trial day 48: REBUTTAL #146

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think defense will try lots of stall tactics so there will be no cross today imo. Man this witness is so refreshing after the previous two and their ridiculous testimony....just sayin'

That person in the third row of the gallery looks really ticked.. or has a headache. JA's contagious.

Yes and yes.
Let me give you a true example.
When I was a young child a very traumatic even occurred.
I always knew it happened, but with time I was able to push it down when it came into my mind. (not healthy but that's what I did as I did not have access to help -or even know I needed help as a child).
I grew up, married, had children.
When my daughter reached the age in which I was traumatized, I started experiencing nightmares, extreme reactivity, extreme fear, dropped out of my social life, and I was in no way able to control or push down the thoughts of the traumatic event.
I ended up getting help (because I seriously thought I was losing my mind). I was diagnosed with PTSD.
Since I had not had an opportunity to receive any type of help dealing with or processing the traumatic event as a child I had been "shoving it down". The triggering event to the PTSD becoming uncontrollable was my daughter reaching that age. My fear that it would happen to her, made my own trauma come roaring to the surface.
With time and counseling (2yrs) I was finally able to process and move beyond the traumatic event.
In fact, I realized that a lot of things I did in my daily life prior to counseling, most that could be seen as "quirks", were in reality very much connected to the trauma.
I can't really give a lot of examples without letting out more than I am comfortable with about the trauma, but many could seem to a "quirks" but actually were because of a sense of being unsafe. One small example, no matter where I was I always had to sleep on the side of the bed farthest from the door. I never realized it was always the farthest from the door, just thought I was "quirky" that I had a definite side of the bed but it flip flopped depending on where I was.

Depression is often situation and will clear up after whatever issue (divorce, job issue, illness, etc) is resolved. Unless it is a clinical depression, which is an actual brain chemical imbalance which will not go away on it's own and needs to be managed with medication.

Hope that helps.

Yes, thanks, you gave a good explanation. I noticed on the PTSD thread that a number of people suffered from it after a car crash. I would say you might have situational depression when you're in the hospital with a broken leg, say, because you can't get around, take care of yourself, you're worried about your job and money, etc. Once you are back on your feet, it would improve. But you might suffer from PTSD related to the crash itself: nightmares, not wanting to get in a car even when its disruptive to your life, and so. Does that make sense?

Even the judge looks pleased to see an efficiently running courtroom.
(well, except for the desperate "may we approach?)

deleting photos, cleanup..organized functioning..flies in the face of the DT's assertion that Jodi was in so called "fight or flight" mode and had a loss of her "executive thinking". In short, this witness is eradicating every iota of so called evidence the defense has presented..and she does it with such class and credibility! Amazing.

It is so apparent to us how genuine and credible this witness seems from a monitor..I imagine for the jury the contrast is like night and day in there! They must be relieved to finally hear from a non-quack. Lol. JMO.

Hey everyone -

I haven't had a TV since 1997 (I had to google Nancy Grace during the CA trial to find out who NG was). So anyhow - could some of you please, please later report on what the THs are saying about our beloved Dr. D and her testimony here today? (You can always pm me if it clogs up the normal thread too much.)

Thanks.

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m

@neelobo The camera doesn't come over this far in fear of possibly picking up a juror on it.

Wow willmont really needs to accept no for an answer. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have only ONE criticism and maybe they did this for a reason.

When Ms Demarte read off the items, and Mr Martinez wrote them down, they should have had this on a paper typed, copied...that seemed to take forever and she kept repeating herself.

If I were Jodi's attorney, I would use this to show that my client is sick, and was not able to control herself. Is this a chemical thing that can be controlled thru medicine? I don't know if I like this. She's making me feel sorry for Jodi.

Look at it this way - no person who brutally murders another person is normal. The jury already knows this because normal people don't slaughter other people and then go on with life as if nothing happened. What JM is doing, through this witness, is driving home the point that JA is indeed mentally ill, thus eliminating her self-defense story.

I wonder if any of the jury members make eye contact with, or even look at her, when she stares them down during all these entrances and exits?

I think I am a normal person but the Doc Demarte makes me want to book an appointment just to find out for sure. Very bright lady. Finally some sense and calm in the court room.

Sorry Wilmott, your witnesses opened so many doors for JM that they did you more harm than good. Fight or flight? They didm;t think to check that one against the evidence did they! Plus, she didn't flee, she doubled back to finish him off and clean up the scene.

I was also thinking about JW when Dr. DeMarte was talking about the symptom of being immature, smiling at inappropriate times like when she objects and gets overruled then does that smile. For the life of me I don't understand that response from an attorney in a death penalty case.

I think JW's smile is meant to hide her embarrassment at being overruled time after time. Hehehe. :)

Long after the trial is over, Wilmott will be seen wandering the streets of Phoenix yelling, OBJECTION!

Was just thinking there's been no leading at all - yet. They both know what they need to do and are just getting on with it.

It's almost as if Martinez could've just let the defense witnesses say whatever they wanted without any objections.....
not bothered to cross examine any of them.....
let the jurors ask their questions of the witnesses.............
and then called Demarte.
Yeppers.
End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads