trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think, at the moment of the head shot, that Travis Alexander was dead. He was mortally wounded, but the "post mortem" appearance of the head wound was due, in part, to there being essentially no blood flow to the head.

If this was the case with Travis Alexander, that once his throat was cut his body still struggled to stay alive, and I have no reason to think that the throat cutting of Travis Alexander was any different than the sample I've seen, then Jodi Arias resorted to the gun as a coup de grace, to finish it because, despite what she saw in movies, killing someone is a lot harder and takes longer than she counted on.

<respectfully snipped for space>

This is a brilliant post and I completely agree with your assessment.

Like you, I've seen many of the videos. The brutality is unimaginable. I don't know if you would agree, but many times I wish that I hadn't seen them. I have been irrevocably changed after viewing them, perhaps for the worse.

As it relates to this case, you are spot on about what actually happened. Given her embarrassing level of delusion, I honestly believe she thought it would be easy, like what we see in the movies. She underestimated TA's will to live, thereby transforming a murder into something that rivals the stuff of unfathomable horror.

I have read many posts from people who oppose the death penalty. They will always have my respect, even though I wholeheartedly disagree. You and I know more (perhaps a lot more than we should) about what really transpires during an execution like this. The intentional level of depravity cannot and should not go unpunished.

I pray that the jury gets it right.

:croc::waiting::laughcry:

The questioning really is stupid and out of line and may I say...

she must move on she must stop this insanity..is her client telling her what and how to ask questions?
Also: showing a copyrighted paper as she did after saying it was wrong for her to do it..am I confusing you? well join the club! This line of questions is only to fill time or drag it out or?:HHJP:

I feel for Willmott right now as an attorney. Whatever her reasons to agreeing for this case, I do believe she will suffer greatly from it. I think she's angry, after months of hatred, and critism who wouldn't be angry? Unfortunately, I think its showing. The NG clip last night has to be a huge blow to her career. Whatever information on forensic Psychology and DV she got was faulty.

Not only will Martinez shred it and make her look ridiculous and uneducated, but it seems like a nail in the coffin to her career-- I can't imagine people lining up outside their offices to defend them now, and she has a large amount of negativity from spectators that will rejoice in her failure.

I don't think her cross was meant to be unintentionally misleading, I think she either misinterpreted and/or didn't understand what information was given to her. That is a lot of pressure and stress to handle as a person with real feelings. On top of a client who has no issues requesting such nonsense, she has to as her attorney bring up. I think Willmott needs a lot of support from people close to her right now.

I wish I could feel sorry for Ms. Wilmott, but I can't find a shred of sympathy for her. Her job as a lawyer is to be prepared, to understand the area she is responsible for and be able to utilize that understanding in a logical, non emotional way and without snark. I have heard varying numbers as to how many "experts" reveiwed this case for the defense and turned down the case. With that in mind, Ms. Wilmott should have realized there were some problems.

I will give her a hand for continuing to search for someone to represent the defendent but it stops there. Ms. Wilmott accepted an agenda driven and biased "expert" who could never accept she could possibly be wrong. This recent cross has been silly and unprofessional and appears to be being conducted under the teachings of the so called expert with the same bias and agenda. Ms. Wilmott, Mr. Nurmi, and the defendent have been hoodwinked by their own expert. They allowed it, accepted it, and now must deal with it. Their choice.

I feel for Willmott right now as an attorney. Whatever her reasons to agreeing for this case, I do believe she will suffer greatly from it. I think she's angry, after months of hatred, and critism who wouldn't be angry? Unfortunately, I think its showing. The NG clip last night has to be a huge blow to her career. Whatever information on forensic Psychology and DV she got was faulty.

Not only will Martinez shred it and make her look ridiculous and uneducated, but it seems like a nail in the coffin to her career-- I can't imagine people lining up outside their offices to defend them now, and she has a large amount of negativity from spectators that will rejoice in her failure.

I don't think her cross was meant to be unintentionally misleading, I think she either misinterpreted and/or didn't understand what information was given to her. That is a lot of pressure and stress to handle as a person with real feelings. On top of a client who has no issues requesting such nonsense, she has to as her attorney bring up. I think Willmott needs a lot of support from people close to her right now.

Thoughtful post, Breezy...

I am apologizing in advance for my question...

I listened to some of the trial yesterday.... But not all of it...

could someone be so kind to explain where JW demonstrated a lack of information in a certain area of psychology... And how it was presented?

I have been trying to get the gist of this situation from all of you Sleuthers' terrific posts... But I am still confused... :blushing:

here are some treats for your efforts...

:coffeews: :cupcake:

TIA...:seeya:

one thing that's bugged me since it happened was that little tidbit RS threw out there about jodi having a knife held to her throat when she was 13.

where the hell did that come from? i guess it's just going to hang out there and not be addressed again but it's stuck in my head.

Yes! I've been waiting for the DT to reference that again. I thought maybe Samuels would dwell on it, but poof! Another lie wasted, and after Arias went to all that trouble to make it up.

Northside of Chicago here. It is not in my basement yet but my backyard is a pond. We got several inches i. Our basement a few years ago (2007?).

Hugs!!!

Yes, 2007... Hubby and I were trying to remember if it was 06 or 07. Yes that was the last time we had everything remodeled due to flooding. O'well, so many in worse shape than us this past week. Hope you only sustain your new in ground pool vs an indoor one.

I've always thought she shot him after pretty much decapitating him because he was dying noisily. As in gurgles and moans :facepalm:

I think she shot him although I think the knife IS Jodi's weapon of choice, up close and personal, is because she wanted people to think there were 2 intruders. 2 weapons = 2 intruders = 2 "Ninjas" story. Plus, having the gun along...in case any pesky room-mates or friends showed up unannounced, clean and easy. She wouldn't be so personal with them.

O/T. I just looked at some video of the blast in West, Texas at the fertilizer plant. I am amazed anyone survived. Even an apartment complex blew up. Please pray for all these people. They say there are major injuries.

Last night they said four square blocks were on fire. We've stopped in West on the way to San Antonio to look at a 67 Corvette that was sitting in a field. Is West before the spaceship house and where they grow telephone poles or after?

I wonder what JA will do when she finds out that she cannot participate in the prison "American Idol" program or any other if she gets death row sentence?

If she thinks she has a headache now, just wait until she is taken to her single cell and hears the door slam shut.

Her total isolation and 23 hours a day in her cell is the only reason I want the death penalty. I think she would thrive in a gen pop prison--she's a warped parasitical predator with aggression and anger problems. She deserves to be all by herself for the rest of her life. JMO

In regard to all the posts about Jodi sneaking pencils out of court, I started wondering what else she could want pencils for and found the following article:

"3 Inmates Swallow Pencils: Get out of Jail"

http://www.peoplesdefender.com/main.asp?SectionID=13&SubSectionID=83&ArticleID=135761

I started wondering if perhaps Jodi has a different intention for sneaking/stealing pencils other than the obvious and regular use... What other (nefarious) things can pencils be used for?

-Stabbing
-Swallowing
-put in her lips to pretend she's a vampire...lol!
-????

Because she can't get any tootsie rolls?:blushing:

O/t hope everyone in the Midwest stays safe. Sounds like bad weather is and will be happening.

Juan could only have spent around four hours on his own witness on Monday.

Wilmott is up to how much already? Would seven be a fair guess?

I think she shot him although I think the knife IS Jodi's weapon of choice, up close and personal, is because she wanted people to think there were 2 intruders. 2 weapons = 2 intruders = 2 "Ninjas" story. Plus, having the gun along...in case any pesky room-mates or friends showed up unannounced, clean and easy. She wouldn't be so personal with them.

ITA. She was already hinting to Det. Flores on that phone call after they found the body that Travis was so strong--she couldn't imagine how anyone could overpower him. She was planting the seed that there HAD to be 2 perps.

Just hoping all of our trial watchers, and websleuths members are all doing OK this morning. I just opened my eyes to learn a part of Texas blew up. :facepalm: We have soooo many people here from Texas, I thought about you all immediately. I am thinking about you all and hoping you are OK. :(

Just a reminder of how selfish Jodi is being. There are wicked things that happen in this world, terrible things that are no one's fault. People who put their lives on the line to help others. And here we have Jodi. Effecting so many people's lives negatively all becuase she is jealous. Not right, not right at all.

Yesterday Clancy was in the court room. That is the girl Jodi cried about being all over Travis becuase she was drunk and Travis enjoying it, which made Jodi oh so upset. Of course the story was not so however she is VERY jealous of Clancy. So much that even though she was sick she was still able to flash a nasty look at the family section before she left... as per Katie from the trial watchers thread. When I learned she was in the court room I had to :lol: some more. I wish she could be there every day. In fact I wish they could just fill up the court room with all of the women who Jodi was jealous of, all looking gorgeous, happy and free while she sits there in her ugly green shirt.

Look at it this way:

We can't be sure why Arias brought the gun. I would tend to think it was out of the adage "better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it", due to whatever "plan" she had for the murder itself not really being solid in her mind, or to deal with inadvertency, witnesses or the possibility of taking out someone else if Travis was on the couch with another women.

But in the actual murder itself none of the wounds were immediately fatal. The stab to the inferior vena cava and pericardium would have been eventually fatal, but not immediately. The stab wounds to the back and slashes to the head were mostly superficial, being stopped by bone. The most devastating and fatal wound was the throat cut.

Now, there's really no subtle way to put this: Cutting people's throats and videotaping it has become a preferred terror tactic. They did it in Iraq, during the Chechen War and Mexican drug cartels do it. Many of these videos have ended up on the internet. I've seen a lot of them.

No one ever dies easy this way. In all the videos, even when a person's throat is cut down to the spine relatively quickly resulting in unconsciousness within 30 seconds or so, unconscious doesn't mean dead. It doesn't mean peaceful either. Even with the blood flow to the brain interrupted, the body still struggles to breathe. In the end it may come as "agonal breathing" where maybe a handful of reflexive breaths are taken in a minute. Before that, the body will work at breathing, sometimes almost hyperventilating even though the person is unconscious. On top of that, the breathing is done with copious amounts of blood flowing into the sectioned trachea, the victim is essentially drowning in their own blood. The body will struggle, writhe, fight in a purposeless manner to continue autonomic functions. This will continue until the person doing the cutting works their way through the vertebrae and cuts the spinal cord, which is no easy feat with a knife, or until the dying person runs out of steam in a minute or two...or three.

It's not pretty. It is, in fact, horrific. That is why cartels, for example, videotape it to show what happens to rival cartel members and others that would cross them.

I don't think, at the moment of the head shot, that Travis Alexander was dead. He was mortally wounded, but the "post mortem" appearance of the head wound was due, in part, to there being essentially no blood flow to the head.

If this was the case with Travis Alexander, that once his throat was cut his body still struggled to stay alive, and I have no reason to think that the throat cutting of Travis Alexander was any different than the sample I've seen, then Jodi Arias resorted to the gun as a coup de grace, to finish it because, despite what she saw in movies, killing someone is a lot harder and takes longer than she counted on.

Oh my goodness. I got sick just reading this. I could never, ever watch anything so gruesome.

The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows to watch, but lately it has gotten so gruesome I have to look away at some of the scenes. And that's just a TV show with dummies and fake blood.

I can't imagine seeing the real thing.

I think if she saves JA from the death penalty she will be popular with the guilty set. There are people that are guilty of the crime, As Jodi is. This is not about guilt really.. This is about saving her from death. I think if she can do that for Jodi, It is a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove