Trial Discussion Thread #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have switched a light on before moving anywhere - then again I wouldn't dream of picking up a gun and firing 4 shots through a door.

OP's gonna have to answer that one.

The flip side of that coin, and what defense will probably suggest is...

Would a couple to row for an hour in total darkness?

If injuries were inflicted to Reeva in that room would that have been done in total darkness?

Reeva isn't argumentative as we hear quite regularly so can we imagine she rowed for an hour?

Why OP didn't switch the light on is an issue that deals primarily with his state of mind at the time, but it doesn't help me much in narrowing down what happened that morning.

Now, if a close neighbor could confirm the bedroom light was on at any time between 2.00am and 3.00am, that would blow OP's statement right out of the water.

I might suggest that their eyes at that time of morning was adjusted to the darkness....no need for a light during a fight.....right?

Originally Posted by shane13
Unlikely.
A year ago here, based on statements from former BFs, it was said how non-confrontational, non-argumentative Reeva was.

Indeed we speculated last year, given this 1-hour arguing, that maybe OP had already prevented her from leaving, and that was possibly one of the things she was arguing about or for. Because again her nature, all who knew her said would have been to leave instead of arguing for so long.

BBM:

what time did she text her friends dad to say she would not be coming home that night?.....anyone ?

OP ---> :jail:

Originally Posted by shane13
Unlikely.
A year ago here, based on statements from former BFs, it was said how non-confrontational, non-argumentative Reeva was.

Indeed we speculated last year, given this 1-hour arguing, that maybe OP had already prevented her from leaving, and that was possibly one of the things she was arguing about or for. Because again her nature, all who knew her said would have been to leave instead of arguing for so long.

BBM:

what time did she text her friends dad to say she would not be coming home that night?.....anyone ?
About 10pm.

I would have switched a light on before moving anywhere - then again I wouldn't dream of picking up a gun and firing 4 shots through a door.

OP's gonna have to answer that one.

The flip side of that coin, and what defense will probably suggest is...

Would a couple to row for an hour in total darkness?

If injuries were inflicted to Reeva in that room would that have been done in total darkness?

Reeva isn't argumentative as we hear quite regularly so can we imagine she rowed for an hour?

Why OP didn't switch the light on is an issue that deals primarily with his state of mind at the time, but it doesn't help me much in narrowing down what happened that morning.

Now, if a close neighbor could confirm the bedroom light was on at any time between 2.00am and 3.00am, that would blow OP's statement right out of the water.

Regarding the argument and possible injury to Reeva in bedroom - The DT probably can't prove the bedroom light was off and it was pitch black in there, this is simply OPs statement. May be witness for DT but I doubt it.
Regarding the argument for one hour, even if she is not argumentative in nature she may have been trapped, locked in or exit blocked so no choice, just trying to defend herself and be allowed to leave.

this noise in the bathroom stuff.

Samantha testified that he had 'heard noises in the bathroom' before.. didn't go firing off 4 shots. checked it out, and found nothing...

its a thin thread here, but ... did he only hear noises in the bathroom when he had a female guest in his bedroom?? no one knows if he heard this same noise when he was there on his own..

it seems to me, that a hearing a noise in the bathroom, when its happened before and found to be nothing... that this would be the last thing to provoke 'deep terror and overwhelming fear'...it wouldn't be the first thing that sprang to mind, ones subconscious would reject it as a matter resolved previously..

I mean.. if it was a new noise. in the hallway clothes wardrobe. or the sound of his bedroom door being shuffled against.. ..maybe... long shot, but maybe..

but the old tired one , checked at least twice before...( when sharing his room with a female guest) and nothing done to secure the window..bars, mesh, whatever...

I found that part of Samanthas testimony startling..

and even more... IF he screamed "hey, robbers, get out of my house", and RS was in the loo, she would have said "OP, don't be paranoid dude,I'm in here". IF she did (which she would have IF his story was true), then OP knew he was shooting at Reeva in the bathroom.

And that is the part of his story that leaves a big gaping hole. The parts where he totally has no verbage or physical site of his beloved Reeva. But we hear what HE says through out this whole story. We also have silent intruders. So house guest and intruder speak no words. Nothing at all.

Thanks
I must have been dreaming because I thought one witness had heard some thuds/bangs within the hour prior to the shooting . Maybe I have just read it in a press statement . I have read so much now it is all blurring . I have also done so many screen shots to my iPad I struggle to find things when I want to refer to them ,need to sort into albums lol

It was this witness that testified to the hour long arguing that had wakened her at about 1:56am, after which she said she had heard the 4 bangs though I don't recall if it was specified how much longer after.

I believe, and I think Samantha believed , on the witness stand and when it happened that there was no noise heard.. she expressed no fear on the night he mentioned this noise.. nor on the 2nd time he said he heard it..

it's just that this was not a new thing, a new concept that he states he heard in the middle of the night.. its an old thing. ..

I wanna know what they were arguing about...!!...when did they next see each other after Feb. 8.????

..are there twits after that date???...I can't access Twitter.

But why is there white sticker with black arrows pointing to them? Which investigator marked crime scene evidence with those? It seems there are ones on the door as well. SS was maybe used because of fine blood spatter there but the other marks looks like something else, and it appear to have been marked and identified as something else as well.

Isn't that the day the defense team was in there at the same time? As for what had made the marks, perhaps an airgun without the pellets(ie. no way to prove when they happened)?

I wanna know what they were arguing about...!!...when did they next see each other after Feb. 8.????

..are there twits after that date???...I can't access Twitter.

maybe she was chewing gum.. maybe she put on an accent.. maybe she said, .. 'aww.. not the old noise in the bathroom stuff again, Oscar '

going by the msg txts it didn't take much to get him up to speed towards fury..

BIB
This got me thinking!
What do I want OP to answer?
A question to everyone on the board - What one question do you want Nel to ask OP when OP is on the stand?
I'm going to have a think about my one question, don't want to waste it! ;)
What question would clarify or confirm something for you?
What question would give you a sense of him lying or being truthful in his answer?
Let's come up with some really good questions and I'll forward them to Nel over the week end. ;) ;)

Hee hee quoting myself!

My question would be

"Thinking back to the night you shot and killed Reeva please tell me what you know about the woman's screaming that five witnesses have testified to hearing."

I think his answer will sound clearly truthful or not.

Of course it's possible OP is telling the truth. However, if he is not telling the truth but instead working around a concocted "trapped in bedroom suite with fear of intruder" theory, IMO he really had no choice but to claim the following:

- He was on the balcony when Reeva left the bed to go to the bathroom. If he'd been in the bedroom, he would have noticed Reeva leaving the bedroom. If he'd been in the bathroom or on his way back from the bathroom, they would've run into each other. If he'd been asleep in bed when he suddenly heard the bathroom noise, he would not have missed Reeva was not right next to him in bed. IMO, he had to say he was on the balcony.

- He closed the curtains after returning from the balcony. He needed to establish that it was so dark in the room, he didn't notice Reeva was absent from the bed, even when he was standing very close to the bed. It was necessary to state the curtains were closed after returning from the balcony.

- He reopened the balcony door after shooting Reeva through the bathroom door. IIRC, Van Rensburg stated the balcony door and curtains were open when police arrived. OP needed to explain when and why the door was reopened.

For the reasons outlined above, I am keeping an open mind (or a healthy skepticism, depending on how you look at it) about whether the door and curtains were closed and reopened, whether fans were brought in, etc. I'm not assuming these things to be true.

As for whether OP screams like a woman, I'm waiting to hear how the defense presents this. It was an interesting position to take. I'm pleased the defense didn't suggest it was an anonymous neighbor screaming for an unrelated reason, so I'm trying to keep an open mind.

As always, all of the above is just my opinion.

Hello all! Quick question: Many seem to believe that the DT is really going to put forth that Reeva was killed at 3:00 (approximately) and OP did his routine of screaming like a girl and arguing in both a man's and women's voice as 17 minutes (approximately) passed by before calling Stander and then Netcare; does anyone see that as a real possibility? I only ask because I just can't imagine that, although it sure looks like it from the tests at night that the DT did. Desperation is a word that comes to my mind...

Assuming she was the one who sent it, her friend had said in an interview that the text did not end the way it normally did iirc.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally?

I reckon they were thinking of bribing someone with the watches... why the heck else would they be of any importance at that time?

I'm thinking it had something to do with OP's safe that was behind his clothes in his cupboards in the bathroom passageway.

Hello all! Quick question: Many seem to believe that the DT is really going to put forth that Reeva was killed at 3:00 (approximately) and OP did his routine of screaming like a girl and arguing in both a man's and women's voice as 17 minutes (approximately) passed by before calling Stander and then Netcare; does anyone see that as a real possibility? I only ask because I just can't imagine that, although it sure looks like it from the tests at night that the DT did. Desperation is a word that comes to my mind...

Based on the type of questions the defense team asked witnesses during their cross exams, yes I think the defense team is going to claim this. Well, not the arguing in both a man and woman voice. The defense has maintained that the gunshots came first and occurred at/around 3 am.

Stake in the heart of the alibi is witnesses hearing killer yell, "help help help."

This locks in timeline because killer admitting going to the deck and yelling for help.

DT story is shots must have happened before the "help help help."

Problem is witnesses heard gun shots after the "help help help."

This locks in DT story that cricket bat must be sound witnesses heard, and that Reeva was in the bathroom for 10-15 minutes bleeding out.

Fitting end to the story will be when killer gets put away because of his attempt to mock and/or cover-up the screams of Reeva crying for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candace22