Trial Discussion Thread #1 - 14.03.03-06, Day 1-4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I've just logged on to have a bit of a sticky of the live feed.

From what I've read thus far from you guys has not left me impressed with both teams understanding and application of the rules of evidence. And the Judge seems to be a bit of a passenger, lacking control of her courtroom.

Looking forward to getting into it after tea.

I must say, I'm not impressed with SA's court system - if this trial is an example of how cases are routinely tried.

No offense to our fellow SA members.
Just wait until Hilton Botha takes the stand, Roux will rip him a new one and it wouldn't surprise me if he tries to get a large amount of evidence inadmissible because of crime scene contamination and just plain incompetence.

That being said, I can only imagine Roux is holding some kind of trump card, why on earth would he go on and on with this witness?? He is highly regarded in his field so am starting to think he must be playing the witness for some reason???

I am just a spectator here and accept they do things differently in other countries. (for the most part)

I had a lawyer a couple weeks ago say morals? lawyers don't have morals lol

Back to tea time, is this like a nooner or second breakfast?

No, it's a coffee break. Only with tea and (probably) biscuits (cookies). :)

I am just a spectator here and accept they do things differently in other countries. (for the most part)

I had a lawyer a couple weeks ago say morals? lawyers don't have morals lol

Back to tea time, is this like a nooner or second breakfast?
lol, second breakfast (tea and small snack). Happens again in the afternoon at 2ish! :)

Court is back in session.

Why did Barry Roux ask MB whether she could remember her cellphone no?
Very interesting I also thought. He mentions at "THAT" time so imagine maybe her number might have changed in the interim.

Handing the witness a copy of her husband's statement.

Obviously, they allow hearsay statements and documents into the SA courtrooms.

:scared:

Oh now it appears he is going to do side by side comparisons of her statement vs. her husbands statement....line by excruiciating line

Second breakfast here in the UK, first at 7am so I could watch start of proceedings, second at 9.15am (both croissant and apricot conserve - meaning I shall need to go on a strict diet at the end of the trial!). I might just get another in before lunch - LOL. All this sitting around waiting is making me hungry.

I remember reading that, as well, but it turned out to be either sloppy reporting or speculation/rumors.

They also reported that her skull was crushed by the cricket bat. It is no big surprise that their media has cases of false reporting.

Just wait until Hilton Botha takes the stand, Roux will rip him a new one and it wouldn't surprise me if he tries to get a large amount of evidence inadmissible because of crime scene contamination and just plain incompetence.

That being said, I can only imagine Roux is holding some kind of trump card, why on earth would he go on and on with this witness?? He is highly regarded in his field so am starting to think he must be playing the witness for some reason???

I read that Hilton Botha will not be a witness in this trial, Carol. Van Aardt took over from him.

Roux seems to be angling at something that Van Aaardt has done with the statements of MB and her husband

Ha, hear the court laughing WITH the witness and AT the defence?

Too late Roux, I am bored... Matlock, you are not. :maddening:

Oh now it appears he is going to do side by side comparisons of her statement vs. her husbands statement....line by excruiciating line

I think there's a method to his madness. He probably anticipates that the prosecutor will examine every word of Oscar's statements when he is on the hand to try to point out inconsistencies and portray him as a liar. Along the same lines, if minor inconsistencies mean Oscar's a liar - then the same goes for Burger.

I read that Hilton Botha will not be a witness in this trial, Carol. Van Aardt took over from him.

Roux seems to be angling at something that Van Aaardt has done with the statements of MB and her husband

I read a recent article that says Botha will be subpoenaed and called as a witness. The defense could call him even if the prosecution wants to forget all about him

The witness is brilliant! He can't shake her. He's trying too hard to make it look as though she and her hubby 'created' their statements together. It's not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb