Trial Delayed until at least January

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Door entrance is from the side, not front of house.

Who knew? I had one of those. I had a three car garage with a regular door that was an exit. Was that the side load? Side load for what? Who coined that phrase?

JTF, those pictures are so helpful. Thank you for obsessively following this case and taking your field trips!

I went to the hotel twice.
The second time they almost called the cops cause I was snooping around on the 4th floor without a key :D

Who knew? I had one of those. I had a three car garage with a regular door that was an exit. Was that the side load? Side load for what? Who coined that phrase?

Cougermom coined it, I guess.

I went to the hotel twice.
The second time they almost called the cops cause I was snooping around on the 4th floor without a key :D

Did you flash them your (pretend) badge and tell them you were investigating the MY murder case and then talk into your hand, FBI-style? :floorlaugh:

I was looking at the call logs again....very telling.
He was in a panic to get MF......3 calls in 1 1/2 hours, including one from Pat.
All over a silly ebay auction page turned over on his printer!!!!
MY would be at work till 6.
There was no hurry, if true.
Of course he needed MF to find the body and rescue CY...soooo obvious.

1- called MF and left VM at 12:10PM to get printout
2- called MF again at 1:36PM and leaves 45 second message
3- Calls mama at 1:37PM...tells her to call MF
4- Mama calls MF and leaves message at 1:40PM

He knew the body was found when LF frantically called, starting 1:53PM

MyBelle, were you here on WS during JY's first trial? I did watch back and forth between this one and the Anthony trial in FL. You have a good grasp of most of the trial proceedings and details--much better than I--but I don't remember your being here last summer. I'm so sorry if you were and I don't remember you. I am amazed at all the recall that you, JustTheFax, Otto, and the others have over stuff that I haven't give any thought to in months. I know I'm probably older than the rest of you but I sure hope it's not a sign of my mental demise.

I don't believe I posted here during the trial. Some of my colleagues were talking about this and Cooper's case one day and mentioned the corruption in the crime lab, suspected juror misconduct, cops posting on forums, possible abuse of process etc., and so I started looking into it and have been appalled at the lack of evidence. Collecting a random rock and then trying to get a jury to believe it has evidentiary value is pretty pathetic conduct.

JMO

JTF said: I was looking at the call logs again....very telling.

Yes, very telling indeed. His call behavior was highly unusual. 28 calls to mommy that day alone.

Plus, his wife would not have had any reason to look at the fax machine in that messy office filled with papers. His urgency doesn't fit the reason at all. But it sure fits with his anxiety that little CY be found.

I don't believe I posted here during the trial. Some of my colleagues were talking about this and Cooper's case one day and mentioned the corruption in the crime lab, suspected juror misconduct, cops posting on forums, possible abuse of process etc., and so I started looking into it and have been appalled at the lack of evidence. Collecting a random rock and then trying to get a jury to believe it has evidentiary value is pretty pathetic conduct.

JMO

A witness in the Cooper trial, a professional non-LE guy, got on here the same night he testified in court. We were all aghast, yet amused. I found out then that nothing surprises me any more. Or shouldn't.
Things in the legal world are not the same as they were several years ago--some good and some not so good. I was in LE during my work career although it was shortened by a head-on auto accident one morning as I went to work.
During the MP trial in Durham, I was very, very impressed with DD's (of the crime lab fame) testimony about the blood spatter. Hated so darn badly to find out it was he who was being blamed for the crapped up results by the lab in so many cases. He continues to say he is going to get his old job back but I don't know why he wants it back--innocent or guilty.
Law is fascinating, crime is fascinating, criminals are fascinating. In my next life I'm either going to be an attorney or a criminal.....can't decide which :)

JLY's behavior of not picking up the phone when LF starts calling at 1:53pm mirrors the same behavior Brad Cooper exhibited when he was "out looking for his wife" but then didn't answer any texts or phone calls from the police during that 25 min or so. Yet he had checked his VM and knew the police were calling him.

Patterns of behavior are telling and seem to follow certain predictable courses.

JMO
<modsnip>

Appalled by lack of evidence?

Hmmm, that "random rock" just happened to have some of JLY's DNA markers.

Hi behavior of not picking up the phone when LF starts calling at 1:53pm mirrors the same behavior Brad Cooper exhibited when he was "out looking for his wife" but then didn't answer any texts or phone calls from the police during that 25 min or so. Yet he had checked his VM and knew the police were calling him.

Patterns of behavior are telling and seem to follow certain predictable courses.

You are so totally correct. It a thought process pattern that many share who find themselves in that situation.
I am so happy you guys are recalling so much. As I said earlier, I am finding that I've forgotten more than I remember in this case. I need to brush up on the last trial before the next one begins. I think I've 'thanked' you all about 200 times tonight for your posts.

A witness in the Cooper trial, a professional non-LE guy, got on here the same night he testified in court. We were all aghast, yet amused. I found out then that nothing surprises me any more. Or shouldn't.
Things in the legal world are not the same as they were several years ago--some good and some not so good. I was in LE during my work career although it was shortened by a head-on auto accident one morning as I went to work.
During the MP trial in Durham, I was very, very impressed with DD's (of the crime lab fame) testimony about the blood spatter. Hated so darn badly to find out it was he who was being blamed for the crapped up results by the lab in so many cases. He continues to say he is going to get his old job back but I don't know why he wants it back--innocent or guilty.
Law is fascinating, crime is fascinating, criminals are fascinating. In my next life I'm either going to be an attorney or a criminal.....can't decide which :)

BBM

Aren't they the same thing??? :floorlaugh:

Seems to have been a campaign of libel lodged against the guy in order to convict him in the court of public opinion. He just might have a solid, federal lawsuit ahead.

JMO

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::skip::ufo::laughcry:

A federal lawsuit!

Doesn't require a big wad of cash to file a lawsuit. Certainly would be no shortage of lawyers to file it, including his lawyer right now who is in private practice.

I'm confident that $15 WD judgment will be set aside by Judge Stephens after the not-guilty verdict is in.

JMO

O.J.'s judgement wasn't set aside. In fact he was found responsible *after* his criminal acquittal. <modsnip>. JLY has already been found responsible for the murder of his wife.

:waitasec::seeya:

BBM. This is the BIG question. Mr. Hicks testified the side doors were locked 24/7 and the front (main) door was locked overnight. All those doors had working security videos. He removed the rock from the emergency door between 3:30 and 4:00 AM and the door was seclured. So where is the video showing him coming back into the hotel and why didn't the prosecution show it to the jury?

JMO

Some time around 5:30 am Jason came back in the exit he went out at midnight. By then he figured out the door opened without a key card or code, when he noticed the rock was gone. He tilted the camera up toward the ceiling, went up the exit stairs, got the receipt & left through the same exit. Its in the testimony that the camera was tampered with between 5:30 and 6:00 am.
He unplugged the camera not long after he checked in. Imo

Some time around 5:30 am Jason came back in the exit he went out at midnight. By then he figured out the door opened without a key card or code, when he noticed the rock was gone. He tilted the camera up toward the ceiling, went up the exit stairs, got the receipt & left through the same exit. Its in the testimony that the camera was tampered with between 5:30 and 6:00 am.
He unplugged the camera not long after he checked in. Imo

I agree except that he returned to the hotel around 6:30 am. The camera was tilted up at 6:35 am. He would have been able to enter the glass exit door because it would have been unlocked at 6:00 am.

There has been speculation as to why he unplugged the camera at 11:20 but didn't leave until midnight. There has also been speculation as to why he went to the front desk before leaving at midnight.

I think, and this is just my opinion, that he unplugged the camera at 11:20 and waited to see if it would be noticed by the night clerk. I think that's why he stopped by the front desk at midnight and asked for a newspaper; he wanted to check things out and make sure the unplugged camera had not been noticed. Once he decided that his plan was working out, he left the HI and headed to Raleigh.

I don't think he cared that he was caught on camera, and I don't think he cared that the clothes he was wearing at midnight could be identified. His original plan was to strangle Michelle. If that had worked out, there wouldn't have been a need for him to change into different clothes after the murder. The bloody mess was not something he planned on. I believe he planned for the clothes he was seen wearing at the front desk at midnight to be in his suitcase the next day.

Of course, his plan fell apart when the strangulation didn't work, and he had to change clothes. This is why the DT brought up the jeans and shoes during trial but steered clear of the shirt. This is where BH made her biggest mistake.

If she had asked JY during cross examination why that shirt was not in his luggage or his vehicle when LE impounded it for evidence, JY would not have been able to come up with a reasonable answer, and he would have been shown as the lying murderer that he is. BH dropped the ball big time on this issue.

I agree except that he returned to the hotel around 6:30 am. The camera was tilted up at 6:35 am. He would have been able to enter the glass exit door because it would have been unlocked at 6:00 am.

There has been speculation as to why he unplugged the camera at 11:20 but didn't leave until midnight. There has also been speculation as to why he went to the front desk before leaving at midnight.

I think, and this is just my opinion, that he unplugged the camera at 11:20 and waited to see if it would be noticed by the night clerk. I think that's why he stopped by the front desk at midnight and asked for a newspaper; he wanted to check things out and make sure the unplugged camera had not been noticed. Once he decided that his plan was working out, he left the HI and headed to Raleigh.

I don't think he cared that he was caught on camera, and I don't think he cared that the clothes he was wearing at midnight could be identified. His original plan was to strangle Michelle. If that had worked out, there wouldn't have been a need for him to change into different clothes after the murder. The bloody mess was not something he planned on. I believe he planned for the clothes he was seen wearing at the front desk at midnight to be in his suitcase the next day.

Of course, his plan fell apart when the strangulation didn't work, and he had to change clothes. This is why the DT brought up the jeans and shoes during trial but steered clear of the shirt. This is where BH made her biggest mistake.

If she had asked JY during cross examination why that shirt was not in his luggage or his vehicle when LE impounded it for evidence, JY would not have been able to come up with a reasonable answer, and he would have been shown as the lying murderer that he is. BH dropped the ball big time on this issue.

Hard to say how a narcissistic sociopath murderer thinks, but that may well be the case.

As for the clothes he left in....as you say, he expected they would not be bloody and right back in his suitcase, so no problem

I have been posting a 10 second camera delay.
Actually it was 14 seconds (easily seen between shots presented)

It is easy to see how the camera missed him at 11:20 coming down the west stairs.

(Thanks for the correction, Scout)

What was the position of the door the night before ... that's what matters.

That's not possible to know -- the only one who would tell us honestly was bludgeoned to death by her husband. (JY wouldn't tell us because he says he wasn't there. But he might tell us that she left doors unlocked all the time because she was so scatterbrained and unorganized, as every woman is.)

But you should believe us women when we say that we check those things -- and not just before we go to bed -- she had a 2 year old in the house and she was 4--5 months pregnant and not very able to protect her child, herself and her unborn son. It's an almost innate sense we have of a special kind of fear and we check, and people such as myself often check several times. When my DH is out of town, I turn on every outside light we have in addition to checking the doors 2-3-4 times. There's no way she would have left either the garage door open nor the door from the garage to the kitchen. No way. It's a woman's thing.

Anybody agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member