trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #152

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what is happening - why haven't we started again?

JW has been scoring many points. Her diagnosis for BDP disorder does seem a bit shaky.

I'm hoping that JM doesn't give a half-assed redirect/cross-examine this time.

I see it differently for a couple of reasons: 1) I don't think Willmott is very effective in undermining Demarte's conclusions although she is getting across the point that this expert agrees that Travis behaved in appropriately and sometimes engaged in poor communication style, and 2) More importantly, I really don't think there are any points to be scored with respect to the BPD diagnosis. The diagnosis is completely irrelevant other than as an alternate explanation for Jodi's behaviors as opposed to PTSD or BWS. Even Jodi's expert diagnosed her with a personality disorder. What's important from this witness is her conclusion that Jodi does not have PTSD and does not meet the criteria for Battered Woman Syndrome.

JA's complexion seems to get lighter and lighter. To me, her complexion is too light for her dark hair and dark eyes. I wonder if she is wearing too light makeup to purposely look pale. Her complexion seems off to me.

She isn't allowed to wear any makeup at all.

:seeya: I hope I don't miss Mr. Martinez this afternoon, because I have to go ...

I don't care if I miss the disastrous Willmott ... but don't want to miss Mr. M ...

Check for updates from y'all later !

Have a nice day !

:please: Justice for Travis !!!

Several of those jury questions indicate a belief in Jodi. And yes, the jury asks better questions than Juan.

I would have to strongly disagree here. Listening to the jury questions-it leads me to believe they don't believe JA.

JUMPING OFF YOUR POST - is anyone as surprised as me that the attorneys (on both sides) haven't relayed information about testimony in the trial to their experts?
I was shocked there was so much ALV wasn't aware of, and now we are seeing some of it with Dr D. Any ideas?

I rewatched ALV's cross last night. IMOO, she was so biased she didn't care about anything that didn't back up Jodi's story (she saw no pattern of Jodi lying, only Travis, she said this with a straight face) and if she did find something that didn't fit her theory, she just tossed aside because it was only a tiny PART OF THE CONTEXT and she was LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE (she said this 156,895 times during cross.)

I think DD found out what she needed to do her job. But JW just adores shrieking "YOU WEREN'T AWARE OF THAT?! YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT?! HHMMMMMMM!" anytime she can.

I wasn't able to follow along with you all this morning . . but when Dr. D said she could not confirm JA was the one who deleted the photos because she was not present @ the time . . . I kept thinking . . .well - it wasn't TA because he was deceased.

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 26s
hWild is not sure hwhat the delay is for. hWild sits patiently and waits. Everyone is here, hwe ahwait the judge. #JodiArias

I would like to know more about the defendants other job of watching the little boy.

We all know that her story telling seems to encompass parts of what may have really happened on June 4th, while mixing it in with all of her lies.

Makes me wonder if this small boy that she was watching is the same boy that she "claims" Travis befriended?

I think it's interesting too that she only had this job for a few months....why? did she blow it off too much and family said goodbye or was she not good with the child, just wonder why such a short stint

She got JD to admit that it is possible to delete photos in a "fight or flight" state of mind. JW made other statements to confuse the jury about the deleted photos.

She has undermined JD's diagnosis for BPD by pointing several things out. The email, for example, contained something not previously seen -- "I vent and scream too but on very rare occasions".

She got JD to concede that Travis was "abusive" to her.

I think these small concessions actually work in the witnesses favor. She is being unbiased, unlike the DT's two 'experts.'

And she conceded only that he was calling her names, at one point, but not that he was ever physically abusive. And the only thing between Jodi and a GUILTY verdict is proving that Travis was physically, violently abusive. And that has not happened yet.

She did know. She read it in the police report that the camera was found in the machine and had gone thru a wash cycle and that the photos had been deleted\. But JW tried to trick her and convince her that it is not known who deleted them.

JD was smart to step back and say although she was sure that he had not deleted the ones after he was being dragged, [well done] , she assumed that the rest were done by the killer.

JD was in a mine field so I think she did well.

I just read Det. Flores police report again, and he writes that the camera seemed to have been put through a wash cycle. JW not only said to DrD today that it wasn't known who deleted the pics, she also seemed to find something sinister in DrD's understanding that the camera had been put through a wash cycle. As unimportant as that exchange was in the scheme of things, that was the craziest JW has seemed to me during this trial.

You do realize she isn't "outside" much nowadays..lol

JA's complexion seems to get lighter and lighter. To me, her complexion is too light for her dark hair and dark eyes. I wonder if she is wearing too light makeup to purposely look pale. Her complexion seems off to me.

She got JD to admit that it is possible to delete photos in a "fight or flight" state of mind. JW made other statements to confuse the jury about the deleted photos.

She has undermined JD's diagnosis for BPD by pointing several things out. The email, for example, contained something not previously seen -- "I vent and scream too but on very rare occasions".

She got JD to concede that Travis was "abusive" to her.

IIRC, JD admitted that it was possible to delete ALL the photos in a "fight or flight" state of mind but not selectively delete photos.

Undermined JD's BPD diagnosis with that one data point - hardly. There is plenty of other evidence from family and friends that venting and screaming was common to Arias.

JD conceded that TA was verbally "abusive" in the communication on 5/26/08. Hardly a pattern of the continuing abuse the DT wants you to believe ...

Kensie...I can so see an outline of a german shepherd in your avatar's eye.

Are you able to list the points she won? I must have missed most of them.

I totally disagree. Her diagnosis for BPD, on direct examination, was straight out of the DSM. She went criterion by criterion, exemplified each with a specfic action, behavior or pattern of past behaviors by Jodi. Textbook diagnosis period. It is Willmont who is totally clueless.

anyone know what time 1:25 court starts?

LOl-Mothernature-random-24654193-800-640.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member