trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a little perturbed when the question was asked that Dr Horn said he did not understand the question.....but I think the juror was trying to account for the blood at the sink.....what else could have caused that. I think he could have said that for example, some of the stab wounds could have left him able to lurch out of the shower or to travel some steps to the sink, and he would be blowing blood out from his nose or mouth.

Unfortunately, at least based on the two first questions it would appear at least one person on the jury thinks she did.

I didn't read that as a juror who thinks it was the first wound--I think the jury was clarifying that Dr. Horn is sure that the gun shot would have immediately incapacitated him.

Since Jenny Willmott kept insisting that "lots of people walk around and talk" after head shots on cross during the State's direct exam, the jury wanted the definitive proof that it was BS.

I think they are sending the signal that they believe the doctor--you either believe HIM or you believe Jodi & Willmott.

MOO the tears were real - the reason? JA has realized its all in the jury's hands now. Nothing she can do now. No more migraines, no more hunger pangs, no more lies, no more character assassination of TA, no more anything. There is literally nothing but waiting for the fat lady to sing.

the tears were evidence that this unusual person knows danged well she is about to eat her infamous words "No jury will ever convict me"

Tears were genuine. And as usual, when they are genuine from this defendant, they are for her own selfish arse.

Tweets from AZ Central :

10:26 Chris Williams@chriswnews

#JodiArias sits at defense table towards mother and grandmother. Atty Willmott talking with both #Arias family members now

That's a first at the #JodiArias trial I've seen. MCSO security dog walked through courtroom then out the door #Arias jury goes through

10:27 Michael Kiefer@michaelbkiefer

A Sheriff's Deputy just led a black police dog and its handler back to the jury room.

What in HADES is going on??????

If JA was truly crying she would want the world to see the sobbing, tears running. She's get the hair out of her face and let it rip.

I know what you mean. It's not that she covers her face that does it for me. I cover my face, too, when I cry hard. It's that her body is quite uninvolved. Deep anguish, or shame, involves the whole body. Mouth, shoulders, guts.

Her runny nose, her tears that merely trickle from the corners of her eyes--I don't think these are signs of faked emotion necessarily, but of shallow, disconnected emotion. Except for a couple of rare instances, where she actually sobbed, her face never looks ravaged afterwards. No red blotches, no puffy eyes or lips, no raw nose. She emerges from her crying spells with her face even-toned and smooth. Even a short crying jag with leave some mark on the face.

Not sure how to express this but for the first time during
this trial, I have this hollow, sinking feeling and some anxiety.
Maybe it is the finality of it all. But I emotionally and physically
feel a sort of panic after hearing "The State Rests"

Does anyone else feel different?

LMAO! If he wasn't shot in the brain, it wouldn't have happened. LMAO!

My brother was shot in his left cheek. Bullet lodged in his sinus. Although it was a M-16 round, it didn't exit. He lived about 2 hrs but was unconscious immediately.

Michael Kiefer@michaelbkieferThe dog handler just said it is a bomb dog.

Michael Kiefer@michaelbkieferThe handler, a woman, says the bomb dog is a Czech shepherd.

Michael Kiefer@michaelbkieferBtw: the bomb dog is a female named Nina.

According to reporter Jose Miguel's tweet, it was his opinion the jury wasn't buying Wilmott's questioning.

I think the jury questions were just clarifying that Jodi was (and is!) a liar.

I also want to add that just because I believe the gunshot was first, I don't believe that this was self-defense. Nor do I believe anything JA says happened. Her lies make absolutely no sense whatsoever. I do believe by the evidence of the gas cans, the stolen gun, and the hair color change that she did premeditate to kill TA.

I do hope that if there are jurors who do believe that the ME is wrong as to the gunshot not being first, that that doesn't affect there belief in her guilt of murder and not self-defense.

Hypothetically if I were a juror I wouldn't necessarily believe what the ME thinks about the first injury but I do feel JM has proven his point that this was not self-defense, and that it was premeditated murder.

Tweets from AZ Central :

#JodiArias sits at defense table towards mother and grandmother. Atty Willmott talking with both #Arias family members now

That's a first at the #JodiArias trial I've seen. MCSO security dog walked through courtroom then out the door #Arias jury goes through

10:27 Michael Kiefer@michaelbkiefer

A Sheriff's Deputy just led a black police dog and its handler back to the jury room.

That last tweet: WTH?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already but was the defense denied their request for a surrebuttal?

Willmont sounds very nervous questioning Dr. Horn. He didn't say he did not speak to Det. Flores, he said he did not remember doing so. Det Flores stated what he believed to be true based on a short conversation with Dr. Horn , but Det Flores is not a doctor, or a medical examiner. The defense attorneys also had Dr. Horn's report, and had interviewed him.
The Medical Examiner is a doctor, he physically examined the brain as well as possible after Jodi left him to decompose in Arizona June heat. He doesn't need a "Time Magazine" illustration of the brain to say where the brain is, or anything but logic to see the bullet entered at one point, and ended at another - he knows the frontal lobe is in that path, and can logically say it went through. It's not a guess.
If the Jodi based her story on belief that the bullet wound was first, that is her error - Willmont cannot make the science of it change to suit Jodi's version.

I think the reason that we are having to wait until Wed. is so the defense "Expert" coming in, will have Mon and Tues to go over all the notes..
Will they be able to talk/ examine JA as well during this time?

Will they do more then what ALV and Samuels did in looking into all of the facts, not just pick and choose things that will benefit JA, not that it will help.

Great points! All this new witness can do is interpret the scores differently. Oooookay.....

....but she killed him. She ADMITTED TO IT. If I was a juror it would not matter to me which happened first as she killed him. Took a life...........and then to leave him their to decompose would mean that is how cold blooded she is.
It does matter for JA's credibility - The gun shot NOT first tells them her ENTIRE story of the killing is a lie.

I think that Jodi is actually crying out of pure, undiluted fright. She is literally scared chitleeeeeeeeessss and realizes that the performance is over and it is time for the fat lady to sing Silent Night.

From my experience working with kids who have similar tendencies to her, she is crying at the loss of control and how quickly it is coming. To this point, she has been the orchestra director of a very elaborate production. All eyes have been on her. She has been in charge and told people what to do. Now, it will be in the hands of 12 jurors - jurors she can not talk to anymore. Jurors she cannot control. Loss of control is HUGE for her. They won't even look at her to see her. She can't control them. She doesn't control them. The curtain is coming down. It is a huge loss for someone who thrives on control and has, likely, enjoyed this process.

She cries when she sees Travis' death photos because she is faced with the reality of what it looks like when you slaughter someone and then leave them to rot for 5 days.

Have I gone back in time? Am I dreaming? This is surreal that she is doubling down on prior stupidty.

IF grandma is a normal human being I suspect she is really there to support her own daughter (JA's mom) not JA. She may be wearing the ribbon just to make her daughter feel better. She may also feel guilt at the knowledge that her gun may have been part of the murder. I am going to give her some slack given the situation.

The blue ribbon being worn is for Travis, right? or am I confused. Jodi's grandmother and mother are wearing this ribbon? Still confused. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV