Trial Discussion Thread #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he's hot, brings in the fans, despite being hot shuts the balcony doors that had been open all night and shuts curtains and blinds leaving himself in total darkness to plug fans in.
LOL.

Originally Posted by shane13

Unlikely.
A year ago here, based on statements from former BFs, it was said how non-confrontational, non-argumentative Reeva was.

Indeed we speculated last year, given this 1-hour arguing, that maybe OP had already prevented her from leaving, and that was possibly one of the things she was arguing about or for. Because again her nature, all who knew her said would have been to leave instead of arguing for so long.

First of all, although Reeva wasn't confrontational or argumentative as such, it's clear from her texts that she certainly didn't take too kindly to being treated badly (and quite rightly so) and she took OP to task over it every single time by the looks of it (and quite rightly so) .. and I imagine that something like those texts happened that night, where OP treated her badly once again and she stood up to him (which he clearly did not like her keep doing .. the impression I get was that she was becoming a bit of a thorn in his side because he didn't like being told what his faults were).

But, as regards to her not just getting up and leaving that night .. that's what people do in these kinds of relationships .. they stay on longer because they want to try and sort it out and if it takes all night then they will do it. Reeva seemed like the sort of person who would want to sort out their problems .. 'make it all better' .. it's clear that she loved him with all her heart so of course she wanted to try and make the relationship work. She always comes across as a very forgiving sort of person, and I suspect that this is what she did on a number of occasions when he treated her badly, she kept forgiving him, and trying to make the relationship work .. so that night was just yet another occasion where she may have been trying to do that .. and then instead of the argument being resolved, it just escalated. It was getting quite late in the day/night by the time I suspect the disagreement was brewing, and in SA I doubt it's a good thing for a woman to being driving about on the roads on her own at that time of night, so basically she was trapped there. Sadly, it turns out she was more in danger of her life in that house than she would've been out on the road.

Yeah, why not? If he was bringing them in while she got up she would know.

He had just spoken with her.....so he knew she was up, yet, thought somebody else went to his potty room ?

Not been nit picky her but daughters don't tell there mothers everything so it may be that she was but didn't say anything to her mother ?
Some of her tweets infer she had some issues in previous relationships and the fact that she was just about to make a speech does indicate she may have .
Maybe it was emotional abuse not physical ?
Some victims of abuse feel embarrassed / ashamed to tell other people about it which is why it often has gone on for a long time .
This can be the case with lots of forms of bullying . My daughter was once being bullied at school . She had said nothing but fortunately her friend came and told me so I was able to have it dealt with . To this day I am still surprised that she had put up with it without speaking out to me or her teachers .
:)

That is a possibility but I don't know how a bunch of people who didn't know her would know that she was abused and her own mother wouldn't, especially if she was ashamed/embarrassed to talk about it. Her tweets are fairly vague, and her mother speculated that people assumed she was abused because she an outspoken anti abuse advocate and spoke at events.

So he's hot, brings in the fans, despite being hot shuts the balcony doors that had been open all night and shuts curtains and blinds leaving himself in total darkness to plug fans in.
LOL.

Right, if the balcony was open so the fans could blow the fresh air on to them and he brought them in he may have felt they didn't need to be open anymore. I can relate to that. If they were already plugged in he wouldn't need to search for the outlet.

I think the majority of us know that's it's very likely that the balcony doors and bathroom window were in fact open all night, it's so obvious how the Reeva opened bathroom window part is total nonsense, it makes no sense at all.

Originally Posted by Viper

Originally Posted by jay-jay
I've looked at quite a few pictures of that toilet door now, and the gap under it is so tiny (probably no more than half a centimetre) that that would be impossible. It looks no different to my own bathroom door, and you cannot even see the area of floor just under the door itself let alone anything behind it!
There is really no need to look at your bathroom door. I mean if I look at mine and report back to you that the gap between my door and the floor is large enough to see under would that have any real meaning to this conversation about OPs door? There is a gap, that really goes without saying and we will never know if he ever looked under and through it. We are just speculating about this odd little thing, that's all.

That's fine .. just that you've not convinced me on it yet! Take a look of the pix of the bathroom door again and see how close the bottom of it against the floor tiles .. it looks like it only just scraping above them .. I seriously don't see how you would be able to see anything underneath it and certainly nowhere enough to give any visual information about where to shoot.

It's not a coincidence. He's planting an idea in people's heads without actually knowing if it's true. And it worked.

Reeva's mother said it was untrue that she had ever been in an abusive relationship and is unsure of how that rumor started.
I can find no comment from June either confirming or denying a past history of abuse. If it is a rumour, it's a very pervasive one.

Apart from her plans to set up a legal practice in her home town, she was vocal on the subject of violence against women in South Africa, where three women a day are killed at the hands of abusive partners. Reeva herself had been in an emotionally abusive relationship before leaving Port Elizabeth and had told friends that modelling had helped restore her sense of self-worth. Ironically, she was due to give a speech to schoolchildren on that theme the day after she died. Sarit said, “Reeva was passionate about violence against women and giving women a voice to make themselves heard.”

"Reeva had already escaped one controlling boyfriend and then hooked up with Oscar – I was shocked. He is a great-looking guy, exciting to be around and lots of fun, but he definitely has a sinister side to him. He could really lose it, and you never wanted to be on the receiving end of his temper.”

It was going to be a motivational speech telling them how she had not just overcome the challenges of growing up poor and even breaking her back horseriding, but also escaping an abusive relationship.

Mike Steenkamp said his niece had been in an abusive relationship once and didn't "tolerate" domestic violence.

http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/lifestyle/big-issue/oscar-pistorius-reeva-steenkamp-death
http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/the-speech-reeva-never-gave-1.1471181#.Uz0ZJ_ldWMO
http://rockcenter.nbcnews.com/_news...aw-it-coming-reeva-steenkamps-uncle-says?lite

That's fine .. just that you've not convinced me on it yet! Take a look of the pix of the bathroom door again and see how close the bottom of it against the floor tiles .. it looks like it only just scraping above them .. I seriously don't see how you would be able to see anything underneath it and certainly nowhere enough to give any visual information about where to shoot.

When I lived in Europe I remember the bathroom doors would be flush against the ground. I think that's just how they are made, though I don't want to generalize.

Pistorius leaving the crime seen with evidence, not handing his phone in and conveniently ‘forgetting’ his whatsapp/mb password does make him look deceitful and I would think there should be charges laid. I agree, you have to ask whatever were they doing with the mb over that period.

It is ridiculous that he, or someone around Pistorius, and the defense team withheld such a vital piece of evidence until February 26th.

I hope Nel can use that to pin Pistorius down on the stand about who helped him take the phone from the crime scene and why did he hinder the investigation by not giving them the password on a device he used continuously.

It may also mean Pistorius was not truthful on the 19 February bail affidavit:

I have no knowledge of any evidentiary material which may exist with regard to the allegations levelled against me. In any event, I believe that whatever such evidence may be, it is in the possession of the police; it is safely secured and I do not have access thereto. I undertake not to interfere with any further investigations.

Having a main mobile phone in the possession of the defense team (or his own hands) through the bail hearing until Feb 26 is pretty much the definition withholding evidentiary material. Thanks also for making the police have to fly to California to phonejack the material.

Excellent post KT.

And coupling the 5th phone issue to statements made in his affidavit—making I teven more incriminating, Kudos to you.

Of course, it is already a serious crime to remove evidence from a crime scene.
Why was 14 days needed before handing it to people DT saw everyday? HINT: That phone could have been far away for a while… What other reason for not handing it in right away to people they saw everyday?
No chain of custody for 14 days screams possible alteration of data. No investigation by Pros, or asking for one by the judges, screams or hints at collusion and double standard for OP.

Someone had posted the quote from Reeva's mother June. I will see if I can find it.

That is a possibility but I don't know how a bunch of people who didn't know her would know that she was abused and her own mother wouldn't, especially if she was ashamed/embarrassed to talk about it. Her tweets are fairly vague, and her mother speculated that people assumed she was abused because she an outspoken anti abuse advocate and spoke at events.

Sorry I am a bit confused now . Which people that didn't know her have stated that she was abused ? We are just hypothesising here .
However we do know that her friends father had to speak to OP which is surprising considering the short length of their relationship .

Sorry I am a bit confused now . Which people that didn't know her have stated that she was abused ? We are just hypothesising here .
However we do know that her friends father had to speak to OP which is surprising considering the short length of their relationship .

People that didn't know her as in rumors. However, if her uncle had said it, that is different. I still don't know how her uncle would know and not her own mother.

but no lights on yet, correct?

It's hard for me to link to the Daily Mail, lol, but here is Steenkamp's notes from the speech she planned to give the day after her death. In her own words, notes for the speech about domestic abuse and a previous emotionally abusive relationship.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-previous-abusive-relationship-shooting.html

5. I was in an abusive relationship at the same time (his mother used to abuse him) and all together these factors encouraged my move to Jozi.

Plus, the mother has been quoted in interviews as having a stern phone conversation with Pistorius about his reckless speeding that scared Steenkamp. Steenkamp also told her that Pistorius had been arguing a lot in the weeks just prior to the shooting.

It's hard for me to link to the Daily Mail, lol, but here is Steenkamp's notes from the speech she planned to give the day after her death. In her own words, notes for the speech about domestic abuse and a previous emotionally abusive relationship.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-previous-abusive-relationship-shooting.html

5. I was in an abusive relationship at the same time (his mother used to abuse him) and all together these factors encouraged my move to Jozi.

Plus, the mother has been quoted in interviews as having a stern phone conversation with Pistorius about his reckless speeding that scared Steenkamp. Steenkamp also told her that Pistorius had been arguing a lot in the weeks just prior to the shooting.

Then it appears her mother simply may not have known.

But driving/speeding recklessly is not abuse. Neither is arguing.

People that didn't know her as in rumors. However, if her uncle had said it, that is different. I still don't know how her uncle would know and not her own mother.

Well going back to my daughter . I had kept noticing some really bad bruises on her legs and had asked her about it . She had assured me she had just hurt herself accidentally . Because she was accident prone I accepted her explanation. A few weeks later a boy from her class asked if he could speak to me and told me that he had seen my daughter being assaulted by another boy in the class several times and again that day . He begged me not to tell the teachers he had told me but thought it was serious enough to warrant attention
When my daughter came out of school I could see immediately that she had a large bloody scrape down her leg .
When I told her that someone had told me she was being bullied she told me everything .
This being the case I still feel that it is possible that IF Reeva was or had been abused in anyway she may not have told her mother JMO

Well going back to my daughter . I had kept noticing some really bad bruises on her legs and had asked her about it . She had assured me she had just hurt herself accidentally . Because she was accident prone I accepted her explanation. A few weeks later a boy from her class asked if he could speak to me and told me that he had seen my daughter being assaulted by another boy in the class several times and again that day . He begged me not to tell the teachers he had told me but thought it was serious enough to warrant attention
When my daughter came out of school I could see immediately that she had a large bloody scrape down her leg .
When I told her that someone had told me she was being bullied she told me everything .
This being the case I still feel that it is possible that IF Reeva was or had been abused in anyway she may not have told her mother JMO

Well, it appears from the quote provided by Kate that the abuse was of a controlling/emotional nature so her mother may not have seen physical evidence, in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy