trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cry baby, cry!!

A-Christmas-Story-a-christmas-story-5083815-640-480.jpg

Hopefully that juror is just trying to examine every angle. Even though I think Jodi is guilty as sin, I would still want to make sure that I have considered every possible scenario if I were on the jury. I could never live with myself if I sentenced someone to death and wasn't absolutely positive that they were guilty. So, let's just hope this juror is being thorough.

I missed the first two questions, does anyone have a list of them?

Tweets from AZ Central :

10:26 Chris Williams@chriswnews

#JodiArias sits at defense table towards mother and grandmother. Atty Willmott talking with both #Arias family members now

10:26 Chris Williams@chriswnews

That's a first at the #JodiArias trial I've seen. MCSO security dog walked through courtroom then out the door #Arias jury goes through

10:27 Michael Kiefer@michaelbkiefer

A Sheriff's Deputy just led a black police dog and its handler back to the jury room.

I don't understand JW last line of questioning? She just gave a graphic details of TA neck injuries to the jury. She should of just passed.

Unfortunately, at least based on the two first questions it would appear at least one person on the jury thinks she did.

I don't get that at all, and I'm usually the FIRST person who feels uneasy after jury questions. to me, the jury asked that to BE SURE there is no way her story is true. they just wanted confirmation. this is the surest i've ever been, she's done. guilty, 1st degree.

Yeah some of those juror questions weren't good at all. At all. This isn't rocket science jurors. There was NO way for Travis to defend himself after a gunshot. Meaning the knife wounds HAD to come before the gun shot. It really is that simple.

I liked that Dr Horn kept repeating that the gunshot wound would disable any purposeful activity.

If there is a juror there so biased or willfully ignorant, I hope the others set them straight.

also just a tip:

i downloaded the arizona news apps on my phone and they send alerts about everything in the trial. i already got an alert saying the state rests. very helpful for verdict watch

Yeah some of those juror questions weren't good at all. At all. This isn't rocket science jurors. There was NO way for Travis to defend himself after a gunshot. Meaning the knife wounds HAD to come before the gun shot. It really is that simple.
I'm glad they're clarifying for a couple of reasons:
They haven't been given jury instructions yet - they may not necessarily understand that it doesn't matter how he died to prove premeditation.

And, this testimony is likely to go very far when the State is arguing aggravating factors.

MOO

I wanted to share a tweet I saw was funny:

tpbna #JodiArias should be studied by doctors as a medical marvel. She's the only person I've ever seen that cries from their nose.

I think the reason that we are having to wait until Wed. is so the defense "Expert" coming in, will have Mon and Tues to go over all the notes..
Will they be able to talk/ examine JA as well during this time?
Will they do more then what ALV and Samuels did in looking into all of the facts, not just pick and choose things that will benefit JA, not that it will help.

Nauseating to think she had the constitution to actually draw a blade across his throat as he was still alive...just freaking sickening. I don't know what kind of person could do that in any circumstances. I doubt I could do it to legitimately save my own life. Put her in a Supermax and erase all evidence of her existence. I want to puke.

yes-yes-my sentiments exactly..

Juror question . . JA said she shot TA in bathroom - if true bleeding from nose and mouth wouldn't there be blood in bathroom?

yes

But that would only be if she shot him first. Shooting him after the neck wound, there would be very little blood as most of it had been pumped out of his body at that point. That is why Rob Lowe saw very little/no bleeding in the cranial area upon his examination. Can someone with a better grasp of this evidence confirm or deny?

There are still plenty of people on this board whom I believe think the gunshot was first but still believe that it was 1st degree premeditated murder.

MOO

yep, there are several of us who feel the gunshot was first. We feel it even more strongly proves premeditation if that is the case.

The stabbing slashing then finally shooting thing seems to be more likely to have a juror buy the dog and pony show of DV, crime of passion, self defense mumbo jumbo

regardless, whichever wounds were administered when, whichever the weapon was first or last, this case is still clearly premeditated murder.

Not being snarky here…but I think the tears were real this time. I went "full screen" and saw her chest and shoulders heaving. But, most likely the tears were for herself as she sees her defense slip away. :twocents:
It's not hard to fake that. She's had plenty of faking practice...

Because maybe you understand something different under crime of passion than the legal definition? Not trying to put words in your mouth here lol. But I believe this was a crime of passion in the sense that there was a lot of passion behind this killing. A lot of rage and hatred. And I bet every time she stabbed him felt good to her sick soul. I think shooting him in the head would've been too easy. She wanted to hurt him and have him suffer.

It wasn't a crime of passion in the sense that she acted impulsively in that moment because of something Travis did immediatly prior to her killing him.

I totally agree. The rage and hatred was simmering for weeks and IMO, she became obsessed with killing him and planned it way prior to her trip to Utah by way of Mesa. She figured that he would conveniently die in the shower with the knife stab to the heart and the blood would just wash away down the drain. She did not think that it would be so hard to kill him or that he would ever get out of the shower at all. In her story about the "ninja attack" she said that Travis just refused to die. IMO, this showed her frustration at all the work she had to do to end his life.

What kind of animalistic rage would a person have to have to cut a throat and stab someone like that? It's still mind boggling to me.

She came the closest I've seen to losing it today...at one point her shoulders were shaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling