Trial Discussion Thread #1 - 14.03.03-06, Day 1-4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stipp is saying.. it was a person. he wont be drawn on whether it was a man or a woman he saw moving in the bathroom.

R: When did you see person walking in house?
S: After all the screaming.

Saying he didn't say it was a man, says he saw a person.

Roux looking for something in notes to contradict him...

it was a lightly coloured silhouette moving from right to left across the bathroom window..

If you refer to OP re machine gun, MSM got that wrong.
OP had applied for licenses for more guns, inlcuding machine gun, but they were not (yet) granted. He only had the 9mm semi.

God forbid anyone lets Oscar Pistorious anywhere near a machine gun. :noooo:

Roux switches to what Dr Stipp and Mr Stander talked about outside the house

Dr stipp says, he thought it was a family tragedy... his first impulse. were children involved in this screaming shooting man woman screaming.

Interesting all the lights next door to OP's house. Are they witnesses, does anyone know? They were obviously awake.

I've lost all my feeds now. Anyone else, or is it just me?

I think its reasonable to question what people think they hear vs. what they really hear. What I find more relevant, is that the Dr. on the stand says that the lights in the bathroom were on when he was on the balcony. (which I believe was after the first "bangs" and before the last ones). In O.P. statement, it is not clear to me when he actually turned the lights on. He says he might have turned them on after he called for help from the balcony. This fact seems more relevant to the actual truth of the matter. I am anxious to hear O.P.'s testimony as to when he actually turned the lights on.

I am still not clear on exactly when the Dr. saw the lights on related to when he heard a man calling for help. Before or after?

the light in the bathroom was on. and there was screaming with the light on. simultaneously.. light on, screaming on. this was what Dr Stipp saw from his balcony..

female screaming.. Stipp is not resiling for that, and I suppose the only way to change that and others witness statements is to get Oscar on the stand and scream as loud and as high as he can.. there just is no other way to make that version hold fast. all the experts saying it can be done wont mean diddley if Oscar cant replicate the screaming that each witness says was a woman, and Roux and his client say was Oscar himself.

its a mighty brick wall to jump over, and only a repeat of the scream from Oscar will resolve it, sort of.

So, Dr S is saying the light was on in the BATHROOM, not the toilet, when he heard shots fired? And he also said it was after the security guard had arrived he saw that, or did I mishear that? Could he have said after he'd SPOKEN to security, not seen them?

Has Oscar ever mentioned if the bathroom was dark or not? With the light on there, it would have made a little light in the bedroom, I think, so it wouldn't have been pitch black.

The bathroom doesn't have a door, I think, just the toilet?

looking back over archived stuff here.. I was searching for Oscars tirade at the Brazilian runner who defeated him at the Olympic games.. the biggest shock and grief that Oscar had suffered up until that time.. he expected to win, everyone expected him to win, and here comes an unknown Brazilian.. He has a public meltdown, and is fined for it, censured, eventually gets over it, but for 10 minutes he is a man enraged to the max, .... is Oscars sudden and uncontrollable outburst done in a voice as high as a screaming womans?

nope .. its a mans voice, furious, filled with rage, resentment and despair. Not one report , and it was reported relentlessly day after day, hour after hour in the 3 languages I can translate apart from English, that Oscar sounded like a terrified woman.

So, Dr S is saying the light was on in the BATHROOM, not the toilet, when he heard shots fired? And he also said it was after the security guard had arrived he saw that, or did I mishear that? Could he have said after he'd SPOKEN to security, not seen them?

Now tell me why would Reeva be in the toilet with the light not on? Unless she ran in there locked the door and was trying to hide from him.

Today the court was adjourned at 3: pm at Roux's request. The witness who's house is just 70 metres from OP's home testimony that the light was on in the bathroom, but not in the toilet has rattled him and he wants time to prepare himself before he continues with his cross examination.

I agree he was rattled. There was a silent pause that actually sounded long and clear.....I wonder if it is possible Roux, like me, got a little confused with the bathroom/toilet windows issue, and had read the witness statement, but didn't realise which window the Dr really meant?

Today the court was adjourned at 3: pm at Roux's request. The witness who's house is just 70 metres from OP's home testimony that the light was on in the bathroom, but not in the toilet had rattled him and he want time to prepare himself before he continues with his cross examination.[/QUOTE]

Could it be possible that Reeva was in the toilet when Oscar began shouting there was someone in the house and to call the police and that was why she locked the door and/or turned off the light?
Also possible she had been using the toilet in the dark and with his shouting about someone in the house, she had been scared to turn it on?

The statement I saw from O.P. was not clear on when he turned on the lights, It may have been after he called for help and put on his legs and before he broke down the door.

The defense says : Pistorius rushed back into the bedroom, opened the balcony door and screamed for help. He put on his prosthetic legs, rushed back to the bathroom and tried to kick down the toilet door open. He may also have turned the lights on.

I am not convinced that the witnesses account differs from Pistorius'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member