trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to get more info on Lenore Walker and found that she is a pioneer in DV, like Alyce LaViolette. LW was an OJ Simpson defense witness and interviewed him. I don't know a whole lot about Simpson's trial as I was too busy working and going to school at that time. LW received some flack for her involvement with OJ and it does not seem to have hurt her reputation. IDK Most likely, ALV's work won't suffer either. MOO

after lurking here for several months, i've finally made myself a profile and am so excited to start posting here!

i have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder for 8 years now and have yet to kill anybody ;] joking aside, i was glad that dr. demarte touched on her being borderline, as i have had a suspicion that she was borderline since i started researching this case. i'm anxious to see how it pans out!

As I said earlier in this thread, I am so proud proud proud of everybody telling their stories! this case is not to bash people with this. As we now have shared due to all of you that have shared your stories, it is not that uncommon to have!

Many live with such! And are very fabulous people. And we do not kill!

Bless you and best wishe

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I think a very dramatic person like jodi may call a simple headache a MIGRAINE just for attention

Noooo... NOT Jodi!!! Remember ALV told us Jodi's tendency was to minimize... She saw no pattern of exaggeration, none whatsoever. :pullhair: :banghead:

I just have to put this here......

I wasn't able to watch live today, so in viewing the YT videos this evening, I nearly fell out of my chair when JW goes to joker type laughing & grinning at Dr. D about "not talking about inconsistencies".

nl8nfd.png

hmm I have seen that look before!
It will come back and bite her IMO.

Really interesting to see her handle JW's questioning.

"That does not sound accurate" and "I am not aware of that" in response to JW asking JDM about recent work in BWS if she is aware that Lenore Walker no longer uses the six criteria, instead uses a trauma informed approach.

It appears that JW was misrepresenting Lenore Walker's work. I only find podcasts which reference a trauma informed approach and that is dealing strictly with children. I am unable to locate any major published works subsequent to the release of the third edition (2009) The Battered Woman Syndrome.

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know about the ethics of this type of questioning. Nevertheless, JDM answered the questions correctly, including her statement regarding accuracy.

So glad Walker was on HG tonight and completely debunked this...how could JW present that misleading line of questioning!!!

Wasn't the issue w/ his tests that he filled in the answers FOR JA on a piece of scrap paper or something from a legal pad? It's not so much that he used a copy... I'm sure that is pretty common. But he filled in the answers for her I thought.

Yeah, that too. The fax thing was something Samuels volunteered during the time Juan was grilling him about writing the answers himself instead of asking JA to do it herself.

I'm going to have to suck it up and find the testimony. I need to find out what I'm talking about because I do have trouble with my memory of Samuels on the stand. It's kind of a PTSD fog. Wish me luck with my hippocampus!

PINSKY: And Hollie, you said -- I guess, you have a story about a friend`s house, the Skye Hughes (ph) home?

HOLLIE MEFFORD: Yes. The Hughes home. Jodi showed up one day while I was there with Skye, and she showed up unannounced. She came over to ask Skye why Skye hated her, and Skye, for 15 minutes, told her why we didn`t like her, why we didn`t want her around, why we didn`t want her to be with Travis. And I told her to get out of her house, to never come back.

And then, I was in the kitchen making lunch for Skye`s kids, and Jodi, after, you know, being yelled at for 15 minutes, comes into the kitchen, sits at the dining room table and just sits there and stares at me while I`m cooking macaroni and cheese. And, I didn`t say anything to her. It was really awkward, and I didn`t want to be around her. And she just sat there for 10 minutes, and then, finally, she got up and left.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/05/ddhln.01.html

MEFFORD is on the rebuttal list, along with her husband. If you click on this link you can read the transcript of what they had to say about the killer.

You are lucky! And she was probably even more stressed that she had to stay in that darkened room leaving only to go vomit.

At some point, a cool compress over your eyes in a darkened room starts to be soothing because you don't have to blink and you aren't pierced by light.

One day she'll get a real migraine ... oh, wait. That will be when her new neighbors at the prison start their introductions. lol
You know, I just tried a cool, wet washcloth on my forehead the last time I got a migraine a couple of weeks ago, and it felt really good! Not because it blocked out the light, I have blackout shade masks and dark sunglasses for that, it just did. Seemed to calm everything down in my head.

Earlier in the trial, JA, had on two different pairs of frames. The pair she has on now is the third pair. I have not watched every day, but I did notice the other frames, and I liked the styles better then the current ones. There maybe more pics of different frames.

Do inmates get brand new glasses, or do they get what people turn into "old glasses collectionboxes"? JMO

That is exactly why I think the glasses have the wrong prescription. She couldn't possibly have three pairs of prescription glasses, HER prescription, unless someone on the outside got them for her. If she did get her eyes examined while in jail, she may get one pair with very inexpensive frames.

MOO

nl8nfd.png

(Left to right) Hear no evil. See no evil. Are you going to eat that evil?

IMO, Jodi is trying to make herself eligible for the hospital or something. In the movies and on tv, isn't that where the escapes generally happen? Jodi's obviously not eating for the attention it's gotten her. The inmates are given 2400 calories a day! No way in H**L that's going to provide the weight loss she's had.

Jodi's headaches and other medical problems never happen when things are going well for her in court. Well, as well as it can go in this case. At least whenever it's all about Jodi in the most positive way it can be under the circumstances.

So glad Walker was on HG tonight and completely debunked this...how could JW present that misleading line of questioning!!!

I hope one of JD's friends or coworkers gives her a heads up, and assures her that JW is full of BS with that line of questioning. I want her to feel confident enough to hold her ground if JW foolishly brings it up again.

On Dr. Drew...

Katie Wick thinks JA may have a headache because she's had her nose in a coloring book for two days. However she doesn't really think she's sick.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

A sloth. I want one.

During this trial, I think many of us have become one! pajamas all day, not getting food on the table for family.. not cleaning the house as well as we used to..

I am a big time sloth! :D:D;):D:D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I've done rather dumb and unstable things often in my life but I know me - and I know that if I were in a place where I was so furious and freaked out to be abandoned - I would snap out of it in a drive that long. The fact that didn't is telling. She drove for HOURS and probably abided by the law on the way there. That's smooth and calculating. She was so secure in her plan that she shut her phone off for hours as well.

Watching her is like watching Ted Bundy in court (there are freakish similarities). I want to know so badly if she faked pregnancies etc. her glasses are fake. Her "love" is fake. Her sickness is fake. Not all of us with BPD ever get to this level. I promise.

I just have to put this here......

I wasn't able to watch live today, so in viewing the YT videos this evening, I nearly fell out of my chair when JW goes to joker type laughing & grinning at Dr. D about "not talking about inconsistencies".

nl8nfd.png

Absolutely incredible. I hope this isnt lost on the jury how Wilcott thinks the murder of Travis by her defendent is just a huge barrel of laughs.

We may find things that are humerous and entertaining to us as we are spectators having to endure this lengthy trial, but the big difference is we are not presenting the case to the jury. Her behavior is incredibly unacceptable.

I wanted to get more info on Lenore Walker and found that she is a pioneer in DV, like Alyce LaViolette. LW was an OJ Simpson defense witness and interviewed him. I don't know a whole lot about Simpson's trial as I was too busy working and going to school at that time. LW received some flack for her involvement with OJ and it does not seem to have hurt her reputation. IDK Most likely, ALV's work won't suffer either. MOO

Really? I'd be embarrassed to ever show my face in public again if I were Alyce.

She lied for a murderer to pad her retirement bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth