trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #135

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
she just admitted to yet another mistake..she mistakes and misspeaks a lot for an expert.

Anyone have an explanation as to why Travis would continue contact with Jodi after the stalking incidents? I have a few:

1. He second-guessed his fear of her
2. He felt remorse over how he "yelled" at her via text, and wanted to smooth things over
3. He forgave her for what she had done and thought they had come to an understanding
4. He pitied her
5. He felt responsible for her; after all, she had moved out to Mesa to be with him
6. He was addicted to and craved the sexual aspect of the relationship, as he wasn't pursuing sexual contact with any other women

tumblr_m3t0vljrv61r2il6eo1_400.gif

ALV w/JW . . . . TA . . sexual degredation . . . tirade made 5/26 but 16 days earlier he participated in phone sex w/JA . . . plan of coming to see ja in Yreka and their plan for sexual fantasies when he got there.
exhibit #391 - photoshoot fantasy 10 pg text message - how dirty they will get - he is really graphic @ end of text message . . . all this info about his behavior what he said, did, and wanted to do does not make him victim of sexual degredation.

interview w/prosecutor was in JW's office - ALV does not live in AZ - she didn't bring all the boxes of evidence with her @ the time . .

conversation about whether ja shot TA in the closet
objection
approach please

This is notable because I truly believe the "tirade" resulted from Jodi's blackmailing him the sex tape - look at the timing!

matt wasn't there, alyce. and he's a liar. didn't you hear?

NO
she didn't... she is back in chambers per the tweets.

Curious question about this. Is it just me, or has anyone who follows more cases than I do know, do or have any other witnesses been in the Judges chambers as much as this one has been?

The judge has other cases to preside over prior to the start of this one. How do you suggest she do that and take care of these issues at the same time?

Correct. She is ASSIGNED those cases by the Chief Judge. This case is just one of many she is presiding over.

Yesterday talk about where JA shot TA . . anywhere in your notes indicate JA shot him in the closet? no . . . not JA's words

nuances make a determining factor for you whether someone is D.V?
I looked @ emails, IM's . . . info available as to what occurred issues of DV and context of DV . . .not just the day of the murder.

based on 6/4 statements did you make mistake about telling JM shooting happened in a closet . . yes

JA went to see Bianca - girl MM started seeing . . . whether JA was still dating MM when went to see Bianca . . . .what did MM have to say re: when JA went to see Bianca.

MM and JA were still dating when she went to talk to Bianca - not broken up yet . . . MM admitted he was cheating on JA with Bianca...
conversation with JA and Bianca - JA was direct about it - by MM and JA's account it was not hostile and angry confrontation - just a talk for a period of time . . JA did not harass this woman, didn't continue to make calls to this woman - none of that happened that I reviewed

don't worry peeps,the jury will not let this slide!!!

Oh come on! Misspoke AGAIN? Where else would she have gotten the idea that JA shot TA in the closet, pray-tell?

I would love to know what Bianca has to say about this...does anyone know if she was ever interviewed? TIA

Wow. I have issues with how the author has characterized the trial and Ms. Laviolettes testimony. I get the small sense he may think that the slaughter of a naked, unarmed man may be justified if "secret lover" Travis is shown to be a jerk.

Also, Laviolette did not hold her own. Her defensiveness and refusal to answer a straight question for fear her answer would refute her expert opinion, destroyed all of her credibility, IMO.

But seriously? What kind of people are contacting her office to make threats or ugly comments? What kind of people organize smear campaigns of her publications? That's chicken you know what.

I think she saw what she wanted to see in this case and/or was snowed by jodi, and she is now steadfastly defending a position she is beginning to see is nonsensical. I don't like that. I don't find it to speak to her integrity. But it serves no purpose to attack her in that way. Such attacks are what bullies do and that's not a rational response to what this expert is doing, IMO.

I'm sorry for the Long Beach community that respects ALV, but yet another critical mistake was made that benefits the killer in this very important DP trial DV assessment by ALV. This is sloppy work, or worse.
ETA: Now another. The knife on the bedside table. She's changing her testimony on that, too.

My wishlist:

• Jodi is forced to have her hand x-rayed and examined by a hand surgeon

I agree wholeheartedly on item above. I wish it could settled once and for all that what ever happened to JA left 4th ring finger one thing that did NOT happen is she fractured the finger. She has never fractured those phalanges.
What JA demonstrates is a flexor tendon injury. This is NOT the kind of injury sustained by blunt trauma to the finger but rather it occurs from a slicing cutting action - such as from a knife.

The flexure deformity she reveals could be replicated by a poorly treated impact fracture of the PIP joint. In that instance the overlying skin would be altered and smooth and deformity present at all phases of finger flexion and extension.

Were she to have sustained that sort of fracture injury to a JOINT it would be profoundly painful and she would have been forced to go to a doctor. Treatment for that injury is insertion of a Kirschner wire through the joint in order to stabilize it for a period of 4- 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove