Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the ad I remember had Ian Botham in it but I just inserted the first link that came up. They are like sawdust until you soak them in hot milk for a few minutes. Talking of breakfast cereal, what's the food like in SA prisons, I wonder. And does anyone know, if OP is found guilty, will he get special treatment on account of his disability? Ian Huntley, serving life for murder (in the UK) has all sorts of privileges, designer clothes, a choice of meals from a fancy menu, personal Freeview TV, a Sony CD player, stereo and Nintendo games console etc etc. It seems rather excessive for a child murderer, doesn't it? I'm not sure what kind of special privileges disabled prisoners get here in the UK, but I'd think that someone with OP's problems would be granted their own room at least?

Hmmm... I looked at the SA prisons last year and it seemed to me that they mirror those of Latin America, like Peru and Brasil. Not good at all. Basic like a prison should be when a life sentence is 25-35 years and then the murderer is set free.

OP reminds me of Joran Van Der Sloot, currently in a max security prison in Peru. He was a celebrity but now he is just another convict serving his time in a deplorable prison, the only luxury is the food and things that people bring. There are lots of convicts in these prisons who have a similar disability to OP. there is a huge prison right there in Pretoria, so his family will bring him treats frequently I'm sure.

So the downstairs window had been broken for some time. OP, being the security minded person that he is, waits for how long before he gets the new window in? OP also claims to have left the balcony sliding doors open for at least 5 hours even though he knew that a ladder was left on the ground under the balcony. So how exactly does that show that he is paranoid about intruders coming into his home?

Sorry but to me it sounds like a ready made excuse to kill Reeva.

MOO

IF Oscar is telling the truth it is easy to imagine her quietly locking the door and standing at the door trying to determine what was going on. It is exactly what I expect I would do.

I think hearing OP coming towards her and yelling out "Get out of my house" and "Reeva call police" would make her say something to OP. But then I don't believe his story at all and believe that Reeva ran for the toilet room to get away from an already ticked off OP and that she was yelling/screaming/crying for quite some time.

MOO

I had a visitor when Nel was questioning about the double tap theory. What happened, & has Roux now denied or withdrawn his clients instruction.

IF Oscar is telling the truth it is easy to imagine her quietly locking the door and standing at the door trying to determine what was going on. It is exactly what I expect I would do.

In OP's version, I don't think she would've had chance to do that, quite honestly .. according to him, she would've been totally unaware of what was going on until he was entering the bathroom shouting 'get out of my house' and then firing directly into the door and beyond (i.e her).. she wouldn't have been standing directly at the door listening to see what was going on, not in that short space of time (we're talking fractions of seconds here .. in OP's version)

I had a visitor when Nel was questioning about the double tap theory. What happened, & has Roux now denied or withdrawn his clients instruction.

Roux completely backtracked on that, said it was 'his mistake'. It got Nel riled, who interjected and said that if defence is changing their whole story now, he wants to cross examine.

I thought the stuff he'd spoken of before came across loud, confident and clear. It was only the incidents where there were suggestions he was drunk, aggressive or reckless that he defaulted to the stilted language?

and when the dreaded word "drugs" surfaced.

Remind me someone - was the double tap, bang bang - bang bang?

Or, as Nel is now oddly putting it 'duff duff - duff duff'

Another thing that I thought of when OP was giving his life story......

Roux tried to claim that Mrs. Stipp should have heard a dog barking that early morning when OP shot and killed Reeva. Yet according to OP his "guard dogs" don't bark at anyone, based on them not barking when police were at his house. So where exactly was Roux trying to go with that nonsense? Or was that some BS that Roux put out there because Mrs. Stipp's testimony was damning to OP's case?

RS "bowled him over"? The extensive DT no doubt tried out a lot of phrases, and that was the winner?

Well he couldn't very well say that she knocked him off his feet. I would think that "took my breath away" or something along those lines would have worked better since Reeva was OP's "beloved", or so he would have us believe.

MOO

During trial this morning, were Reeva's wounds on her back shown?

Those querying Oscar's possibility of having been coached: Barry Bateman said he guaranteed he'd been coached very thoroughly indeed.

The instability on stumps, claimed by Oscar: is that to account for the position of bullet holes in door (he was wobbly) or to account for him shooting immediately in the 1st place? Even though he'd just lugged fans in and approached a potential intruder in a wobbly, imbalanced state?? I couldn't fathom that claim.

Regarding the broken window. Nel spent a lot of time getting evidence of that put on the record. So OP can say he had a replacement gift wrapped in birthday party paper in the house but Nel doesn't seem to believe that. We will see.

BTW. Does OP have a new set of bedroom doors sitting around waiting to replace the bashed in, barged through bedroom doors upstairs too? :D

Regarding the broken window. Nel spent a lot of time getting evidence of that put on the record. So OP can say he had a replacement gift wrapped in birthday party paper in the house but Nel doesn't seem to believe that. We will see.

BTW. Does OP have a new set of bedroom doors sitting around waiting to replace the bashed in, barged through bedroom doors upstairs too? :D

No but he has the receipt where he paid for them. They are special order and just haven't arrived yet. :blushing:

And just so there is no confusion here, that was just me putting my spin on it and not what has actually been found out as truth.

It involves the fear of intruders. He is supposed to have a paranoid fear of intruders in his home. He even testified today about that fear today. A genuine fear like that would never have an unfixed broken window, it just doesn't ring true. My paranoid relative triple checks everything, then triple checks them again lol. If something is broken or out of place, then nobody in the house is getting any sleep that night.

It's there to draw your own conclusions from certainly. If Nel thinks it's of any significance, he'll mention it.

In the grand scheme of things how does it even benefit a burglar? It's not even a valid security problem. A burglar can't exactly climb through it, unless he's got some unusual powers to make his body like a snake. It'd be as easy to try and get in through the letterbox. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch