trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #148

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed JA didn't stand for the Jury and a woman came running up to her just as the camera moved away. I assume she came to tell JA to stand

Jodi held this face for an uncomfortable amount of time:

ht75eq.jpg

seriously messed up... showed her true colors right there.

They are out to lunch, back at 1:20pm Arizona time.

For me, that would be 3:20pm Central time.

I think Jennifer Wilmott has been "out to lunch" all day.
:wink:

Willmott is just not a good asker of questions.

JW begins many questions with So, So, and her phrasing is inconsistent and hard to follow as the one who is posing the question.

Glad Dr. D is making her ask the question again or telling JW she is not stating things correctly.

JW is not being clear or concise and it doesn't seem she is offering much to the jury in making her points. Snooze fest.

Is this seriously the best Wilmott has to offer as a Defense counselor? Tearing up a very polished and professional expert and asking the same question 20 different ways?
"So you're not an expert in domestic violence"
"So, you wouldn't label yourself a domestic violence expert"
"So, domestic violence is not your expertise"
"So you don't call yourself an expert in domestic violence"

It's so friggin egregious-- it's repulsive!

Speaking of chemically-altered, the defendant seems glassy eyed, or having dilated pupils. She seems medicated today. Wonder what she's on?

I suspect barbs. But, I should have been on them before I subjected myself to this load of tripe.

I'm about to give up hope on JW finishing with DD today.

Is this seriously the best Wilmott has to offer as a Defense counselor? Tearing up a very polished and professional expert and asking the same question 20 different ways?
"So you're not an expert in domestic violence"
"So, you wouldn't label yourself a domestic violence expert"
"So, domestic violence is not your expertise"
"So you don't call yourself an expert in domestic violence"

It's so friggin egregious-- it's repulsive!

Sharing copyrighted info terrible; shooting someone in head and stabbing them 29 times, totally ok. #jodiarias

because I can only do one thing at a time on this iPad; BUT, all this reliance on Lenore Walker's seminal research is making me crazy. She based Battered Womens Syndrome on the earlier theories of learned helplessness, or studies that showed a dog could be beat and would not run away.

That theory as it applied to IPV victims was discredited way back when I was in school. In fact help seeking behavior increases as the abuse gets worse. For all you lunchtime readers, here's some more recent information:
http://www.vawnet.org/applied-research-papers/print-document.php?doc_id=2061

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members