Trial Delayed until at least January

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a similar split of jurors in both the Menendez brothers first trials. Yet the second jury's were able to come to a timely verdict. We'll just have to wait and see how this trial progresses.

Other trials have no impact on this one. I'm still predicting a directed verdict...if it gets that far. They seem to be having trouble seating a jury.

JMO

Eight jurors expected real proof he left the hotel and returned in the timeframe of the murder. 7 a.m. the next morning is outside that timeframe.

JMO

Do you have a cite for this belief? Because I still haven't been able to find any information as to what those eight jurors thought? Have they ever actually spoken up as to the evidence presented?

Please be respectful of each others opinions. If you cannot respond to someone with a different opinion respectfully, THEN DON'T RESPOND! Just scroll on by. There is no reason to bicker or argue.

Salem

Nancy Grace is doing a segment on the Michelle Young murder tonight. Second segment of her show, hasn't started yet.

Thanks. I'll have to read a transcript or something because I just can't take NG or her bombshell histrionics, not to mention commercials every 2 minutes.

Nancy Grace is doing a segment on the Michelle Young murder tonight. Second segment of her show, hasn't started yet.

OMG, NG was clueless.
She totally butchered the basic facts of the case.
It was embarrassing.

Eight jurors expected real proof he left the hotel and returned in the timeframe of the murder. 7 a.m. the next morning is outside that timeframe.

JMO

I disagree. Another poster tested the drive and came up with following timeline:

JY left the HI at midnight, drove 2 hrs. and 40 min. to Raleigh, murdered his wife and unborn son, cleaned up, staged the scene, drugged his daughter, drove back to the HI arriving around 6:30 am, tilted the surveillance camera up at 6:35 am, went to his room, dressed for his meeting, retrieved the hotel receipt and his luggage, and left the hotel around 7:00 am.

This timeline allows JY 1 hour and 10 minutes to commit the murder, clean up, stage the scene, and drug CY. I personally believe that JY did not intend to be at the house for that length of time. The fact that he propped the exit door open at the HI supports this. The exit doors were locked until 6:00 am, and he needed a way to get back in without using his keycard and without being seen on camera. He intended to strangle Michelle but resorted to beating her to death when strangulation was not as easy and quick as he anticipated, and once he attempted to kill her, he could not back out; he had to kill her at this point. The autopsy supports this. I believe, in all likelihood, he thought he could be in and out of the house within 20-25 minutes. Because of the bloody scene, he had to clean himself and CY; therefore, he ran about 30 minutes later than he planned. This explains him arriving at the HI after the exit doors were unlocked and him showing up a half hour late for his meeting. It also explains his impatient behavior towards the clerk at the convenience store in King, NC when he stopped for gas a little before 5:30 am.

JY leaving the HI on Friday morning at 7:00 is within the time frame. It works, and it works very well indeed.

OMG, NG was clueless.
It was embarrassing.

I know. I kept spouting at the TV screen! I couldn't find the right phone number to call. That reporter from Chapel Hill either didn't know the facts himself, or was not about to set them straight for Nancy. Although I can't stand the woman, NG, I wouldn't mind hearing her booming sarcasm directed toward JLY during the trial. Wish she would get her facts straight and follow the trial. And I wish she would get her hands on an early copy of that 911 call, where the toddler keeps asking her aunt for a washcloth, bandages, for her momma's boo boos. And the 'daddy did it' in the background.

I disagree. Another poster tested the drive and came up with following timeline:

JY left the HI at midnight, drove 2 hrs. and 40 min. to Raleigh, murdered his wife and unborn son, cleaned up, staged the scene, drugged his daughter, drove back to the HI arriving around 6:30 am, tilted the surveillance camera up at 6:35 am, went to his room, dressed for his meeting, retrieved the hotel receipt and his luggage, and left the hotel around 7:00 am.

This timeline allows JY 1 hour and 10 minutes to commit the murder, clean up, stage the scene, and drug CY. I personally believe that JY did not intend to be at the house for that length of time. The fact that he propped the exit door open at the HI supports this. The exit doors were locked until 6:00 am, and he needed a way to get back in without using his keycard and without being seen on camera. He intended to strangle Michelle but resorted to beating her to death when strangulation was not as easy and quick as he anticipated, and once he attempted to kill her, he could not back out; he had to kill her at this point. The autopsy supports this. I believe, in all likelihood, he thought he could be in and out of the house within 20-25 minutes. Because of the bloody scene, he had to clean himself and CY; therefore, he ran about 30 minutes later than he planned. This explains him arriving at the HI after the exit doors were unlocked and him showing up a half hour late for his meeting. It also explains his impatient behavior towards the clerk at the convenience store in King, NC when he stopped for gas a little before 5:30 am.

JY leaving the HI on Friday morning at 7:00 is within the time frame. It works, and it works very well indeed.

Excellent synopsis of the actual crime! Thanks. Couple that with motive and all the circumstantial evidence pointing towards motive, and then JLY's lawyering up prior to coming back to Raleigh, and his disinterest in *who* may have actually killed his wife & unborn son. Seems like a pretty straight-foreward case to me IMO.

Thanks. I'll have to read a transcript or something because I just can't take NG or her bombshell histrionics, not to mention commercials every 2 minutes.

Transcript: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/20/ng.01.html

You have to scroll down quite a ways to the second part of the show. It starts with Meredith's 911 call.

Ohhhh my goodness - I just noticed the transcriber is just as bad as the reporting - they spell alibi as ally by. lol

hi everyone, i almost forgot this trial was going on. lost track of date. nice to see all the regs back just wish it was under better circumstances.

I'm not sure of your point because it isn't in dispute that JY left the hotel the next morning. It wasn't to make a return trip to N.C., there was evidence he was headed to a Virginia business meeting. The added problem with that for the prosecution is that they apparently didn't retain that security video or any security video showing him actually leaving or returning to the hotel. The hotel staff said the security cameras covering the outside entrances were functioning and that they did turn over ALL security video to LE.

I expect the defense will hammer this point: LE either lost the security video or worse, they intentionally withheld exculpatory video from both the prosecutor and the defense.

JMO

OMG, NG was clueless.
It was embarrassing.

To be expected and fits the pattern of misreporting and misrepresentations made about the evidence of this case. The will greatly help the defense because they can point it out to the next jury.

JMO

Excellent synopsis of the actual crime! Thanks. Couple that with motive and all the circumstantial evidence pointing towards motive, and then JLY's lawyering up prior to coming back to Raleigh, and his disinterest in *who* may have actually killed his wife & unborn son. Seems like a pretty straight-foreward case to me IMO.

Gracie, it seems pretty straight forward to me, too. All roads lead back to JY as being the only person who had a motive, the opportunity, and the means to murder Michelle and Rylan.

I only watched part of the program, but I did catch this and thought two things ... why are they talking about this case now, and why don't they research and think before they speak:

JEAN CASAREZ, LEGAL CORRESPONDENT, IN SESSION: Nancy, this was a brutal crime of Michelle young who was a business executive, the mother of a 2-year-old, pregnant with a 5-year-old

(NG Transcripts)

I didn't believe the gas purchase witness.

I'm not sure of your point because it isn't in dispute that JY left the hotel the next morning. It wasn't to make a return trip to N.C., there was evidence he was headed to a Virginia business meeting. The added problem with that for the prosecution is that they apparently didn't retain that security video or any security video showing him actually leaving or returning to the hotel. The hotel staff said the security cameras covering the outside entrances were functioning and that they did turn over ALL security video to LE.

I expect the defense will hammer this point: LE either lost the security video or worse, they intentionally withheld exculpatory video from both the prosecutor and the defense.

JMO

I am not understanding your point.They do have him on camera leaving the hotel by way of the back entrance at midnight. On the stand JY said he was going to his car to smoke a cigar. The next morning someone had titled the camera upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member