Trial Discussion Thread #1 - 14.03.03-06, Day 1-4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that Hilton Botha will not be a witness in this trial, Carol. Van Aardt took over from him.

Roux seems to be angling at something that Van Aaardt has done with the statements of MB and her husband

Whaaat???? Surely he will be called, he was a responding officer and one of the first on the crime scene?? And Im sure Roux mentioned in his opening statement something about contaminated crime scene? (haven't read the statement myself admittedly). Will see if I can find info.

Yep, just saw this:
Might explain the cell number remark:
Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman · 7m
#OscarPistorius Roux: shows that on Burger’s statement her husband was originally written, scratched out, then replaced with her number. BB

Aha - he's not pointing out inconsistencies, he's pointing out how the statements are identical in their wording. It implies that the husband and wife got together and scripted their statements, which casts suspicion on their truthfulness.

'My lady, that's what I heard and I'm glad to hear my husband heard exactly the same'

He just had to apologise to witness for sarcasm!

:lol: Love the witness, not backing down to Roux.

Defence back to 'Oscar screams like a woman' theory...

He just had to apologise to witness for sarcasm!

He has definitely crossed the line a time or two. He told her she wasn't being honest in her testimony - that would never be allowed in the US. It would not even be attempted by a lawyer.

'Milady that was definitely a female I heard screaming'

She rightly tells the court that a gunshot would be much louder than the cricket bat thing.

As I noted here yesterfday, the bullet breaks the sound barrier and thus its wave packets include sonic booms. Not even Oscar's cricket bat swings will break the sound barrier....

Roux, witness Burger isn't deciding the case of your client, why must you put statements of your witness before her.

Why can't she just say "it sounded like gunshots" and concede that she has no information about what a cricket bat breaking a door sounds like compared to a gunshot? She is allowing Roux to drive home his point that she is committed to a particular version, so much so that she has never allowed the possibility for any other scenarios.

'Milady, just before he shouted for help, the female shouted for help. It was distinctly two different voices. I could hear it'

I beg to differ m'lady Roux, if your client premeditated the murder of Reeva, he would be trying to set up his story by screaming help, just in case someone hears the screams of his victim and the shots he is about to fire.

See there's his point - she won't make concessions even when they are obvious because she is afraid it will benefit the defense.

Mockery ..... Yes, I would call it a mockery as well as your argument/badgering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi