trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #136

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEVER have I seen Victim's family members called back to chambers in a trial. This has happened many times recently. Would love know why! I hope they are not giving TA's family a hard time. At least we know JM is there and has their backs.

Another poster was kind enough last week to explain why this is. They posted the state law that provides for the victim to be present in chambers to be witness to any changes discussed or matters discussed with the DT and judge present. In the event the victim cannot be present they may have an immediate family matter take their place.

So in other words, the DT cannot meet alone with the judge, there must always be an advocate from the victim's family present. They are not required to attend but they have the right to and apparently they have chosen to attend each time.

Boy I hope I didn't screw that summary up

Here's what's going through my mind. Juan got the questions all taken care of during his lunch break.
Nurmi and Willmott refused to give up even 5 min of their lunch hr, so they're going over it now.

Just a thought that popped into my mind.....

Remember with Jodi's jury questions. There was only one copy, the judge had to literally set up a schedule for each side to go through them, and then they argued for which ones they wanted thrown out. I don't think they have more than 1 copy of the questions IMO

This... seems to be taking too long though. I can't imagine there are more questions for AVL then there was for JA *shrug*

this was me 15 minutes ago after an emergency K9 placement meeting (everything is okay-crisis averted :-).
duckling-excited-on-seeing-camera.gif

And we are off!

I just want to say that I didn't mean to disrupt the thread with a photo of the puppy... it was before the end of the lunch break, and I just wanted to share my joy with my WS friends. Didn't mean to clutter the thread.

(And I enjoyed seeing photos of your pets, friends... it drops my blood pressure by 20 points to see little canine or feline babies.)

Oh loved seeing your little one, by the way!

Gosh, I hate to even bring this up, but after reading here that TA's sisters and brother are back there, with JM, there, as well...

Did anyone notice ONE (only one!) quick glance at him today, when he looked like he was (maybe) glaring over towards JA? It was while others had been talking about JA looking in the gallery...and I just wondered at that moment if there were nasty looks going back and forth.

Would JA have complained? I hope not. Not for all she's been doing, and with such grace that the Alexander family has maintained throughout these MONTHS.

:furious::furious::furious:

We are a shelter family, too, in that we have adopted and fostered dogs from shelters and rescue groups.

We have a pom with a severe underbite which we rescued from New Orleans... best dog ever.

I am going to pick up a neglected and abused weim tomorrow and will foster until we can find the right home.

thanks the the ever late judge sherry, i was able to go get my 2 rescue mutt girls at daycare. we're back and still didn't miss a thing because we are LATE again!!!!!

Yes, do adopt from a shelter..best dogs! Two of my 3 girls were shelter dumps! They are great dogs! My PSA for today also!

Good for you! That hunk of gorgeousness in my avi is one of my rescues, I have six.

I have heard that all phone calls are taped - not sure if it is really true or if they even listen to the tapes.

Tis true they tape all inmate phone calls!!! I love the look on Jodi face looks worried and nun too happy!!! Oh she was hiding things yesterday with the coat in front of her arms on backwards. She is one slithery criminal.

Only 2 hours and 20 minutes left in the court day and we've only had 50 minutes of testimony. Those poor jurors.

This is effing ridiculous! What a waste of time.

I honestly feel I'm getting a life-threatening disease from watching this trial. I am so sorry for the tax payers, the family of Travis (all of the victims of JA and team.

Of course, we would not see this in my country because there isn't the same kind of exploitation or coverage ... good thing or I would even more of a nut case right now.

Oh I dunno ... this ... coverage and media exploitation can be considered good in some ways. But I am not seeing that right now. I can hardly forgive myself for giving up the last three months of my life while making excuses to friends, family and my husband. I am making myself sick right now. AND I am sickened by HLN and their coverage ... especially "After Dark". So there we have even further exploitation of TA's family.

I think I will just reward myself with a TO ... just sayin'

Sorry for the rant. I know I'm probably risking a TO (or worse) but I just cannot take it. I need a support group (in more ways than one) :banghead:

I've been re-reading "Small Sacrifices" and some of the similarities are mindblowing.

"The little diary in the spiral notebook had grown thick. it was all Lew. Or how men reacted to Diane'sattractivess or how Diane felt."

Two other good reads by Ann Rule are Dead by Sunset and Every Breath You Take. Both are about violent abusive men. Both thought they were above everyone else and don't question them. They are sorry bastards and need killing.

Do any of y'all remember the woman found dead shot in the head and stabbed to death and left dying with her two year old quads all alone?

A quicker way is to use the multi-quote facility. Just click on the 'close quotes' symbol to the right of the 'quote' button on each post you want to quote. The button will turn orange to confirm it has been activated. On the final post you want to respond to hit the 'quote' button and all your quotes will be in the reply box ready for you to insert your replies. HTH

Oh, you're AWESOME!

Thanks so much! :seeya:

Joey Jackson thinks the jury questions can be a problem, because she more or less took Jodie's word.

I haven't gotten to see anything today, have they said how many jury Qs there will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankfurtfun