trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup! The new thread is open! Move on over please! doors will close here in 15 minutes

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205692"]trial day 48: the defense continues its case in chief #145 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:thewave:​

Oh yeah, I'm practically salivating at the chance to hear a real Doctor give a psychological profile on Jodi! We haven't heard one yet in this trial. I surely hope she is up 1st thing today! :yesss:

Yes. Interesting the defense has done no testing other than Doc S and his PTSD test that was "rescored" so many times.

When you get your Masters you need a certain number of hours period. To get it in a certain sub specialty under that heading you need a certain amount of those hours to be in that subject. I hope that makes sense.

I had to take an additional class to get my masters in two, lets call them specialtys (like ALV would be DV), under the heading of the Masters degree I received because I did not have enough in one of them, let just say computer education.

So you can have your Masters with the right amount of hours but not be certified in an area or subspecialty if you did not take the appropriate hours in that area.

I hope that makes sense.

She's claiming a Master of Science degree from Cal State Long Beach--in "Community-Clinical Psychology"

Having just a Master's in psychology is not considered ideal--it's a PhD subject. It's like having a B.S. in English-generally you need more education to find a job in your field. JMOO

ETA: They don't offer that degree at Cal State Long Beach anymore--only 'Human Factors' and 'Industrial/Organizational' Psych

I don't think he was referring to yesterday's hearing but to a hearing prior to ALV testifying.
Disagree with it being about a hearing prior to ALV testifying. Though Nurmi's prosecutorial misconduct motion cited JM's treatment of witnesses (including Samuels and ALV) pre-trial and in-trial, the sealed proceedings that JM referred to with regard to ALV being "upset" took place in front of Judge Stephens. In most cases, the judge would not have been present during the prosecutor's interview of a defense witness pre-testimony. Nurmi played the pre-trial interview with Samuels for illustrative purposes. JM and ALV discussed her pre-trial testimony during his initial redirect and following juror questions. I'm convinced the sealed proceedings he referred to yesterday took place recently--specifically late last week after he impeached her multiple times about her responses to juror questions.

That post of mine was in reply to another post that was in reply to another. The first thought "toss" would include her testimony. The second one and the one I replied to, thought her testimony would stand.

I'm just speculating, perhaps we all are. I just felt that should she be impeached, as I said in my post, it would require, at the least, the judge telling the jurors to eliminate from consideration any "Opinions" by ALV that she may nor be qualified to make. I just hope we get a full and detailed explanation of all that took place in private with the judge and both sides, not only the end result

Oh, ok, I see where you are going. But, even if ALV is impeached by her credentials, bias, inconsistencies, etc., it still wouldn't get her testimony thrown out. Her credibility would certainly be damaged, and the jury would be able consider that when weighing her testimony. I can imagine only a very few scenarios that could lead the judge to instruct the jury to testimony to disregard her entire testimony. And should that happen, there would be very strong grounds for a mistrial. IMO.

How soon can we expect to hear from Dr. DeMert?

I think it's important to her state of mind to note that Jodi hated her life. She hated Yreka ... Hated her heritage (her friend said that was the reason she went blonde... to look less Hispanic) and was too damned lazy to do what was necessary to better herself. She saw Travis as a bridge... or a shortcut to the life she felt she was meant to live. I've said it before and I'll say it again ... Planning to go to Cancun with Mimi was the biggest step AWAY from Jodi Travis had taken since the break up.

She was delusional IMO.

Which brings me to the thing I'm obsessed with today...

Jodi's Dad in his interview with Flores:

JAD: One day she called me crying hysterically when she decided to moved to Mesa Arizona and she snuck up in his house and she looked in the window and she saw Travis on the couch with another woman and here they are, she was planning on marrying this guy so she just left but then she just stayed there for I don't know how many months

By all accounts according to her parents ... she was secretive and shared little to nothing about her personal life.

I'm so glad you brought this up, we learned so many important tid-bits in the last few weeks when all of this was released.

1. We learned Jodi had IN FACT been in trouble as a teenager- and WITH THE LAW. However harmless and benign many of us want to believe (I was quite the pot smoker at one time), it seemed to start a pattern of secrecy for her and making poor decisions.

2. We learned that Jodi accuses her own mother (parents) of the SAME behavior she exhibits- snooping and spying. The mother stated that JA would not let her/them visit Monterey for fear she would look through everything (something to that effect).

Just what did JA have to hide from her parents when living in Monterey? This I would really like to know.

3. We definitely now know from BOTH parents that there were psychological issues known to them, in regards to their daughter, for quite some time.

Wether or not they were chemical, biological, or personality disordered... something was 'off', and they damn well knew it.

Serious Issue to Resolve:

OK--this issue has bothered me since January--WHY DOES JODI HAVE THOSE BANGS? WHY? :floorlaugh:

Why doesn't she go all-in or all-out? Why the wispies? What look is she going for?

Is she aware how ugly she looks????

Broken Barbies friend Madge look. I bet her finger even makes the same noise as when you bend Barbies legs.

I'm sorry, there are so many pages of posts and they go so fast, I can't read all of them.

Has this been discussed as possible reasons for Juan saying that statement about ALV being embarrassed about something that was found out?

She doesn't seem to have been licensed for some time.

BOARD OF PSYCHOLOGY

Licensee Name: LAVIOLETTE ALYCE
License Type: PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSISTANT
License Number: PSB16213
License Status: CANCELLED Definition
Expiration Date: January 31, 1992
Issue Date: July 06, 1989
Address: removed by Cheese
City: LONG BEACH
State: CA
Zip: 90808
County: LOS ANGELES
Actions: No
Supervisor Information

This registrant may only practice psychology under the direct supervision of a licensed psychologist or board-certified psychiatrist. The supervisor(s) is/are identified as:
Number Name Type Status
PSY6141 STOCKTON CHARLES THOMAS PSYCHOLOGIST Revoked

Licensee Name: LAVIOLETTE ALYCE D
License Type: PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSISTANT
License Number: PSB10905
License Status: CANCELLED Definition
Expiration Date: January 31, 1989
Issue Date: July 01, 1985
Address: removed by Cheese
City: LONG BEACH
State: CA
Zip: 90805
County: LOS ANGELES
Actions: No
Supervisor Information

This registrant may only practice psychology under the direct supervision of a licensed psychologist or board-certified psychiatrist. The supervisor(s) is/are identified as:
Number Name Type Status
PSY6141 STOCKTON CHARLES THOMAS PSYCHOLOGIST Revoked

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/wllqryna$lcev2.startup?p_qte_code=PSX&p_qte_pgm_code=7300

When the Jodi Arias trial is over, I need to do some serious spring cleaning. I also need to get off my :butthead: and start walking and riding my bike as I've not had much exercise since last fall. I usually plant annuals over Memorial Day if not a week or so before.

The only trial on my docket is a local trial (Oakland County, MI) that hasn't garnered much discussion here, but there is a thread on the case of Patrick Mikes: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180331&highlight=patrick+mikes The Oakland County Courthouse is about 20 minutes away, so I might consider attending the trial at least once. I think the next big media sensation will be the George Zimmerman trial, but that doesn't interest me as much as the local case.

Hello from West Michigan! Nice to see another Michigander on here :seeya:

Did she ever claim to have a PhD? They weren't calling her Doctor?

Hmm....need to go check that out.

No, ALV agreed with JM that she has not earned a doctoral degree. She states this at 33:29 of the below-referenced testiphony.

It was just after the beginning of JM'S cross: http://youtu.be/MK7IeqBIKFo?t=32m40s

If you watch for awhile, you'll see how arrogant ALV is out of the chute.

Compare that to her demeanor on her final day of cross during and after juror questions here: http://youtu.be/-jGdoHiVH7E?t=39m45s and here: http://youtu.be/SZBMGUvyEIQ?t=27m30s

Arrogance deflated...

You totally beat me to that post!! I agree--who puts education on the last page? Weird.

1980 MASTER OF SCIENCE, Community-Clinical Psychology, California State University Long Beach, CA
1969 BACHELOR OF ARTS, Psychology, California State University Long Beach, CA

I could be wrong, but awhile back I took note that her masters wasn't in Clinical Psychology but in Community Psychology. I looked it up, as I'd never heard of Community Psychology. I wonder if ALV altered her cv to now show Community-Clinical Psychology in response to the early flak she unexpectedly received?

Peeps, I know this gets asked everyday but every day I am usually at work, but is there a cable station that I can watch the trial??? I can actually watch some of it today.

Thanks and Good Morning.

I posted some general info in the OP of the rebuttal thread.. from my understanding (ianal=i am not a lawyer) the defense can have a surrebuttal case after the rebuttal case.

I looked this up yesterday,the rules in Arizona and it said that the DT does not get a surrebuttal,but Juan will have the last word in closing statements-I am not a lawyer either!
it does not say anything here about the DT surrebuttal

http://www.azcourts.gov/casa/Training/TrainingCourses/CriminalProceedingspg3.aspx

:seeya: Is anyone else finding that the board here is sloooooow today ?

TIA !

Clear your caches and cookies and then restart your computer. It will make a huge difference.

Also, and I suggest you do this when you have more time than today, read up on CCleaner and if you like it download either the PC or Mac version (whichever suits your computer) and run it daily or weekly depending on your download history and practices. I say don't do it today because the first time you use CCleaner it will take a pretty long time to clean up your puter.

Check it out here, formerly know as Crap Cleaner, lol:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

OH... and I downloaded the FREE version, works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth