trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly why I think the glasses have the wrong prescription. She couldn't possibly have three pairs of prescription glasses, HER prescription, unless someone on the outside got them for her. If she did get her eyes examined while in jail, she may get one pair with very inexpensive frames.

MOO

Was just thinking about how Jodi may be fake wearing glasses just for the trial. Of all the pictures that are out there with her and Travis and their vacation photos and stuff. Is there even 1 picture with her in glasses?

I dont recall any.

I've been out of town for the last 5 days, and so I haven't been able to closely follow, especially today, but Lenore Walker.....She is a giant in the field of domestic violence, for sure. She has tirelessly toiled on behalf of abused women everywhere, and for that she earns my respect and admiration.

But if I understand this correctly, ALV is the 'expert' witness who is towing Lenore's line, in that, no woman who claims she has been abused or battered should ever be questioned about it. Any woman who claims to be a victim of DV should be believed no matter what. And Jodi Arias is the proof that this is a false policy.

If I'm wrong, straighten me out, please.

IDK, but Ms. Walker was on NG tonight and she seems skeptical about Jodi's claims. She doesn't see it. So ALV may have her own set of beliefs.

Was just thinking about how Jodi may be fake wearing glasses just for the trial. Of all the pictures that are out there with her and Travis and their vacation photos and stuff. Is there even 1 picture with her in glasses?

I dont recall any.

JA said on the witness stand that she didn't realize she needed glasses until in 2010 (in jail) she tried on someone else's glasses and found out how much more clearly she could see.

(maybe they were rose-colored glasses???!!!)
:D

Wrong and wrong! Jeebus. You mean they couldn't find ANYONE with a freaking SAG card that looked even a LITTLE like either TA or JA? No. Just no. :facepalm:

But Rob Lowe could def play Dr. Horn. And Dustin Hoffman could be JM (although a few decades too old, bummer).

Why would you think that Dustin Hoffman would do a Lifetime movie?

That is what I noticed and at one point yesterday they were at the tip of her nose. She obviously cannot see close up with them on as on several occasions she has taken them off to read something. Assuming, because of her age that she is somewhat near-sighted (cannot see distances) if the glasses are not her prescription, they would do more harm than good.

Although, as I've said, this is more like malingering due to her dislike of the testimony than a migraine.

MOO

You may be right, given her histrionic personality, it would make perfect sense that she would get a prescription for a minor near-sighted problem and then try to wear them all the time when she didn't really need to -- and of course, reading with them would be absolutely silly and a highway to a headache. I know when I first started wearing glasses I didn't really need them that often -- mostly just when my eyes were tired. That may be the sort of thing we're seeing here -- and it would explain her gyrations with them on and off, up the nose and down, not the kind of thing you see when someone needs glasses and they are helping you to see well -- because if that's true, when you take them off, you obviously can't see as well because your muscles are adjusted to the prescription.

I dont recall any.

Nope. Not one (not even in her childhood). Although she could have had contacts and she would not be allowed them in jail - and would have to have medicaid glasses. I don't think she needs glasses. She does have a lazy eye and that's why I assumed she was wearing corrective lenses (to strengthen the ocular muscles to steer the eyeball straight).

She's borrowing glasses or her attorneys are giving them to her to wear. It's been done in the past. If you notice, Jodi doesn't have glasses on in TV interviews either (why? Because she wants to be "pretty" and she can see just fine).

:goodpost:Especially if she didn't say it. AZ Lawyer already stated that she didn't. As well as another poster that is a audio engineer and he has already stated on several different threads that she did not say this..she said "You betcha" answering the Doctor's request to see the document she was speaking about. CASE CLOSED. Lets move on.

This is how things get so misconstrued in the media. IMO:banghead:
Thanks

I guess this would be a legal question for the lawyers on the board. What, if anything, can the prosecution do with the phone interview of Lenore Walker on NG tonight that disputes what the defense lawyer said about her not using the 6 points to classify battered partner syndrome? She flat out plainly lied to the witness while asking her about her knowledge of this. Is there any issue with her actions on this?

IDK, but Ms. Walker was on NG tonight and she seems skeptical about Jodi's claims. She doesn't see it. So ALV may have her own set of beliefs.

Wow, if that is true, I am greatly heartened. This woman is truly a towering figure in DV, and if she truly is doubtful about Jodi's allegations, that is huge.

She's also too young for reading glasses in an a-typical case. She's not noted to have any high fever illnesses or accidents, so it's unlikely she would suddenly need these before the age of 35. Her glasses aren't hers.

I've been out of town for the last 5 days, and so I haven't been able to closely follow, especially today, but Lenore Walker.....She is a giant in the field of domestic violence, for sure. She has tirelessly toiled on behalf of abused women everywhere, and for that she earns my respect and admiration.

But if I understand this correctly, ALV is the 'expert' witness who is towing Lenore's line, in that, no woman who claims she has been abused or battered should ever be questioned about it. Any woman who claims to be a victim of DV should be believed no matter what. And Jodi Arias is the proof that this is a false policy.

If I'm wrong, straighten me out, please.

I am no fan of Lenore Walker. I posted earlier today in the rebuttal thread that Lenore Walker was on the witness list to testify on behalf of OJ Simpson that he wasn't an abuser. This, after he pleaded guilty to assaulting his wife (Nicole Brown, whom he later killed by, inter alia, slitting her throat). There were photos of her with black eyes and he even beat her in front of witnesses. Ms. Walker may have started a good thing by bringing the notion of domestic violence to the attention of many, but anyone who was prepared to testify that OJ Simpson did not abuse his wife (after all, murder is the ultimate act of domestic violence) has no respect from me.

Originally Posted by Sulamith
I wanted to get more info on Lenore Walker and found that she is a pioneer in DV, like Alyce LaViolette. LW was an OJ Simpson defense witness and interviewed him. I don't know a whole lot about Simpson's trial as I was too busy working and going to school at that time. LW received some flack for her involvement with OJ and it does not seem to have hurt her reputation. IDK Most likely, ALV's work won't suffer either. MOO

Did LW look straight at the jury and outright lie as ALV did?

IDK, just started reading about LW. All I know right now is that LW testifying for OJ's defense team angered some, had the possibility of hurting her career. I don't care what happens to either ALV or LW. I am just following this trial and like to discuss the trial, not so much the nitpicking of the entire defense team or the judge.

Wrong and wrong! Jeebus. You mean they couldn't find ANYONE with a freaking SAG card that looked even a LITTLE like either TA or JA? No. Just no. :facepalm:

But Rob Lowe could def play Dr. Horn. And Dustin Hoffman could be JM (although a few decades too old, bummer).

I think Joanna Wokalek looks like JA. She played Pope Joan in the movie of the same name. She happens to be a beautiful woman, but in the movie (2009), she looks just like JA now- all drawn and thin. Always remind me of JA. (Sorry don't know how to post pictures.)

I am no fan of Lenore Walker. I posted earlier today in the rebuttal thread that Lenore Walker was on the witness list to testify on behalf of OJ Simpson that he wasn't an abuser. This, after he pleaded guilty to assaulting his wife (Nicole Brown, whom he later killed by, inter alia, slitting her throat). There were photos of her with black eyes and he even beat her in front of witnesses. Ms. Walker may have started a good thing by bringing the notion of domestic violence to the attention of many, but anyone who was prepared to testify that OJ Simpson did not abuse his wife (after all, murder is the ultimate act of domestic violence) has no respect from me.

I totally agree, we are definitely on the same page. It sounds to me, like she has not evolved along with the increase in violent women, and changed her views on DV with 'the times'.

I will be absolutely shocked if we have court tomorrow.

I think the judge is going to insist upon it. I bet she threatens JA that she will be set up in another location with a video monitor to watch the proceedings from a bed, just to get things back on track. I hope so anyway.

JA gave me her headache..I won't be in court the rest of the evening.

First of all..that green shirt would give anyone a headache.
2)..her glasses don't 'look' right. She doesn't appear to be helped by them, and as far as I can tell, she forgets them too much for them to be useful. Also, she fiddles with them waay too much.
III..if she s taking migraine prophylaxis, why the headaches? When I have one, I can barely open my eyes and sit up..
D. When will JW need a sick day..as irritating as Nurmi is, as long as sex isn't the subject, at least he isn't snarky.

This should have been fairly simple. She killed him. No ninjas. No abuse. No seff-defense. Pictures. Blood. This is a travisty, and I don't mean that as a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member