trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sincere hope is that, after an overnight "time out" in which to process the events of the day, the ExpertWitness has awakened with the scales falling from her eyes and a realization that she has been duped by the defendant and the defense team.

Surely she must admit to herself that she did not make her assessment based on The Big Picture, that she did not verify anything the defendant told her, that she read only materials supplied to her by the defense, taken out of context. Her assessment was flawed because of the sin of omission.

I suspect that JA presented herself to ALV as a bright, engaging young woman who was so appreciative of the interest that ALV was taking in her.

I suspect that ALV was charmed by the psychopath, duped by the defense team, and blinded by her domestic violence lenses.

I hope she feels thoroughly ashamed of herself.

she doesn't

I disagree. There are lots of studies using different methodologies and they all show that women are disproportionately likely to be abuse victims compared to men. Obviously Jodi was abusive and obviously women do abuse and murder men but ALV is right. If you look at prison statistics, only 6.8 percent of federal and state prisoners are women. Women just don't commit ANY crime in the same numbers as men do.

That just shows how good JA is at manipulating people. Lets me see just how good she could be when she wanted to. Didn't seem that long ago that it looked like JA wanted nothing to do with JW. Now that JW is her only hope she is trying to be JW's best friend. JA is mimicking JW in some ways while JW is mimicking JA in others.

It is scary easy to get sucked in by a sociopath with narcissistic tendencies. They also hone in on people with certain personality traits that make them more susceptible to the sociopath's tactics. JW may be one of those people, Nurmi may not be. JW seems to have been sucked in. Eventually she will figure it out when the sociopath no longer has need for her and turns on her. Then JW will be left to try to figure out what happened to her during this relationship with JA. IMO it wil deeply affect her and she will spend a lot of time and energy trying to sort it out and figure out how not to be a victim to the next sociopath that comes along. Sociopaths leave a long line of victims behind them and never look back.

I'm starting to think the glasses thing is on purpose. Even when it was with Wilmott it gave her a chance to get off the stand for a moment and take a breath....I think she is continuing to do it on purpose.

I am sure there are levels just as in anything. Some verbal abuse is accentuated with violence. My ex liked to accentuate his commentary on what a piece of crap I was with throwing special things at the wall and breaking them.

But there were plenty of times there was no violence. Possible we need a continuim...:what:

Kelly

I should point out I am not implying that emotional abuse is some how less than actual violence.

Would it be within the legal scope of 'prosecuting' to bring up (under the auspices of a hypothetical/assumption) that both Travis and his then-girlfriend experienced slashed tires 6 months prior to the murder and 'hypothetically speaking'.....all focus immediately went to Jodi......much like all focus immediately went to Jodi after Travis was found? Or is that crossing the speculation-line too much?

Although ALV is highly prejudicial and feels agreeing with the opposition in any fashion is a disloyalty to the people who signed her paycheck....I really don't think ALV knows half the 'speculation' that encompasses the background of her client.

It also has something to do with the fact that Judgement Day is approaching. She knows the jury didn't buy her BS. They don't believe her expert witnesses. She is getting restless. It's her pathetic way of coping. She is the :devil:

I have a feeling Arias isn't bothered at all about her 'judgment' day, or the likelihood of her receiving a death penalty verdict. I'm sure she is looking forward to years of appeals, and relying on death being overturned down the road.

Flores warned her Juan Martinez was the best, and I think she revels in these day to day 'scores' against him. They are what she is focused on at the moment.

I bet she has already reconciled herself to life behind bars. She is probably having a ball in jail, manipulating the two-bit inmates, and creating drama.

Once she gets to the big house, and runs up against the big time players, I can well see her ending up like Jeffrey Dahmer.

I just rewatched the "time out" part.

I now know why I was so confused when it happened...because I was listening live, and had no trouble hearing ALV say it.

What I couldn't figure out at the time - and again, now I know why - was what prompted it.

It almost sounds like it was a rehearsed comment on her part, and she just threw it out when she felt like it. Juan wasn't really doing anything to prompt it, IMO!

He has been much more combative and antagonistic with her...not to say that's bad, because IMO Juan responds to the witness. When she is combative and antagonistic, so is he. But he wasn't digging or anything at that time.

It's just WEIRD! Like has been mentioned, if I was in a group setting and the "leader" of the group told me I needed a time out, I would probably laugh in her face!!!!!

WHO ARE YOU to tell me, as an adult, that I need to do ANYTHING????

I was telling my Dad last night that I don't understand people who have no respect for this process, and the players involved. I for one am scared of police officers and others who have direct authority of me. Well maybe "scared" is too strong of a word. But I defintely watch what I am doing and what I say, more so than if they weren't there.

I think that's normal...but I see way too often people who aren't. Talking back, disrespecting in other ways. It just makes me wonder where that respect for authority was lost.

Agree 100% ... I was watching it on DVR delay and had to rewind to see WTH that came from.

I think she is older and can't get her wits together and Juan is not even giving her a chance to breathe! moo

I'm starting to think the glasses thing is on purpose. Even when it was with Wilmott it gave her a chance to get off the stand for a moment and take a breath....I think she is continuing to do it on purpose.

I have been watching the review of the trial from yesterday. At first I was beginning to wonder why JM would continue to get LV to agree to a certain point, then just let it go because she would not answer yes or no.

That was driving me crazy--like why go after a yes or no answer then say "if you can not give me a yes/no answer we will move on"

Now I have realized any minutia he gets on the record in his cross of LV is open to questions from the jury. So he may have a combative witness refusing to cooperate, but when the Judge asks her the questions from the jury--she will have to be direct.

So brilliant again , Juan is just setting her up for him to get those answers from the jury questioning. yes?

Good morning!!

Had another dream about Travis last night. I woke up this morning with a sad feeling in my heart. No matter the outcome of this trial, he is still not here.

I'm ready for this to end. It's really taking a toll on so many people.

I should point out I am not implying that emotional abuse is some how less than actual violence.

No, I didn't think you were! Just adding that on to your point!

I think sometimes 'emotional abuse' gets batted around too freely. Especially nowadays. I don't discount it, its out there, it happens. But some people are more sensitive so less is more to them.

I don't even know if that makes sense. But honestly, I feel that way about JA. She is one of those people that just anything negative is abuse and that is so wrong to people who really suffer.

K

:please: let it be #2!!!

Unfortunately, I predict #5, followed by #1 in post-conviction interviews, with additional insults for the prosecutor, her defense team, the judge, her family, society, etc.

I agree with you.
JA will weep.
Post conviction she'll do a big media tour and we'll see manipulative Inside Edition Jodi back.

No manifesto out yet. I'm sure it will be out as soon as Jodi is sentenced or soon thereafter. I'm quite sure it is written. She had 5 years and all the time in the courtroom.

Could he have a copy of her manifesto?

My sincere hope is that, after an overnight "time out" in which to process the events of the day, the ExpertWitness has awakened with the scales falling from her eyes and a realization that she has been duped by the defendant and the defense team.

Surely she must admit to herself that she did not make her assessment based on The Big Picture, that she did not verify anything the defendant told her, that she read only materials supplied to her by the defense, taken out of context. Her assessment was flawed because of the sin of omission.

I suspect that JA presented herself to ALV as a bright, engaging young woman who was so appreciative of the interest that ALV was taking in her.

I suspect that ALV was charmed by the psychopath, duped by the defense team, and blinded by her domestic violence lenses.

I hope she feels thoroughly ashamed of herself.

That certainly seems to be what Martinez is trying to get across to her and to the jury. My questions are:

Does she now recognize this?

If she does, will she cling to her original position anyway? This might serve her and the defense team well in the short term, but it will ruin her career.

Lol, In Session just aired the, "I am not an expert in orgasms clip." Aren't we all experts in orgasms?

I just rewatched the "time out" part.

I now know why I was so confused when it happened...because I was listening live, and had no trouble hearing ALV say it.

What I couldn't figure out at the time - and again, now I know why - was what prompted it.

It almost sounds like it was a rehearsed comment on her part, and she just threw it out when she felt like it. Juan wasn't really doing anything to prompt it, IMO!

He has been much more combative and antagonistic with her...not to say that's bad, because IMO Juan responds to the witness. When she is combative and antagonistic, so is he. But he wasn't digging or anything at that time.

It's just WEIRD! Like has been mentioned, if I was in a group setting and the "leader" of the group told me I needed a time out, I would probably laugh in her face!!!!!

WHO ARE YOU to tell me, as an adult, that I need to do ANYTHING????

I was telling my Dad last night that I don't understand people who have no respect for this process, and the players involved. I for one am scared of police officers and others who have direct authority of me. Well maybe "scared" is too strong of a word. But I defintely watch what I am doing and what I say, more so than if they weren't there.

I think that's normal...but I see way too often people who aren't. Talking back, disrespecting in other ways. It just makes me wonder where that respect for authority was lost.

Don't feel bad. I was married to one and they still scare me. lol

BBM - she called it a "homicide". That's a generic term in the dictionary, but the average person on the street probably thinks it means murder.

Yesterday she said "the murder" and corrected herself and said "the killing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member