trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #152

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bet one of the jury questions will be if JA ever said if the little boy she watched wore spiderman undies......LOL

Not really..

We just established you can't obtain additional information or context from someone who is dead... So you're saying you can't get more info from someone who is dead? Ans Yes.. because they are deceased.

That's about it..

HLN just played that. I wanted to throw my TV out the damn window. JW is absolutely disgusting.

I like this witness - she is not trying to "edify" Travis as perfect or without fault. I've always agreed that those nasty text messages Travis sent Jodi were inappropriate and should not be excused -- although his reaction is understandable when you understand the context. Demarte does a good job of explaining this, without excusing Travis' behavior.

Compare her approach to Jodi's witnesses.

Yes...the "other jobs".... Though I was not aware of the "caretaker" job. We know she did a very brief stint modeling sportswear, and I guess prepaid legal is a job......anyone else?

Sigh... we're now late for the afternoon-convening sidebar.

How is it that Demarte did not know that it was JA who deleted the photos? Why was she not provided with this pertinent information?

JA claims she did not delete the photos. She claims Travis deleted some. The defence doesn't want to substantiate that JA remembers deleting them.

someone should send this judge a dictionary with the word prompt highlighted several times :banghead:

I made a bar chart that shows the time lapses between photos that were on the memory card of TA's camera. Note the gap in time from standing to sitting between pics 18 and 19 and the gaps following... The 2 thumbnails are small versions of the linked documents :-)

picture.php

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0jycYA2sAz-bm51N3JuRmtoZk0/edit?usp=sharing

picture.php

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0jycYA2sAz-bjktZ1h4U2xDbEU/edit?usp=sharing
Wow, great job! Thank you!

Doors closed on my fingers again. lol

Thanks to you both for sharing. To someone like me, still trying to get inside the heads of peeps like this, this information helps me understand.
I'm sorry for anyone who has had to experience something like this, and I hope you all know the good you are doing for others by sharing.
God bless. :clap:

My experience with BPD was a little different, but that's because the BPD person is my mother so the relationship is different. That said what others have described is right on the mark I've seen those behaviors out of my mom with her ex-husband. He was either an angel or the devil, never in between for her. With me I was the security blanket and if I didn't behave as such I would be treated as if I didn't matter nor exist to her. Prior to her getting married, when I was in maybe 11 or 12, I remember one time she broke up with one of a very long string of boyfriends and didn't want to sleep in her bed alone so she demanded I sleep in her bed with her. She snored and had a waterbed and I just didn't like sleeping in it. One night I snuck out of her bed and went for my own...she acted as if I had done something worthy of disowning me and treated me like I didn't exist for a week unless she was chiding me for something or directing me to something for her, then all of a sudden it was like nothing happened. Very confusing for a kid, but I learned to adapt to her behavior...err I guess that would be maladapt, but whatever. She's still like that, but now that I'm older (33 :what:) I'm very careful at setting clear and firm boundries with her and that helps in avoiding her undesirable behavior much better.

Several of those jury questions indicate a belief in Jodi. And yes, the jury asks better questions than Juan.

I interpret the questions that could be perceived as pro-defense as one or more of the jurors trying to resolve things in his/her/their mind(s).

I could be wrong but I don't think its an indication that they believe the defense's position...just trying to rule something in or out. Being diligent and thorough.

Several of those jury questions indicate a belief in Jodi. And yes, the jury asks better questions than Juan.

Which questions show their belief in Jodi?
the questions they asked last time were pretty much the same questions JM had asked but ALV refused to answer. Clearly they thought they were good questions and wanted an answer!

Obviously Jodi did something to provoke Travis' anger but we do not know what that was because there is no one to tell us why other than Jodi. Dr. D. was talking about this was not a pattern for Travis other than in this specific message. We have no idea what happened but it appears it was pretty bad from Travis' point of view. While he may have made remarks to her previously it does not appear to be his overall pattern to constantly degrade her, which is what JW is trying to get her to say.

and it was here that JW tried to act all confused & tried to confuse the jury....I hope the jury caught what the good Dr was saying

I think, but could be wrong because who the heck knows how JW thinks...

But I think she was trying to prove (big huge eye rolley here) that Jodi was in such a fog that she did something that would be considered abnormal - like throw a camera in a washing machine rather than take it with her. Because DD was proving that Jodi actually had a cognitive thought process which is normally absent in a fight/flight situation.... DD was proving that she was NOT in a flight/fight situation because Jodi had the cognitive thought process to 1. delete certain, but not all pictures and 2. attempt to destroy evidence by throwing it in the wash believing the water would destroy the camera and everything on it.

I think DD did well, I only wish she would have been able to thrown in ^^ that information as to WHY Jodi did what she did and how it disproves fight/flight.

Thing is..it was Travis' camera, and belonged at the house. So if it was in Jodi's car, that would have been a problem..if it was taken would have been said was she who took it, why would the ninjas have taken it. So it stayed. Rather dumb reasoning on JWs part, IMO

Are you able to list the points she won? I must have missed most of them.

She got JD to admit that it is possible to delete photos in a "fight or flight" state of mind. JW made other statements to confuse the jury about the deleted photos.

She has undermined JD's diagnosis for BPD by pointing several things out. The email, for example, contained something not previously seen -- "I vent and scream too but on very rare occasions".

She got JD to concede that Travis was "abusive" to her.

Hey everyone, please keep all of us in Southern Indiana, Kentucky, on down to Memphis, TN in prayer. We have severe storms headed this way during the night hours, already having strong winds and under tornado watches. Thanks so much!

:seeya:
Stay safe!!!!!!, our's just pretty much blew over, never even seen lightening for all the warnings we got. My online weatherbug was chirping away alerting me.
Now I can watch the trial in peace.

Especially if most of the name calling was during April/May 2008. JA did something nasty and evil during that time which made Travis absolutely furious.

The correct response from Travis would be to tell friends and family, and call the authorities with evidence to get a restraining order--IF our society taught, or even rewarded men for doing these things. So given the courts LaViolettesque approach to women who do these things as insignificant, and the fact society has shamed boys from telling when he's being hurt by a woman.. My feelings on him reacting this way is completely justified.

It reminds me of this True Life I saw. The woman poured bleach all over the man's clothes as he was attempting to pack his belongings and leave, poured water all over his TV in his truck, and got confrontational with him multiple times. She called the police, he barely said a word as she stood in his path of leaving and screamed at him, and the cops told him he needed to stop getting his things and leave.

Society accepts crazy women as harmless, and even "normal", depending on what preceived wrong doing a man does. A man cheats? Some women will cheer on slapping, kicking, or even the extreme murder.

We can classify abused women in criteria, its about time we classify reactions from men in the context of vile, abusive relationships.

I hope this case changes this for men, I really, really hope Travis' death can at least save other men from women like Jodi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankfurtfun