trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court start time is the same as my husband's idea of time....I'll do it later, I'll do it in a sec, etc. which really means it could be sometime in the next century.

I think he may go with your second one, "Your Honor, I call for a mistrial because this is making Miss Arias sick."

Or maybe 'We can't defend her properly because we forgot to give all the information to the Prosecution"?

That part of yesterday (Rule 15) was strange.

K

That's because they did not do it right. The only state in the USA that still has hanging on the books is New Hampshire as far as I know and of course it has not been used since who knows when.

My home State getting a shout out. Of course, they still have it on the books. No taxes, liquor available right off interstate, etc.

Live Free or Die!

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Did anyone from the courtroom say there were juror questions in the box? I missed it. TIA

I think I read there was only one....:what: they don't find her testimony
incredulous!

Anyone want to take a wild quests at what Nurmi will call a mistrial on today?
I will go with " our DT does not do their homework, and is getting boomeranged at ever turn by the witness, your honor its just not fair."

Or " our defendant doesn't like being here, it's giving her headaches and anxiety"

My guess:

"Everyone with the prosecution is more popular than me and it makes my brain scramble and feeeeel really baaaad."

Good morning. I hope we are off to the races soon!

gif4-1357917060.gif

I Love it!!!!!!! :floorlaugh:

Court start time is the same as my husband's idea of time....I'll do it later, I'll do it in a sec, etc. which really means it could be sometime in the next century.

I've never seen a case like it- take a day off, take an afternoon off, take the weekend off, make that a long weekend. This jury must be livid. :banghead:

Time to walk The Puggles and pretend to do some housey type work around here till trial time...I've learned my lesson. No racing back from the store by a certain time....nope, not me...won't do it.... yeah. Oooooohkay..... LOL
I'll be right here, in my seat, at attention at the announced start time. And we can all say what we say every day about that time....
Be back later. Stay safe all. Prayers to IL, TX, MA...prayers to ALL :)

I think he may go with your second one, "Your Honor, I call for a mistrial because this is making Miss Arias sick."

Jodi probably saw how being sick got juror number 11 off so she thought she would give it a try herself.

Or maybe 'We can't defend her properly because we forgot to give all the information to the Prosecution"?

That part of yesterday (Rule 15) was strange.

K

This is the rebuttal stage of the trial. If this evidence was not presented by defense during the trial or brought up by JM in rebuttal, defense can't bring it in as new evidence. The fact that they never disclosed it before to the State is a discovery violation.

My day will be perfect if I hear or see that JW's gross misinformation about LW is revealed in open court, in front of the jury. I just want to see that error out in the light of day. Apparently ALV and RS aren't the only ones who do some sloppy work.

And even if it does not get hammered, DrJD handled it so smooth it won't be a big deal, I actually liked that she "was not aware" of what JW said and freely admitted it...course now we know she was not aware because it was not true. LOL

Mornin sleuthers, I can't believe Jodi got another so called migraine. I think it was so JW can spend some more time learning how to cross a witness though I think Jodi gets a lot of pleasure knowing every wasted hour causes Travis' family stress.:furious:

I saw some posters say after listening to Dr.D that they felt a bit sad for Jodi. I don't at all, she preys on people who have compassion and if you begin to feel any compassion just remember how manipulative she is.

That's why she's so sure "no jury would ever convict her" mix a reasonably high IQ, BPD, narcissism and pure evil and you have Jodi.:abnormal:

O/T I was really excited to have today start until it did at 4am and after eight inches of rain over night, I now have three inches in my lower level consisting of a family room and DD's bedroom:tears::tears::tears::tears:

I'm in the Chicago suburbs, anyone else having the same type of day. If so :therethere:, Right here with ya.

Mornin back at yo. My eyes and brain are still asleep ... When I read your message I read Nomen sleuthers (like we are are digging us out some word derivations) ha, ha. If it ever stops snowing here and starts melting, they are predicting dangerous flood levels on the Red and Sheyenne. Hope you get the water out...

I have to go take a shower...hope when I get back, 20 pages of posts haven't gone by.

If you know anything about migraines, stress can be a major trigger. I have had migraines since I was a child and had them into my 30's. Once I left a very stressful job, I no longer had migraines.

I think when Dr. DeMarte took the stand and broke down Jodi's testimony, personality and all her excuses, it overwhelmed Jodi. You could tell from her obsessive drawing and note taking that she was angry and seething inside. The past few days have been very stressful for her.

There are different levels to migraines and some are more debilitating than others. You can have a migraine, take some medicine and still work or function. Other migraines which involve an aura, flashing lights, numbness on one side of your body, vomiting, pain, confusion, and sensitivity to lights can be debilitating.

Jodi seems to have a milder type and she probably could function fine taking medication. She is milking this condition so she does not have to listen to this Dr. peel back the layers and revel the monster. :furious:
I agree, when I get a migraine I can definitely feel it coming on at least a few hours before it hits full force. When they do I can't even stand the sound of my own breathing. For the couple of hours before the full force migraine, it's a headache along with severe light sensitivity. I never saw her shield her eyes and the biggest proof that these are fake is the fact that when the judge cancelled for the day, Jodi coughed. Someone experiencing a full blown migraine WOULD NOT cough, unless you like the feeling of your skull exploding.:moo: She's a lying manipulator and karma is coming for her.

Anyone want to take a wild quests at what Nurmi will call a mistrial on today?
I will go with " our DT does not do their homework, and is getting boomeranged at ever turn by the witness, your honor its just not fair."

Or " our defendant doesn't like being here, it's giving her headaches and anxiety"

Well...HLN was showing a sneak peek at a Lifetime movie about Jodi last night so that would be my guess. Lord help us all.

Glorious Good Morrow, Sleuthers!

Say chaps, I've been thinking about our dear Dr. D, and I've finally discovered what it is about her that seems so familiar to me. She truly does resemble a big cat, like a puma or leopard, and she was looking at JW like, "Hello, lunch!" I mean, JW kept trying to rattle her with absolutely inane minutiae (the copyright questions will go down in the history of jurisprudence as a singularly horrible example of an attempt to impeach a witness), but Dr. D kept giving her this rather fixed predatory gaze as if to say, "you'd be good with barbecue sauce."

I rather expect her to show up this morning wearing a smartly coordinated lobster bib.

I think you're on to something, Sleuth! I can't get that image out of my mind now, lol. She does look like she's ready to pounce on JM, and I'm sure she would love to have her laptop back! JA is so intimidated by Dr. D, she had to feign a migraine to escape her claws! Today should be veddy, veddy interesting.

This may have been pointed out already, and if so forgive me, but near the beginning of today's testimony (maybe 20 or 30 minutes in) the camera cuts to JA showi g her notebook to Nurmi. Nurmi reads what she's written, looks at her and nods.

Wouldn't it be interesting if JA had written "If this doesn't go well, I'll feel a headache coming on."

I want to hear what you think she may have written.

"The cross examination is going well, wouldn't you concurify? Shall I keep drawing and encouraging Secrets to Attract into this venue of loquasicalitude?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela