trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone else, upthread, offered the possibility that Nurmi's question regarding the cash was to establish that if JA was trying to hide the 3rd purchase (and therefore the 3rd gas can) she could have paid cash.

MOO

Panthera - Her purchase was for about $34.98 - Who runs into the store and tells the clerk to give you $34.98 exactly?

BBM~ There was no rope imo. Jodi lied about the rope so there is a reason to have the knife in the bathroom. The duct tape though, I am curious about.

I didn't see After Dark, however there was a lengthy discussion about the rope in one of the threads this past weekend. While I think the rope story is a complete sham, I also thought it was strange that Travis would cut the rope with a knife when it would have been faster, easier and safer to cut it with scissors.

Bingo! She had 3 cans, which was pretty much proven today. This is going to end in justice, sooner than later I hope!

"pretty much" is the operative phrase there. I think it was pretty telling that she copped to "human error" on her own right up front and that the jury (or a juror) personally knows how to get around the impenetrable Wal-Mart return system.

When I left, they had just gone for lunch and Deanna was on the stand.
What happened next? anyone? :please::please:

If I recall correctly:
Nurmi was up for a cross exam of Deanna. At first he was very nice and respectful in the questions he asked. Then he started asking her questions like did Travis ever yell and scream at you and lose his temper, did he call you names (like the ones Arias claimed he called her, i.e., 3 hole wonder etc.), asked if Deanna and Travis were sexually intimate (to which she answered yes). how long were they intimate, if they did the kinky stuff like he and Arias, showed Deanna a drawing of a sexy maid outfit and asked if Travis had ever asked her to wear a costume like that, about the rules of LDS rules of chastity and if it was sanctioned to take photos of a certain male body part and send them to anyone, if taking photos of female genitalia was a violation of the law of chastity, why she and Travis broke up (she wanted to marry, he was not ready), if he played her like a yo-yo (on again, off again), if he discouraged her from pursuing a higher education, and lots more. She held her ground and was straightforward in her answers and did not let Nurmi's embarrassing questions throw her. It really is worthwhile watching today's court proceedings on YouTube. Here is a link to 4/23/13 trial which is in 3 or 4 parts [video=youtube;61iIOs56Vgg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61iIOs56Vgg[/video]

Next up was a digital forensic expert and then a recess. I think Defense team including Arias, and, Juan and Steven Alexander were back in chambers. Upon exiting chambers Willmot & Arias were all happy with big, big grins on their faces and then Judge announced court in recess until tomorrow at 1:30 Atlantic time.

I know I have missed alot, but I had 2 really obnoxious, screaming parrots during the trial and I was doing small chores while trying to watch and listen to the live feed. Sorry if my grammar is not up to par. No excuse for that except I am feeling lazy.

Don't remember when the Walmart and Teseco Oil company IT manager testified, but the evidence is sure to cement the premeditaion verdict.

As much as I try to avoid walmart like the plague, I do appreciate their recordkeeping. :) Thanks to walmart Ms. Arias is caught red handed in a another bold face lie.

That question from the Juror to the WalMart employee whether or not a fake "skew" or "sku" number could have been used and the witness said 'NO'...That was a biggie for me...

Panthera - Her purchase was for about $34.98 - Who runs into the store and tells the clerk to give you $34.98 exactly?

I think the point is that she COULD have paid cash if she were being sneaky, but didn't. Not whether she paid cash -- which she didn't. jmo

I didn't see After Dark, however there was a lengthy discussion about the rope in one of the threads this past weekend. While I think the rope story is a complete sham, I also thought it was strange that Travis would cut the rope with a knife when it would have been faster, easier and safer to cut it with scissors.

As you said a sham. He didn't use "scissors," because JA needed a reason (ridiculous) her knife to be handy in the bathroom. I wish HLN After Dark could be permanently removed. I rarely get exposed to so much misinformation as during the few unfortunate times I have seen that "show" at a neighbor's. Those baloney defense attorneys on there don't even get basic facts right.:liar:

First time poster - but long time lurker - back to the "Florida" trial.

I have a couple of questions...please excuse me if they have been talked about before.

Is it possible that Jodi took a "picture of a picture" so the time stamp on Travis' camera would be Jun4 but, in actuality, the nude photos were taken at an early time.

And

Were bullets ever found at the grandparents home - that possibly matched the bullet that was found?

I love this board and I am always in awe of the intelligence and dedication of the posters!

I had been around a family that I hadn't seen for awhile that had serious problems. Those behaviors that we see Jodi do was like some sort of 'shape-shifting' onto her kids. I kid you not, it was one of the creepiest things I've seen in my life. Their appearances almost warped before your eyes. They all had the 'reading your body-language' down pat and would shift to how you reacted. Truth was I didn't know what to do...except google. I worry about Jennifer W. , not that I like her because she doesn't realize how far down the spider-hole she has sunk. A step-back from Jodi and JW might be horrified how she is acting in front of the Judge/jury/public at the defense table.

This is my take on JW - she knows exactly how immature Jodi is, but she plays along with it to "facilitate" their attorney/client relationship. I forgot when, but at some point when the jury was out of the courtroom there was like a little hearing or something on what Martinez could ask Samulels...oh yes I remember it was about Martinez asking Samuels about visiting Jodi after Nurmi told him to go see her because she was depressed...and Wilmott objected b/c she said then that will bring up the whole subject of Nurmi trying to leave the case...anyway at some point she talked about attorney/client, it was important for the client to be an active part of the process and communicate with her attorneys. I think JW is pretty intelligent and she is taking this case very seriously, so she just plays along with Jodi so that Jodi will do her best in the trial, if that makes sense.

There was NO ROPE. JA had to find a way to get a knife into the bedroom. So, she invented a rope scenario that required a knife...Because she doesn't know that most people would probably use scissors to cut a rope. There's even an app called "cut the rope"

http://www.cuttherope.ie

for kids, but as adults, we're supposed to believe that 5" X 1 1/2" blade (hunting knives with guards) are required to cut ropes "in the bedroom".

LOLZ.

How crazy is it that the rope and knife are even being discussed!???

moo
No evidence of rope in any of the naked pics plus in her fog she had the presence of mind to gather the "nooses" used to tie her up and the unused rope that was left in the bathroom? Moreover, Travis had a sleigh bed. I'd like to know what the "nooses" were attached to since there are no posts on a sleigh bed. Another fake story. I hope at least one of the jurors has some experience with bondage play.

Jodi was having the time of her life today. She enjoys hurting people, and she thought that she was getting to hurt Deanna with Nurmi's sewer-brained questions. She had a gloating, smirking, smug look and she would try to catch Deanna's eye. She glared at her many times & when Deanna left the stand it was a look of pure evil from Jodi's face.

Willmott is morphing into her client--and that's got to be bad for business. Act like a professional!! Please!!

Jodi is pure evil. And I know the jury saw that clearly today.

I agree with you that Jodi is pure evil, and you're characterization of her "gloating, smirking, smug look" is exactly correct. She certainly appears to get satisfaction from causing pain and anguish to Travis and his family, as well as to anyone else associated with Travis, if she has even half a chance. We can also thank her DT for encouraging that as well, imo. This DT, Nurmi and Willmott, yes their names need to be emphasized here, are the fertilizer that was applied to help the bad seed, JA, to thrive.

I also want to say that I hope that Willmott and Nurmi can realize at some point, that the price they are paying in their attempts to get this pariah of a "client" off, is not worth selling themselves to the devil. But at this point, I think it's really too late for them. They already have. :(

First time poster - but long time lurker - back to the "Florida" trial.

I have a couple of questions...please excuse me if they have been talked about before.

Is it possible that Jodi took a "picture of a picture" so the time stamp on Travis' camera would be Jun4 but, in actuality, the nude photos were taken at an early time.

And

Were bullets ever found at the grandparents home - that possibly matched the bullet that was found?

I love this board and I am always in awe of the intelligence and dedication of the posters!

:welcome3::Welcome1::welcome5:

BBM~ Exactly. Hence why my TV is turned off and i've banned HLN in the evenings. :seeya:

There was NO ROPE. JA had to find a way to get a knife into the bedroom. So, she invented a rope scenario that required a knife...Because she doesn't know that most people would probably use scissors to cut a rope. There's even an app called "cut the rope"

http://www.cuttherope.ie

for kids, but as adults, we're supposed to believe that 5" X 1 1/2" blade (hunting knives with guards) are required to cut ropes "in the bedroom".

LOLZ.

How crazy is it that the rope and knife are even being discussed!???

moo

Are you saying there is something off or strange about them, or just stating a fact about the time?

Just got on and reading backwards. Something about these photos always bothered me, as do the shower photos. Not the subject matter, but the creepy tone or atmosphere.

Nothing off to me..they took pics like they spoke about three weeks prior on the tape. Only creepy to me because Jodi knew, in her backpack, she had a knife and a gun and she was making a mental list of pics she'd need to delete once she killed the guy she'd just had sex with. :banghead:

The shower pics are even creepier because she didn't even care how they looked, she had him naked , vulnerable and closed in on three sides and all she had to do was get up her nerve enough to stab him in the chest. Such a cold blooded killer

"pretty much" is the operative phrase there. I think it was pretty telling that she copped to "human error" on her own right up front and that the jury (or a juror) personally knows how to get around the impenetrable Wal-Mart return system.

True but the Walmart lady knew her stuff and put it to rest with her answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime