trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense is having the last word (not counting closing arguments) with the surrebuttal witness. And I am not confident that Juan will be able to handle him, especially if SHERRY caves in again and keeps out his shady past.

JM may not be able to mention another trial court sanctioning him and labelling Geffner as a hired gun, but he will be able to ask Geffner if he's edited any of ALV's books, as well as exactly what his relationship to ALV is, IMO.

That alone will sink Geffner's credibility.

This dog is certainly excited to have you around...let's hope you'll stay:

jViXDsi.gif

DArn. I was hoping to hear where JA got the money to fund her lavish lifestyle of breast implants and a possible nose job, beauty salons, flights, travel etc.

NOSE JOB???? you mean it was bigger?????:floorlaugh:

Okay, this is probably something everybody else already 'gets', but I didn't really understand why the pictures with the phone really mattered. We already know Jodi showed up in Mesa with dark hair.
Aside from putting Jodi in Salinas (where she went to the salon) taking pictures of herself with what seems to be her freshly done hair at the same time - Jodi wrote in her own journal on May 22, 2008 that her phone with the 'scandalous calls" had been stolen (the Helio), and she did not have the same phone when she was arrested. My non-einsteinan IQ tells me that both cannot be true. Jodi lies.... a lot.

Maybe she wrote up at least some of the journal entries after the fact? They sure read that way - I had heard some of them on Nancy Grace (probably available on HLN site), but I found a transcription here, under 'before the killing':
http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-journal-entries-2/

He doesn't seem the type to me to be a TH on any show...just sayin'

He already had another case ready to go, I the TH's at HLN are correct. I know, I know...

And I completely agree. I would love to see his take on cases as an expert, but he seems like a hard worker with a passion for justice. He's not looking for his 15 minutes of fame.

Gosh, I just love the Mighty Mr. M!!! #iheartjuan

If the last bit were true we wouldn't have had questions about the gun from the jury today.

The saving Grace that I saw today about the gun questions is that they were all for Det Flores and the jury was not shy about asking the questions of him. Which means they trust him and his opinion. When we had other witnesses on the stand we also encountered some snarky questions from the jury, not this time. This time they were all respectable and sound and logical. A good sign to me.

Okay.. Since court it over for the day... maybe someone can help me.

The importance of her using the helio phone on June 3 is that she previously said it was lost, yes?

And the hair color pics where what.. What color was her hair the day before?? Im more confused today than I have been all the other days.

She said she did not color her hair after April or May. Pictures before June 3rd show her with blond streaks in her hair. June 3 on her phone shows her hair is all brown, no streaks. I think that is what he was getting at.

The defense is having the last word (not counting closing arguments) with the surrebuttal witness. And I am not confident that Juan will be able to handle him, especially if SHERRY caves in again and keeps out his shady past.

Gosh you are out in the weeds today. Why would the judge keep that stuff out? It's impeachable. You don't even know what's gonna happen yet. Relax. This one witness will not derail the entire case.

Forgive me if this was already asked. I'm trying to figure out from the posts what the attic question was about. Did they ask if anything was found in the attic and the answer was no?
I'm trying to find out because KCL said in her dedicated thread that the woman who lives there now found something of Travis' in the attic.

Was anything up there?
No

Did it look like things could have been stored up there?
I can't be sure. There were beams and some drywall. Smaller items could be stored there.

Nurmi tried to make a big deal about it because Flores said people searched it under his supervision. He did not search it himself.

I guess Nurmi feels others are not capable of using their eyes in an attic to see if anything was there.

It's intimate and inappropriate - JA acts as though she's trying to seduce her.

I thought she was just trying to catch some of JW's lipstick to go along with her No 2 lead brow pencil. :floorlaugh:

judging by the jury questions. they can let them have the last word. its like wah wah wah im not listening :drumroll:

In actuality Juan gets the last word. In Closing's its Juan, JW or KN (not sure who's worse?) and then Juan gets to close this nightmare up. Judge then gives final instructions, jury picked, jury in jury room and within 48 hours GUILTY of FIRST DEGREE MURDER. I do hope the Judge sequesters them during their deliberations.:twocents::twocents:

JM may not be able to mention another trial court sanctioning him and labelling Geffner as a hired gun, but he will be able to ask Geffner if he's edited any of ALV's books, as well as exactly what his relationship to ALV is, IMO.

That alone will sink Geffner's credibility.

He was sanctioned? Well if that's the case it will certainly be allowed in.

If the sur-rebuttal is a problem, then this jury was never going to convict her of 1st degree murder. Regardless of JA's background, her mindset, her psychology, it doesn't help them on her premeditated actions (which they have now proven that she lied about) or the improbability that the altercation, that led to her MURDERING Travis, actually unfolded in the way that she said it did. So, if the jury can't see that by now, then the state was never getting 1st degree murder. JMO

I'm at the same point as well.

It's all been spread out for the jury, clearly and overwhelmingly. If they don't get it now they never will. What's the use of worrying or panicking? For me the defence's surrrebuttal will be just so much sound and fury. It is filler. If someone is swayed at this late date, then nothing reasonable would ever have swayed them. It shouldn't be a crap shoot but nowadays, that's a really possibility, I'm thinking. It's all a done deal, IMO.

ok, long time WS member, I tried very hard to just watch the trial, and read here some, but not comment, just because I wanted to read the body language etc. There is a truism to not lose the jury and I think the defense brought that home with ALV. Bless her for her long hard work on domestic violence, but she had no idea the circumstances except what the defendant and the defense team told her. I truly believe that the jury is paying attention and they are aware of the fine points of the trial. Justice and commom sense will prevail.

I think that if Jodi ever wanted kids, it was for appearance only. She seems like the type who would want to do what she thinks others view as "normal." Plenty of narcissistic women running around with kids that they don't take care of. We see them often on those Real Housewives of Anywhere shows. :floorlaugh:
I would be terrified she would abuse them.

Can someone please answer a question I've had swimming around in my head for weeks now. I thought when Deanna stated that Napoleon lives with her now, that may have prompted someone in the court, or on HLN, to address this question.

Who took care of Napoleon June 5 thru 9, 2008? Wouldn't Travis have left instructions or asked someone to do that especially if he left early to go to Cancun?

My husband just realized that Travis was laying dead for five days while other people where going in and out of the home. He's stunned and looked at me with disbelief. We discussed the fact that Napoleon lived in the house too and neither of us can understand why the dog would not have acted strangely and alerted people there was a problem upstairs and down the hall. Travis was Napoleon's master. Napoleon would have smelled a problem long before humans would.

What's LE's take on this and why haven't they addressed it in court? I've been waiting for an explanation because the situation seems so strange.

He doesn't seem the type to me to be a TH on any show...just sayin'
I truly believe that he could have made a fortune in private practice. He chose to stay a state prosecuter. He is a passionate Man and he believes in what he does. I, with all my heart do not believe that he would sell out and be scripted at this point in his life. Write a book (yes, I'd buy it) but to be a TH on this garbage TV, nope, I don't think so.

I've never been sitting on a jury for a death penalty trial. I've never been a juror in a state where questions from the jury are allowed either. But a juror I've been. Our recommendation (sentencing phase) was later overturned on appeal because of evidence that was never presented at trial. Had it been, there's no doubt we would have reached a much different consensus.

That said, if the gravity of a literal life and death situation were laid on my decision-making ability - I would ask every question I could think of, of every witness possible, and make damned certain what I thought I understood was accurate.

If the defense told me Travis had a gun, and the stolen gun has never been located, I too would be looking to the state to underline and highlight with a pretty neon marker exactly why they believe Travis didn't have a gun. Then I, as a juror, would weigh which party I deemed more credible.

The defense witnesses have been questioned on their biases, their 'shoddy' testing methods, controlling personality, lies, lies, and still more lies. I don't even need to be Einstein to see which side of this case is already garnering more credibility. The juror questions say it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member