trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been under the impression that those suffering from a severe migraine cannot stand light, and as you said, blinking even hurts. Wouldn't she have had her head down on the desk? Wouldn't she have shown some sign of problem besides covering her mouth as if she were going to vomit?

Not all migraines cause literal vomiting, but certainly light sensitivity and nausea. I know I've had them like that. I couldn't keep my head up and my eyes open in that courtroom. I would have my eyes closed and probably be trying to apply pressure to my temples, etc. Not that it would work, mind you, but I wouldn't be doing a paint-by-numbers version of the Sistine chapel, or whatever Einstein's been crafting at her desk for lo these many weeks.

They could have gone on without her IMO- all she does is ignore the proceedings and scribble/draw/erase repeat.

Jodi was looking pretty bad today. I hate to say this but she's reminding me of Steve Buscemi from Fargo. You could feel the snark coming from JW and to me, it only lowers her status and makes the defense look like...better stop there. ha ha

If the witness had been combative you could understand a more aggressive approach, like the one JM uses. But she wasn't.

BBM I think this statement is so correct. Glasses that not needed or have a wrong prescription can cause headaches.

I have always thought Jodi's glasses might be "cosmetic" only, not prescription.

Oh and snap! the lady on Dr. Drew is repeating everything I said in my "coming out of the BPD closet". It's honest. We do use our sexuality.

:loveyou: Thank You for your honesty!

:blushing: and for coming out of the closet! Nice to know ya!

Good point, oh wise cat. :) :seeya:

Thank you, oh wise Sleuth!

Seriously, she herself said on the witness stand that she had tried on someone's glasses in 2010 "just for fun" and noticed how much more clearly she could see. Curious if this person was very nearsighted, and if JA is still wearing those glasses. She could be over-correcting her vision, ergo the headaches that she is saying are migraines.

MOO

I wonder if someone gave the incorrect information to Willmott or if she researched it herself? Guess she is guilty of opening mouth and inserting foot!

The fantastic thing is that Dr. DeMarte stuck to her guns and said, "That is inaccurate." Now Juan can follow up on cross and clear it up letting the jury know that Wilmott was the one who was wrong.

Of course, with this delay due to "illness", Wilmott will hear about this and will probably find away to save face during the rest of her cross tomorrow. Something like: she "misspoke".

It's part of our rights to view a trial and information once it is released is public information. If the media would get things correct there would be no media circus. If anything the media could push for a Sunshine Law that fully discloses information to cut down on the errors in reporting. We have as much right to view a trial as Jodi does to have a fair trial. By-the-way, there is no circus within the courtroom and that is all that matters. Being able to see the trial ourselves dispels all rumors which would be the case when people viewing a closed trial give interviews that are slanted against the defendant. We can all judge for ourselves. Does not impact on the jury.
By-the-way, there is no circus within the courtroom and that is all that matters.
Actually that is not true. Which is why I mentioned the Shepherd case. What happens outside the courtroom was at issue in the SUpreme Court ruling. It's not about having the right to know and inaccurate reporting. Most of what is out there is opinion and that has a whole lot of protection. We just have so many more info flows now that I think it will be addressed(not just the JA case) at some point

She is above average in intelligence. Average is 100. In fact mean IQ scores have gone up since the tests were first implemented and so the scores are adjusted for inflation, so to speak, so 100 is always average.

She's just not all that significantly above average.

Also, it's worth noting that, by definition, half the people you come across on a daily basis are below average intelligence in the same way half the people you come across are below average height.

However, overall, we are, in general, about as smart as people have ever been, according to whatever it is that IQ tests test for.

Don't know about now, but IQ scores originally were meant as predictors of scholastic achievement. Period.

When Jodi made her exit for the day she had a stack of documents with her. When someone is suffering a migraine the last thing they can do is read anything. I don't believe Jodi would have be allowed to carry anything back into jail, right?

Desperation at its most pathetic! I don't think Willmott made any headway today. And I didn't think JD was padding her C.V and Cheryl A on DD just stated as much.

Exactly. She didn't pad it at all because of the lectures she didn't include.

And yet, JW described that as giving her a CV that wasn't current! :floorlaugh:

What JW does NOT understand is, the dr. Is NOT an academician. She doesn't need to run up her credentials on her CV. She's SEEING PATIENTS! She's not traveling around doing speaking engagements, or publishing for her peers.

She's WORKING as a psychologist.

Your not kidding! My mother suffered from migraines as I was growing up. I can remember her suffering for days at a time. During these times light really bothered her so she stayed in a darken room only to make her way to bathroom.
Her continuous vomiting would keep all of us awake at night and until she couldn't stand it anymore she'd ask my Dad to take her to the ER for a Demerol shot.. She suffered on a monthly basis. Gee I'm glad I didn't inherit migraines!

You are lucky! And she was probably even more stressed that she had to stay in that darkened room leaving only to go vomit.

At some point, a cool compress over your eyes in a darkened room starts to be soothing because you don't have to blink and you aren't pierced by light. But it's such a long time before you can bear to even have the compress touch you.

One day she'll get a real migraine ... oh, wait. That will be when her new neighbors at the prison start their introductions. lol

o/t

TEXAS: EXPLOSION U/D - AT LEAST 10 STRUCTURES ON FIRE. PATIENTS AT NEARBY NURSING HOME REPORTED TRAPPED. CHILDREN TRAPPED AS WELL!

This is in Waco, a fertilizer plant explosion that was felt 65 miles away. Many people trapped.

Jodi Arias is NOT suffering from migraines! Years ago, I was plagued with them for a short period of time. I knew when they were coming on because I started to experiece double vision. That was the signal for me to pack up my desk and rush home before I was completely disabled. I had to close all the bedroom drapes because the light was intolerable. The pain was so great I started vomiting. It lasted for over 15 hours. When I went to my doc, he prescribed Darvon, which helped...but not completely.
Thankfully, they disappeared as quickly as they began. Haven't had one in 20 years.

JA would not have been able to sit there scribbling in her notebook if she had a REAL migraine! They are truly incapacitating. Over the counter medication will not help one iota! She is malingering!

Same here...although it goes against everything that tells me she would not say that... I do believe I hear it... I also know that people can just be pissed and things slip out...Sorry if it offends anyone, but that is what I hear.

I am not hearing what she said, but I have no doubt she did say something because Arias and Nurmi both react at exactly the same time, then Arias goes into smirk mode for a second or two.

Well, I doubt it's the first time Nancy Grace has been called that.

Oh, you mean the thing with Wilmott?

:floorlaugh:

I so adore Mykeru

:skip:

(#isnotamykerustalker #maybealittlebit #butinahealthyway)

Insane is a legal term, not a psychological diagnosis, I think. I could be cray cray. :)
Ha , I guess it's funny when we don't deal with cray cray stuff everyday.

Since I do, I guess you can put me in the cray cray category :)

After watching this video about Jodi's home sweet home - Estrella Unit - I fully understand her desire to prolong the trial and stay out of there as much as possible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR7kE-sOyVw
I can't imagine staying there overnight, much less 5 yrs.. Let me know if this blows the margins and I'll delete asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth