect (sic) the ability of Ms. Arias to present her defense as the public
response to this unprofessional conduct has involved berating witnesses via e-mail,
telephone and in various internet forums. Said action has not only caused personal
distress to these witnesses but has made it difficult for them to provide effective
testimony for Ms. Arias."

Are we, Web Sleuths, the Internet forum he is assigning blame to for the berating of witnesses? If so, not so.:gasp:

I just posted the same thing. So aggravating. I wanted to hear what she had to say.

I understand the guy has to put in 2 minutes of chatter to make up for the 5 minutes of advertising, but seriously STFU sometimes Dr Drew, and LISTEN.

Apparently Jodi was not afraid of Travis either. She drove 1000's of miles to see him.

I have to agree with Laviolette that Travis wasn't afraid of Jodi. Had he been afraid of her, he wouldn't have had sex with her on that fateful day. What man can rise to the occasion with a woman whom he deems has the undoubtful potential to harm him?

MOTION FOR MISTRIAL;
INABILITY TO PROVIDE EFFECTIVE ASSISTANCE OF COUNSEL
DUE TO PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/ariasmotion2.pdf

Read it.
Not an atty.
His precedents seem weak, All out of state, with one federal that is of general nature about "criticial stage" of trial.

In other words, when the very weak expert witness loses all cred due to her own faiings, it becomes critical.

Ludicrous.

but there has been no proof as of yet they had sex that day...nude photos yes but only ja word they had sex that day

So, do you think the KY was there just to enhance the photos?

It's ironic. These two bullies in the defence team have a witch hunt on for Juan Martinez.

Moreover, they dare to complain that it's become a circus because of his behaviour. Meanwhile, LaViolette's cronies disrupt the court, mug, and blatantly cheerlead for her during her testimony. And yet, the judge allows this.
I agree with you elementary
Pleaseeeee Baez created more of a circus atmosphere and filed more motions than anyone.
Does not wilmott think her behaviour in court leading the witness and putting words in her mouth is professional. Nurmi slouching in court and neither respecting the courtroom. Where's the giggles now with wilmott.

It's ironic. These two bullies in the defence team have a witch hunt on for Juan Martinez.

Moreover, they dare to complain that it's become a circus because of his behaviour. Meanwhile, LaViolette's cronies disrupt the court, mug, and blatantly cheerlead for her during her testimony. And yet, the judge allows this.

Before I would declare a mistrial I would close the Court Room to all spectators except for family and let the trial continue. Remove JA's audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966