trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM and now we know why ja and JW were smiling after the in chambers meeting ......IIRC this Dr. can only testify about Dr. DeMarte's diagnosis. But knowing the defense they will TRY to get more in. However, JM will have this well covered.!!:rockon:

And after RS and ALV I can't see the jury buying anything a witness says for the defense...

I still think the roommate was a little light headed or something. To have a dead person next to you for five days and not notice? They had to have seen his car there, right. Then what about his friends in Cancun? Didn't they call and say hey where's Travis? I call when I don't see my neighbors for a day and find out where they are and if they are alright. These are suppose to be his close friends. They know he didn't own a gun, but yet none of them were concerned as to his whereabouts for 5 days? I guess I'm a more caring person. I smelt a dead deer that was about 900 ft away. I called my neighbor to tell him that there was a dead deer behind his house. He moved it out to the side of the road and called animal control. Another thing when there is a dead body the flies show up. Didn't they notice this? I just don't get it.

You make some good points which any of us women would totally understand. I notice that women are vigilant in the neighborhood, watching for strangers, observing the old people and little ones, knowing they are vulnerable, etc.

There are other factors with Mormon culture. If a member knows that someone is seriously sinning, they are expected to report it. When I was single (and attractive), I was continually being reported by the ward members. For example, they reported to the bishop that I had men "coming and going" from my house all hours of the day and night. I might be a prostitute. In fact, I have four grown sons who worked shifts at the meat packing plant and I tended their kids. The bishop was very apologetic when he called me about this and said that he was obligated to "investigate" each and every report. He suspected the locals were suspicious of me because I'm from California (LOL!)

These roommates knew Travis entertained women in his bedroom. He is their landlord and it is none of their business--they did not feel an obligation toward his welfare-- he is young, in the prime of life and dating a blonde bombshell. Would you as a guy be pounding on his door asking "You all right in there?"

The fact that his car was there means nothing. He could have been given a ride to the airport to avoid paying for long term parking. He traveled a lot on business. It was not the first time he had been gone for five days and it was not his habit to say goodbye or notify his roommates of his itinerary.

If Travis' roommates knew about the Jodi affair, then when all becomes known eventually, they could be asked if they knew this was going on in the house. They want to be able to answer, "No, I had no idea."

They had everything to lose and nothing to gain by getting up in Travis' business when he clearly didn't want to be that close.

Thanks. It just burns me up to hear oh I feel sorry for the mother/father/grandmother in any of these cases. What do people think? That the mother/father/grandmother contributed zero to the end result of the criminal? That the criminal was raised in a vacuum?

As parents we are obligated to raise our children to be law abiding, productive members of society. When we drop the ball and children end up becoming the JA's of the world, whose fault is that? Society's? No. It's always the parents, because if the parents had intervened properly in the kids life when the kid first began exhibiting antisocial behaviour, society might not suffer the consequences as society always does in murder cases. Obviously when JA grew up the onus was on her to seek help, but by that time she would be thinking why bother? I've spent my entire life being enabled, coddled and getting away with everything so there's nothing wrong with me. It's everyone else's fault.

So there are JA's mother and aunt. Yesterday add the grandmother to the mix. Oh poor us. Look what we have to go through. Are you kidding me? THEY are the ones who had a direct hand in what JA became - a psychopathic murderer.:stormingmad:

I feel no sympathy for any of them. My sympathy is and always will be with the victims' families.

Rant over. :floorlaugh:

ETA: If either of my two kids had ended up in the criminal justice system, I guarantee you I would NOT be supporting them in court or anywhere else. I would be too ashamed, ashamed at how I had failed not only my kid, but all of society and especially a victims family.

I could not disagree with you more. I know that it is entirely possible to be good people and devoted parents and still have a child turn out badly. I have posted before about my friends who have a daughter who is a sociopath. They are responsible people, hard workers, and parents who centered their lives around their four children, three of whom turned out just fine. One didn't, despite her parents being good role models, despite their making sure there were consequences for bad behavior and despite the multiple therapists they took her too. I think that she is just not wired for empathy plus she has made her own choices with her free will. It is heart breaking.

My own daughter turned out just fine but I am not patting myself on the back for it. I did my best as a mother (although I wasn't perfect at it) but I give her credit for making her own good choices in life.

We really don't know much about Jodi's family life. She's a liar so it's hard to believe that she was really abused; she may very well be exaggerating normal attempts at discipline. The other children have never been in trouble and neither has her mother, aunt, father, or grandmother. None of them has ever killed any one. So I am not going to blame them for Jodi's behavior.

As I've also posted before, I would support a child who committed a crime. I wouldn't minimize their behavior or lie for them but I would go to court and visit them in prison and hope for a genuine repentance. That to me is what unconditional love is all about.

Nothing.

It's a two-for-one gamble.

The Defense is hoping jurors will understand how JA would have felt compelled to defend herself with lethal force given Doc Samuels' PTSD Dx.

And they're also hoping that Samuels' PTSD Dx PLUS the BPD Dx 'gift' from Doc DeMarte will be mitigating factors they will employ to argue for a lesser penalty should she be convicted; e.g., life sentence vs. execution by pentobarbital, or AZ's chemical of choice after her appeals are exhausted.

Except now they have Dr. Geffner coming in to icksnay the BPD??? :scared::scared::scared:

I am sorry but I get a bit confused about the Helio phone: Detective Brown mentioned the close-up pictures of Jodi taken with the Helio phone were on June 3, 2008. But he did not say whether it's from the original phone or the replacement, right? can someone please clarify?

Sorry to ask the dreaded question, but my memory fails me:

What time (Arizona time) does court begin today? I know it will be a short day, but I need to run to the grocery store and $$$ Store this morning.

Thanks in advance! :tyou:

Yes. Judge allowing one day for it. Court starts at 9am next Wed and she says they will complete the direct, cross, jury questions, lawyer follow ups...everything even if they must stay late.

Do you know if each side has a specific time limit on that day? Or could the DT waste all day, leaving JM 5 minutes to do what he has to do at midnight on that day?

May have been entertaining to see Nurmi explain how that happened, since they usually only had anal sex. :doh:

BAH! LOL...thank you for the laugh!

I can just see Nurmi channeling his sex ed teacher from 6th grade.

Nurmi: So, Ms. Arias, are you familiar with how babies are made?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I am sorry but I get a bit confused about the Helio phone: Detective Brown mentioned the close-up pictures of Jodi taken with the Helio phone were on June 3, 2008. But he did not say whether it's from the original phone or the replacement, right? can someone please clarify?

He didn't say, but it's the replacement.

It came out that Jodi SAID she was pregnant from the National Enquirer guy (Mike somebody?) both on Nancy Grace and Dr. Drew. NE guy said he got it from a "reliable source" that had given him good info in the past regarding Jodi Arias. Of course, he would not name his source.

I'm betting it was Donovan or the guy that was visiting Jodi in jail, this guy has been in court on the 1st row with the family (again) lately, sits next to Donovan. They actually look a lot alike to me, Donovan and this guy.

He's the one that was rumored to be Jodi's boyfriend since she went to jail, he used to visit her, and she asked him a while back not to come to court anymore. But he is back in court the past few days. :dunno: He has a bad crush on Jodi, but she says they are just friends. :crush: Bet he is feeding her commissary account!

Thank you for the information regarding the guy sitting next to Donavan in court yesterday...

it was the first time I have noticed him... And I thought he looked eerily like Donavan...

JMO

Your a better person than me Softail. I feel no sympathy for her. To show up at the end? Why? Why show up at all. She could have said no that she wants no part of it which deep down is how she feels or she would have been there. What I saw of her was simply an embarressed woman.

Given Grandma's age and apparent physical distress, perhaps she views it as her last chance to see her grand daughter before she is shipped away to prison. I cannot for some reason conclude by seeing her on a screen for a few moments she was embarressed or that she could have physically endured the stress and length of this trial to a degree which would have allowed her to be there every day.

And after RS and ALV I can't see the jury buying anything a witness says for the defense...

Especially a witness with a horse in this race. Geffner. Friend and colleague of ALV. :floorlaugh:

Hopefully this isn't too redundant, just a glimpse of Mr. Geffner under fire. Some strong similarities;

"Despite the trial court's announced sanction, it gave Dr. Geffner a great deal of latitude in his testimony at trial, even in the face of continued objections by Father's attorney. During almost a full day of testimony, the witness was able to fully express his criticisms of the purported defects in the evaluations performed by the other psychiatrists and psychologists in this case, and his opinions of the relative fitness of the parties for parental responsibilities, even though he never met Father."

Put on your boxing gloves JM!!!

:hero::hero: Go Martinez Go:bud::bud:

Especially a witness with a horse in this race. Geffner. Friend and colleague of ALV. :floorlaugh:

The jury has heard enough psycho-prattle and will likely tune this witness out. :moo:

It really bothers me when people make up stories about jurors misbehaving. They have worked hard for so long. It's really insulting to them. We have our own court observers who have mentioned time and time again that the jurors do not smile at the Defense or anyone else. My guess is it's JA fans who are spreading these rumours just to create some last minute drama. Same thing for the alleged death threats against the Defense. JA fans trying to stir up trouble for all. I'm so sick of it. I can't wait for the guilty verdict.

Oh absolutely. If she claimed she was pregnant at the time of his death they would have pulled the "she was trying to defend her unborn child" line.

LOL Oh yeah and prolly would have thrown in the line backer attack,the fog and all the trauma caused a miscarriage :floorlaugh: I just gotta laugh.

I'm not sure that I've ever posted anything positive about this defendant.

But as I reflect on the trial, and all those days she offered testiphony from the witness stand, I've got to commend her transparency and sincerity in the following areas:

• Haughtiness,
  • Pride,
  • Ego,
  • Arrogance,
  • Narcissism,
  • Hatred,
  • Self-righteous ends-justify-means mentality,
  • Thoroughness in completion of task (killed Travis three different ways),
  • Commitment to her craft (lying, character assassination, torture-murder, etc.)

I didn't say that any of the qualities were redeeming. They are not.

But you've got to admit, she's in a league of her own.

I say bring'em on. There is nothing this witness can say or do to get JA out of a premeditated murder conviction. She could have been abused, have PTSD, BPD, Aids, Herpes, Aids, Crabs, whatever but it will make no difference whatever. Jaun has the evidence to prove that she planned and carried out a murder anything the sur-rebuttal witness will add will just be an attempt to keep her from being executed.

I agree. Bring it on. Juror questions prove they have Jodi's number.
They know Samuels and Alyce were manipulated/charmed/snowed by Jodi and their bias led them to give her gifts, rescore tests and rely on her journals to back up her words to them...absurd.

Trashing Travis has backfired. As has Nurmi going through his 3 hole wonder routine with Deanna. The jury even mocked Nurmi with a question after he tried to criticize Flores not measuring the entire closet like some sort of interior decorator.

I wouldn't be surprised, if they get the case shortly after lunch Friday, returning a guilty verdict by 4:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tc30