trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pointing out that 32 years old IS very, very young for a testifying "expert." Most experts are at least in their 40's and usually in their 50's and older. The idea being that one is not an expert until they've had quite a bit of practical experience and become established in their field. I didn't watch the testimony yesterday, so this isn't a commentary on how this witness did, at all. Just sayin'...I'm seeing posters get onto the defense for pointing out her age and lack of practical experience, but that IS what makes one an expert -- among other things. Any defense in any case would do this and it would be justified since experience is something the jury should definitely consider in evaluating an expert's testimony. Imo, particularly in a highly interactive and subjective field such as psych. All jmo.

Not if you are an expert. She could have gotten her license right after her doctorate but she did not. She chose to get more experience for another year first.
She is smart and educated.

Sometimes the older ones don't have more experience or knowledge, Just hold onto tightly to their ideals from 30 years ago.

She has shown that ALV and DR S were no where in her league. She is exactly as a professional on the stand should be. No mistakes, reports at the ready.

Watch her. She is an expert among experts.

Slightly OT but not really. I am so freaking obsessed AGAIN with this case...yesterday I got home and tried to hurry up and pull up WAT on laptop....had my phone streaming and grabbed my Nook with headphones just in case....I was sitting there with THREE - count 'em -- THREE devices streaming the trial all at once.

My daughter said I need an intervention.

I had to stop at my sister's house after work yesterday. On my way home, I always stream the trial on my phone and just listen (obviously I can't watch as I'm driving).

Well when I stopped at her house, I took the phone in with me and held the speaker part to my ear the entire time I was there. She just stared at me for the longest time and then said, "Seriously? You need help."

Well, for the jury to hear antisocial personality disorder with violent features or psychopath disorder has a sinister sound and prejudicial reaction. The defense wants the jury to feel sorry for Arias to see her as the "victim" not the cold-hearted killer that she became.

My :twocents:
(just jumping off of your post)

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to trails but I don't get why things that sound prejudicial but are true can't be said in front of the jury. e.g. whatever Dr JD found through her testing or the tape of her own father saying she is a known liar. Yet the victim can be trashed from here to Sunday with no more proof than a proven liars word. It's frustrating to me.

I can just picture ALV reading text messages from TA where he uses abbreviations like OMG, SMH, LMAO etc. and thinking "wow, he is so full of rage that he is 'typing in tongues'. Perhaps he is so angry he is just pounding random keys."

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Man just got done re-watching DD' testimony, she shredded both ALV and Dr.Samuels testimonies. The memory-fog issue, Jodi being the one that has displayed EXTREME anger in the past (kicking down doors, shattering windows) etc. Totally shattered the image of Jodi as a meek abused individual and showed her to be the obsessive aggresive stalker that she is.

(just jumping off of your post)

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to trails but I don't get why things that sound prejudicial but are true can't be said in front of the jury. e.g. whatever Dr JD found through her testing or the tape of her own father saying she is a known liar. Yet the victim can be trashed from here to Sunday with no more proof than a proven liars word. It's frustrating to me.

I think for the tapes to be allowed in they would have to put JAs parents on the stand and neither side wants that.

I know this has most likely been discussed but my first time finding this.
Dr. D's laptop was stolen from her home this past February that had info of JA psych profile.
Does anyone have any information on the outcome or know who burglarized her home?
here is the link
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/21...t-witness-in-arias-trial-has-home-burglarized

I think her criminal-turned-tweeter friend Ms Donavan Bering, Matt McCartney or Gus Searcy was behind this theft.
Those would be my guesses unless of course it was a random theft.

Didn't seem to put a chink in her chain though, huh?

Coffee...Check!
Energy shot....Check!
WS....Check!

Everything seems to be in order with the start of this day....

Carry on.... As you were :) (Morning Wonderful WSers!)

:seeya:

...was walking through a client's home yesterday...glanced down at the desk in the sunroom....saw a Tootsie Pop....it was orange....my face was red....

:floorlaugh:
Hilarious! But could it have been salmon?

I had to stop at my sister's house after work yesterday. On my way home, I always stream the trial on my phone and just listen (obviously I can't watch as I'm driving).

Well when I stopped at her house, I took the phone in with me and held the speaker part to me ear the entire time I was there. She just stared at me for the longest time and then said, "Seriously? You need help."
My DS walked in with me watch trial yet again and told me "I need to get a life" I said, 'I'll get one when she's convicted'. He shook his head and walked away.

Can't wait for the walmart witnesses!
JW better finish quickly with her cross!

Did you notice the look on Jodi's face as she tried to stare this woman down? I wonder if the jury can see the look in Jodi's eyes. It was chilling. Perfect example of the saying: "If looks could kill."

My husband's ex used to do that with me, thought she could intimidate me. She didn't want her ex-husband, but didn't want me to have him either. I had her pegged for what she was early on and she hated me all the more for it. She's very narcissistic and vindictive, also fits the BPD profile and is much like JA, even down to the flat, empty eyes. She was always out for blood and vicious, including being cruel and abusive to her own little girl. I found her to be kind of scary because we never knew what she might do next. But she wasn't as scary as JA, as she never killed anyone (that I know of). I have no doubt JA would kill again if she goes free, heaven forbid.

Did anyone read the Feb. 14 email? The top of the email talked about Travis being angry so I can see the DT using this to counter some points. Maybe show Travis was abusive. I think she never got spideys or that shirt and pink underwear and was angry she didnt get anything for valentines day btw

Texts and emails are tricky. My hub and I have even had a few testy words over the "tone" of our texts. I can be having a bad day, get a text from him, and read a tone into it that really wasn't there and vice versa.

That was why I liked Doc D stating these journals, ims, texts and emails have to be taken objectively. You can't start trying to decipher a hidden meaning in the the writings or subjectively decide why something wasn't written down. JA can attempt to explain the meaning behind the journals and emails and their failure to corroborate her story, but then there is that pesky secondary gain rearing it's head.

OMG..."all the fear I could muster up in my retinas"....Travis says that! Down on his knees with a gun pointed at his temple!

I've said this before but I think JA remembered this story and used bits and pieces of it in the killing.

She tells Det. Flores that TA "wasn't screaming like a girl or anything" (or something along those lines). TA said in that clip that he wondered how he would be in such a moment, acting like a tough guy or whining (in a feminine voice), "Don't shoot, I have a wife and eight kids!"

She also shot him in the head right where he showed, in the video, the gun being pointed by the guy who held him at gunpoint.

Vinnie on HLN last night said there are 52 gas stations between where she left and TA's house..

Yeah, no gas.. Such a danger...

Jodi went way down to Pasadena in order to get on I-10 E, which is a straight shot to Mesa. Lots of gas along the way.

Can this go into the media/timeline thread?

I transcribed the text for people on mobile devices who won't be able to read the small text.

---
bit of loss for words. And perhaps a little bit intimidated, not necessarily because of how angry you were, but because I wasn't sure how you would react to me trying to comfort you. I compare it to my own experiences, and I know that sometimes, I don't want to hear it, I just want to yell and scream and vent (yes, I do on very rare occasions), and go through the motions until the situation plays itself out. Other times, I need comforting and to be told that everything is ok. I wasn't sure exactly what you were needing, so I just listened, and as the conversation evolved, my heart filled with compassion [] you.

However, you already know the Secret. I don't need to remind you. But you are so powerful, and you can turn this situation around at anytime [sic]. I found out, much to my regret, that my anger is very destructive. I've never beaten up anybody over it, but I've kicked holes in walls, kicked down doors, smashed windows, broken things. It hurts people [redacted?] and it hurts me. It lowers my vibration and attracts unwanted lower-vibrational situations and people into my life. So I strive every day to "be the bigger person" and be a living example and Choose the Right and see everything through a filter of love. But it doesn't always work that way! I mess up. Sometimes I forget who I am. But I will never stop striving to be Christ-like as much as I possibly can.

This morning, I woke up feeling awful. I called Darryl (only because I had to give him the phone number to our mortgage lender) and he said, "hey, I was just going to call you. Any change in your situation?" An that's all he had to say. I lost it
---

Thank you for transcribing for us folks on smartphones:D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

The university awards her a doctorate of philosphy in clinical psychology when she completes her coursework. She becomes licesned to practice as a clinical pshcholgist independtly after she passes her state exams. This is the same as JW. She was awarded a juris doctorate after she completed law school. But she was not licesned to practice law until she passed the bar. Why was this so hard for JW to understand??

Oh JW knew what she was saying!!! JW wanted screw it around to mess with her for the sake of the jury!!!

MOO

Man just got done re-watching DD' testimony, she shredded both ALV and Dr.Samuels testimonies. The memory-fog issue, Jodi being the one that has displayed EXTREME anger in the past (kicking down doors, shattering windows) etc. Totally shattered the image of Jodi as a meek abused individual and showed her to the be obsessive aggresive stalker that she is.
I know!
The first person to pretty much say to the jury 'I don't believe she doesn't remember the stabbing, she's just FOS' in so many words. :great:

I am entirely sure what you are asking. However, if one is a Psych major in under graduate one learns testing and assessment (including protocols) right from the get go. In graduate school you learn more in depth while you practice under Licensed Psychologist giving them. Then you PhD you give them and begin to learn how to score them under Licensed Psychologist supervision.

Yes. That's the point - these things should be known and practiced from the get-go, yet RS and ALV (after the oft-cited 35 yrs of experience) still seem unable to follow standards. By contrast, DeMarte seems to have been correctly following them all along, despite her relatively short experience.

So if the defense wants to point up DeMarte's short career vs. their own witnesses' lengthy ones, then I'd say that at least she knows what to do and how to do it - apparently RS's and ALV's years of experience don't guarantee that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow