trial day 48: REBUTTAL #146

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer had better hope the younger jurors get bumped to alternates after that snarky comment about Dr. Demarte just being born.

Younger jurors will not appreciate her comment, at all.

By this time, Alyce LaViolette would have been in yet another time out while the defense stomped to the judge for the 8th "approach, please."

Thank you! It seems like you would not go into this field without a sense of compassion, and wanting to help people. But if you allow compassion and emotion to take over, you can not be of help with diagnosing properly and treating appropriately.

On probably a way lower level, but my work in animal welfare for many years. I saw some awful things. But if I allowed myself to break down and be emotional I was in no position to help the animals in a meaningful or effective way.
I don't think its a lower level at all, spca. You do something I never could - I'd become one of my husband's patients! I do what I can for causes I believe in - but there's no way my psyche could handle the horrors visited on animals and children, not firsthand. My immense respect and gratitude to those who can and do though. (I'm Mom to two furry rescues, one an abuse survivor herself. ;))

Sorry for the O/T.

:please:Give me just a hint as to how this is helping the defense?

This is JW when she doesn't have a whole three/four days to prepare.

It's awesomely awkward.

Sorry, my hands were getting numb from sitting on them.

I hope there are some older jury members who have children the age of Dr. Demarte. Then they can relate to her and everything she has worked hard for and accomplished. JW's snark was out of line.

JW totally unprepared. She figured she'd have this evening to prepare.

Good job Juan!

Has psychology and Domestic Violence studies evolved since 1980?
Has the DSM been updated since 1980?

Bad place to go IMO.

everybody wish she would get a brain...

probably only a few mins left ha?

Jennifer. I saw a local news story about a litter of kittens born on the side of a highway yesterday. They see it's clear your client is guilty of premeditated first degree murder and that you are an offensive insecure half-witted professional. One's year of birth is insignificant, now move on.

LOL!! After watching Juan do cross on her witnesses for 3 months JW has picked up some tips!

Just a thought, but Dr. Demarte was excellent in her evaluation of JA. Most of us knew all those things just not what the term of her mental disorder. Sociopath would have been close though.It was wonderful to see and hear her testimony in comparrison to the defense witnesses.

I fear that the jury will take sympathy now on Jodie, realizing she has a mental defect which began as a child and therefore not see it so much for murder in cold blood----What the Defense Teams mental defect is, I am not sure. Would not be surprised if the jury gave them LWOP for cabbage brain.

Don't hate me but I cannot help but give someone with a "Diagnosed" mental disorder a little more consideration when it comes to murder. Still might come up with Death Penalty---but would not be going into the jury room "totally convinced" DP was warranted.

Am I horrible???
You are not horrible.

I, personally, would want a younger Doctor as they are more aware of the changes in the medical field than a "therapist" who's older and not apt to change their thinking

How is this related .. does she really think the jury will not be convinced by her testable seething logic because of her age, when the tests she did were scientific as opposed to the subjective nonsense we heard from Samuals and ALV ... I'm a little cranky.

And... They often retain my co-counsel for representation...

Oh sorry got confused JMSO ;)

Strange. Willmott needs to figure out what she wants to attack. She shouldn't first try to accuse this witness of being inexperienced or.. lazy?.. and then try to cast aspersions over the witness' obvious experience and respectability. In a dizzying and nonsensical gasping flurry of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91