trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a motion pending about JM not being able to bring up JA's lack of remorse on the basis that it is essentially in conflict with the self defense claim. JSS has postponed ruling on this, but I can't remember how far ago the this was in the minutes.

I think her lack of remorse is evident. The phone message to Travis, after she killed him, the smiling mug shot, heading to Ryan Burns house, her "no jury will convict me" among other things the jury has seen/heard.

I so wish! I live in Minnesota and it's supposed to snow tomorrow...again! For those who don't know, it really is "normal" for it to snow in Minnesota this late into April.

Snow here too!!! Was 19f degrees this morning. I pull out my birkenstocks when the snow is less than 1/2"...:rocker: a few years who it snowed 3" on July 4th...killed my tomatoes :furious:

<-------montanagirl :rocker:

I can't even imagine what her mother is feeling.

Looking at before pictures of Jodi next to the way she looks now, she looks like two completely different people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And remember THIS was her goal/strategy all along, to cause those who TA loved maximum pain and embarrassment. I'm sure she enjoys knowing this is also a financial burden on them the longer it goes on. :furious:

I agree! I just got my tax refund so I think I'll do something to make me feel better about this little sick charade and make another donation to www.travisalexanderfund.com that way I'll feel like I may have negated at least a little bit of what I think is probably nefarious action on behalf of JA today.

---------------

Hi Roy Rob, you think your worried!! I'm 81 and praying to make it.:floorlaugh: I say that with every trial.:great: :seeya:

Hi Nore,,,,,,,,it's just a number ain't it. I said to the better half tonight that if we leave now from Niagara Falls Ontario and walk to Phoenix Arizona, we will still make it in time for the verdict. :floorlaugh:

This Jury HAS NOT CALLED IN SICK EVER! This case started January 2, 2013. Juror 11 was let go due to his sickness. The remaining 16 jurors deserve a ticker tape parade. IF today was due to JA having a migraine you can rest assured the Judge IS NOT going to let this happen again. I just hope she expressed her displeasure in a way JW and KN and JA could understand. (i would have taken a ruler and whacked all 3 of 'em on the knuckles!

When I feel a migraine coming on I take my Maxalt. Hopefully it kicks in and I continue my work day. I dont have the luxury of leaving work whenever I get one.

Im sorry to be annoying but I'm behind. Do we know the reason for calling off court this afternoon? I see posts about JA being sick but is that just a guess?

The Judge only said there was an issue but we suspect JA claimed to be ill.
They gave her half an hour to get better but I guess it didn't help.

Court tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. Arizona time and you know 9:30 means 10 at the earliest.

ITA! She has been in this jail for almost 5 years, so the food is nothing new to her. If she is losing weight, it is purposeful. Everything she does is for her own benefit.

Yes, she's starving herself. They're served 2600 calories per day. Per day.

Is there ever a moment when this chick isn't hustling?

seriously? I don't know who these guys are, but I think they could do a lot better, in terms of casting...
Yeah, like getting Casey Anthony to play Jodi, she won't have to act!!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::great::great::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Im sorry to be annoying but I'm behind. Do we know the reason for calling off court this afternoon? I see posts about JA being sick but is that just a guess?

Yes...we are just guessing...Judge said something has come up...

Just curious did anybody hear if JW called Dr D a "bad name" under her breath during testimony today??

Some say she did, some say she didn't. I heard it and it sounded that way but I just can't see JW being that unprofessional.

Lifetime taking anything Jodi Arias says for fact is a sin in my book. Shame on them for exploiting the re-killing of Travis and hurting his family and friends by this pycho. Perhaps a boycott of sponsors of Lifetime is in order.

When I feel a migraine coming on I take my Maxalt. Hopefully it kicks in and I continue my work day. I dont have the luxury of leaving work whenever I get one.

And JA isn't working. She basically has to sit there in her chair and draw with crayons or stare down the witnesses and jury. That's all she's good for anyway.

This was posted From Katiecoolady a few minutes ago:

"They gave her medicine and half an hour to get over it and she claimed she couldn't but managed to flash a dirty look at the family section while the jury was walking in"

Just thought I would bring it over from the other thread for info.

Good grief! Why didn't she get medicine when the lunch break started ?!

does that = wilmont needs more prep :( ??

Yes, that exactly what it means! It's a sickening Fact that attorneys do use their clients to gain time or a continuance which was in my case, my divorce "trial". It was indeed a trial by judge (not jury) that lasted a year, closed to the public because of financial and medical records. I sued him for divorce on Adultery, Cruelty, and 9 other counts. There were witnesses called including 2 of his "paramours", my doctor, records representative from the hospital, banking personnel, etc.

My attorney, whom the judge had pointed out was the best in the DFW area, wanted me to play sick and go to the ER with a sinus infection at Midnight before an 8am trial date. A sinus infection! I flatly refused because it was dishonest. I told her NO, we will show up as we are supposed to and tell the God's honest truth, let the judge do her job.

In another instance, she wanted me to turn myself in to the hospital for a 72 hour mental hold! I absolutely refused because I was just plain ole' depressed, I wasn't mentally ill. I was simply crying due to the toll it was taking on me, but my attorney wanted to buy time. Once again I said NO, I would not be dishonest with the judge!

Due to myself playing it honest, I got the best outcome available. I got all assets, my husband got all the debt. He had to pay the house off and put it in my name only. He had to pay my 6 figure attny fees. He had to completely support me for 4 years including medical insurance and much much more. Had I been dishonest like my attny wanted me to be, the judge would have seen through it and my award would not have been as good.

IMO. I'm proud that I did the right thing.

Having said that.... Jodi and her defense team are making a HUGE mistake, but that's OK by me! All of these games and dirty tactics are going to get Jodi what she deserves. The judge AND jury are not fooled. They will see what is really going on behind the scenes and give Jodi the death penalty.

It does not EVER pay to lie.

I didn't believe it until I saw this link. Sounds like it to me! And JA and KN both look up/react right after she says it. :twocents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=En7UIKNzwg4&v=G1zP8WS3Lfc

It definitely sounds like that to me ... said under her breath, like ALV and "jerk." However, I have noticed that when people play evp's and stuff on TV I never can understand what it says until someone says "it sounds like ..." and all of a sudden I'm sure that's what I heard and from then on whenever it is played that's exactly what I hear. Maybe I'm too suggestible?

She may look all shrunk and shrivelly, but IMO, that's just another mask. The real JA is charged with rage, anger, envy and murder. If you want to see the real Jodi Arias, you would have to have been there when she butchered Travis Alexander.

Absolutely. JA shows no remorse. In my opinion, her *only* remorse is that she got caught.

I definitely see your point....very thoughtful.

For my part I don't see people here as maliciously gloating so much as just enraged and, as human nature will, like seeing her get what she deserves.

I personally cannot tolerate the fact that JA is dragging travis through the mud, and I do enjoy it when Jodi is put in her place.

But I also agree that mental illness, including personality disorders, are not chosen and people afflicted with them should be pitied.

I'm still gonna be really happy when she's convicted. I also pity her.

I agree with you. Shes not insane. She knows the difference betwern right and wrong. Even today, she gave the family a dirty look. We have the right to say what we want.

any idea when the morning session will be up on the timeline thread? i missed all but 30 minutes or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lineman21