trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I miss that I didn't see nervousness? I teach and talk all day long and I drink water constantly, I don't have stage fright, I drink lots since I'm always talking and answering children's questions. JMO

For someone talking a lot, I can see why you would be thirsty. She just appeared extra thirsty to me. And I thought maybe that was from nervousness. I sure didn't see it as inexperienced though.

I know how to fix it! I will preface this by saying I did not see names mentioned so i truly don't know who you are talking about but I could figure it out.

Ok I had a picture taken of me about 12 months ago? My hair is long, I usually twist it and put it in a clip... 18 mo ago i got a great idea to cut it and get bangs.. OMG is all i can say.

Not long after I had my bob cut below the shoulder and bangs and some photo was taken of me, i slightly looked down, and ARE you kidding me! where my part for the bangs was and the long hair started it LOOKED like I had missing hair or a bald spot.. I do not! LOL I swear!

If you don't think i grew those bangs out and fast.. I did ! No bangs ever again in my life.. Now hair nearly to my butt.. and its thick, and I don't want to know what is under it in that general vicinity I saw that 18 mo ago

LOL! I can relate, but not in the bang area. I have long hair also but got long layers recently - except the back got shorter layers near the crown for some reason. Anyway, because it's shorter my hair splits down the middle of the back of my head now and it looks like I have a bald spot! I constantly have to check the back of my head now!! I even had some Hot Heads extensions put in the back to try to cover up the area and make it a little thicker, but my hair still splits! UGH! Can't wait till it grows back out! Sorry O/T!

BBM;

I say turn her loose.

This Dr. JD looks maybe a little smaller than me. But a nice strong tall woman.

JA's not a tough, strong person she's a sneaky, evil predator who strikes when the victim is vulnerable.

She's going to need segregation from the general population when this is over.

I don't agree she'll need segregation. I'd bet a lot of women in prison are there because they helped some man sell drugs, rob a store, or assisted them in some other crime that got them sent to prison. She'll probably be voted 'Most Popular'.

Children can be SOOOOO selfish.....:floorlaugh:

My 11-y.o. asks daily (because I have to catch up each day after school and watch in my bedroom so DD doesn't get exposed to the horrors) "Ugh, isn't that trial over yet? I thought you already SAID she was guilty!" :floorlaugh:

We are living duel lives here. My children walk by me sitting at the computer and roll their eyes..."I thought you said after Kyron Horman you weren't going to watch anymore of these things..." :jail:

PS...So the bartender says, "I already told you, I don't serve STRINGS in this bar now go on back outside with your other friends."

The third STRING was a little bigger than the rest and he says..."Wait!! I've got an idea! and he ties a BIG KNOT in his middle and frays up the ends of his hair and marches into the bar.

String gets up to the bar and orders a cold Miller draft.

Bartender says..."Heyyy...are you sure you're not a string??"

String says..."Nope! I'm a FRAYED KNOT."

(One of my favorite jokes).

I agree. Couldn't you just hear Clever Juan saying to himself, "I know you can't bring it, but go ahead anyway."

LOL

I think he did one more than that. The defense is going to go over every single point Dr. D did with a comb. They just can't help themselves, whether they have a point to make or not. This is JW's style. It will probably take her just as long (if not more) to cross Dr. D as JM took to question her...

On top of that, we'll have juror questions!

Lots of opportunity for JM to tie things up.

moo

OT KINDA: Go to the court observer thread if you want a :what::blushing::floorlaugh::giggle::silly:

Sometimes KCL is a hoot! It is worth all of the above!

Man, I hope that's right. It finally feels like we're almost done. I wanna be done!

Me too! I want justice for Travis' family. But it would excruciatingly painful to sit through more hours of Nurmi or Wilmott drivel on and on and on....

I don't agree she'll need segregation. I'd bet a lot of women in prison are there because they helped some man sell drugs, rob a store, or assisted them in some other crime that got them sent to prison. She'll probably be voted 'Most Popular'.

Well, now this certainly is a point of view I hadn't considered. JA's crime though is a bit different from the ones you have listed here are they not?

Care to expand on this? :fence:

Why? JA knows exactly where she'll be spending the rest of her life. It's no mystery to her or anyone else. Her showing, pretending, or having "interest" in any witness is not a requirement. That the public thinks it should be a requirement for her to do anything but sit there (quietly) is misplaced energy.

Remember Elizabeth Smart? Well in the trial for her crazy abductor (Brian Mitchell), he made a scene most days in court, sang hymns out loud, interrupted proceedings, and they had to put him in a separate room with a TV feed of the trial because they couldn't get him to be quiet in the courtroom.

I'd rather the trial proceed smoothly, which it is, and could care less what JA does or where she looks or if she's interested or not interested as long as she sits there quietly, doesn't disrupt the proceedings, and Juan and company can do their job.

The defendant is not doing herself any favors by behaving like John Couey while court is in session.
Everyone else in the court room is expected to sit attentively and be respectful.

The jurors themselves have had to pay attention to long hours of testimonies. I suspect some of them find the defendant's behavior rude.
jmoo

I'm watching pt.2 of today's trial...WoW Dr. D hit the nail on the head when describing JA. NO double speak, no smoothing over, no evasive answers. It's so much easier listening to an honest person vs a "liar"

I just finished watching on HHN and it seems to me JW just kept going through her resume' and pointing out all her experience.

Speaking of her having a dry mouth....I hope they move the water pitcher and cup away from her mic....every time she poured some water I could hear it and it would cause me to physically respond and make a quick trip to the other room!! :floorlaugh: :blushing:

Regarding Dr. DeMarte's CV and her comment that it's secondary to treating her patients. This is indeed very common for physicians, so I imagine it is for psychologists. I have physicians that haven't updated their CV since it had to be done on a typewritter. It doesn't make them better or worse physicians it just means they are established and don't often use their CV now. Just like most people don't update their resume while they are at a job they are happy with.

For someone talking a lot, I can see why you would be thirsty. She just appeared extra thirsty to me. And I thought maybe that was from nervousness. I sure didn't see it as inexperienced though.

Who cares if she was a bit tense? She would be stupid not to be; she knows the defence is looking for anything they can to demerit her credentials and her evaluation. The drinking...So what? She was up there on the stand for 4+ hours today. I'd be drinking too. At least she's not asking for pee breaks throughout her testimony.

moo

My mother's got BPD, and it's NOT nothing. It's very real and very debilitating for those who suffer the disorder, as well as those close to them. It's horrific, and I take great offense to your comment. People should really educate themselves about mental illness.

I'm pretty sure the poster did not mean to be flippant, but rather was pointing out how something called borderline personality disorder would sound to a layman.

My cousin had a Down syndrome baby and she said her job was two-fold; learning how to best raise her daughter and teaching everyone else about the disorder. Those that are not exposed to it just don't know.

If you don't have impressive things to put on a CV sure you put lectures.

If you do have impressive things they go first. Personal/Marital/Family, then Education, then Post Edu (Fellow, Intern, Masters/Phd, M.D.) Awards such as Pulitzer Prize :-) hey if you got one, list it.. Published Peer Reviewed Studies, Books you Authored (real books we can buy) Books you wrote Chapters in if the Book is significant (again, you might have put a Chapter in a book thats not even as impressive as a Research Study you did, its up to you to list it) THEN maybe, just maybe Lectures. If they are notable? If you were the featured speaker at the White House hosted by the U.S. Health Committee on Borderline Personality Disorder and how to spot it in your waitress or World Health Organization and you were the headliner on Vaccines & the relation to Autism well crap, put that baby down!

If you list Lecture after Lecture for pages on how to spot depression, when to seek help, when to suspect you have two personalities, when to suspect you have two personalities..you just look like you filled it with lesser quality items. The Surgeon I update the CV for lectures nearly once a month.. Once a month x 18 years is over 260 lectures. Um, no I am not typing them out in the cv.

I thought this was a brilliant day for the Prosecutor

Awesome post! :seeya:

Yay! Happy to be back from my mandated 24 hour vacay...I promise to be a good girl from now on.

Onto this point I wanted to make...
JW doesn’t seem to understand the internship, residency, fellowship processes…I understand them quite well considering I credential physicians for fellowship programs through the clinic I work at whom are usually coming straight from their residency. While there may be variations between the MD internship, residency, fellowship process from that of a psychologist from listening and understanding Dr. DeMarte I understood them to be very similar. Not sure why this seems to be such a hurdle for JW.

Me neither. It's not a big mystery and she seemed clueless as to how it worked. Ad the more she stumbled around, the greater DD sounded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor