Trial Discussion Thread #26 - 14.04.15, Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, when I sat down to watch the trial unfold this morning I really thought that we were likely to have a few more days of Oscar on the stand. Everything finished really quickly.

I am glad I don't have to listen to his whiny voice anymore though - it was quite nauseating at times. Also, it's a shame we didn't get to see him giving evidence. I do believe body language can reveal a lot about a person's communication. The judge will have benefited from this...

I know I am repeating myself, but why not rely on the time stamps of the photographs? Nel could have shown both and then pointed out the time stamps, IMO. There are two sets of photographs being relied on here. The first ones that were done, and then the second set as the duvet and jeans were taken as they were unfolded to further photograph the evidence. The second set are the ones the defense uses to muddy the waters, IMO. I do hope if there is such a thing as closing in SA that Nel points this out.

MOO

OP complaining to the judge that even the replica of his toilet door has been doctored and tampered .

Yes, but it was very important the OP let the judge know the replicated door frame was not like his door frame in his home.

Very important.

This is what the door frame in his new home is going to look like >>> :jail:

Can anybody confirm that Reeva's phone had been in the toilet at any point or is it just that it was in the toilet room?

If it had been in the toilet bowl, it would have been covered in blood which it wasn't.

But I can do you one better... I am not relying on reconstruction, I can recollect that he did not say it was in the toilet bowl! :)

.. and he didn't even get choked up when reading it out to the court. Amazing.

Since this was an spur of the moment evidence presented by Roux to the court OP's psychologist never had the opportunity to coach him to bellow out in pain while reading it :)

Screaming test must be next....Speakers have been set up in the courtroom

EBM Typo

Wow....

All that and OP never demonstrated how he could scream like a woman about to be murdered?

Since this was an spur of the moment evidence presented by Roux to the court OP's psychologist never had the opportunity to coach him to bellow out in pain while reading it :)

BBM:

I'm sure the calm way OP read that card was not lost on the judge and many, many people.

:moo:

I think that if the only thing the DT can use is this business of crime scene contamination over and over, then they have a pretty weak case. They surely must realise that if it were that easy, then every single murderer would try and use 'contamination of the crime scene' in order to get off. Somehow I think the recording of such crime scenes is just a weeny bit more sophisticated than this. (<<-- sarcasm intended)

I know I am repeating myself, but why not rely on the time stamps of the photographs? Nel could have shown both and then pointed out the time stamps, IMO. There are two sets of photographs being relied on here. The first ones that were done, and then the second set as the duvet and jeans were taken as they were unfolded to further photograph the evidence. The second set are the ones the defense uses to muddy the waters, IMO. I do hope if there is such a thing as closing in SA that Nel points this out.

MOO

I saw you ask earlier and I hesitated because I am very vague on the details and I could be totally off base but I vaguely recall there being some debate on the accuracy of the time stamps... ???

Can anyone else help fill in the blanks here? Did I just imagine that? lol

Barry Bateman &#8207;@barrybateman 2 mins
#OscarTrial Pistorius was being comforted by Aimee and another man when Roux approached, ushered them away and had a stern chat… BB

Barry Bateman &#8207;@barrybateman 3 mins
#OscarTrial I think Roux was chatting to Pistorius about him interrupting the judge when she was addressing counsel about the door frame. BB

Barry Bateman &#8207;@barrybateman 3m
#OscarTrial when Masipa was asking counsel those questions, it wasn’t for the witness to “if I might add…” BB

LOL

But that's who OP is, a control freak

Speakers are being taken into the courtroom!

OMG!

Are we going to have to listen to OP scream? No fair. There is no way to replicate the moment under the same circumstances. Besides, I do not believe OP even screamed.

Thanks for the warning! Time for the anti-nausea medicine!

Absolutely .. Roux keeps doing this, deliberately confusing the different sets of crime scene photos in order to make it look like the police contaminated the crime scene .. but anyone with half a brain will know that the first set of photos were taken exactly as the crime scene was left and then subsequent photos need to be taken of individual items, and certain things have to be moved in order to take those photos.

it might make for confusing watching. but surely the judge is well aware of how crime scene photographic evidence is collected.

it will only make sense for op, if roux can show the first set is not the 'true' first set.

Sky talking about the possibility of hearing a recording of OP screaming. This worries me because, unless I heard incorrectly, OP recorded these screams in a studio. In a studio there are possibilities that the pitch/tone of a recording can be changed markedly. I hope Nel picks up on this.

OP indicated under questioning that he had not returned to his property so they could not be live screams from the scene of the crime. Even if they were from his property there is always the possibility of them having been altered significantly. It takes little to change the voice of a male to a female and vice versa. Nel needs to get this thrown out.

I think that if the only thing the DT can use is this business of crime scene contamination over and over, then they have a pretty weak case. They surely must realise that if it were that easy, then every single murderer would try and use 'contamination of the crime scene' in order to get off. Somehow I think the recording of such crime scenes is just a weeny bit more sophisticated than this. (<<-- sarcasm intended)

I agree. I think this argument works better in a celebrity case. One can imagine the attitude and procedure of the police could be affected by this...

I saw you ask earlier and I hesitated because I am very vague on the details and I could be totally off base but I vaguely recall there being some debate on the accuracy of the time stamps... ???

Can anyone else help fill in the blanks here? Did I just imagine that? lol

I have a vague memory of it also, but when Roux was speaking. Now I'm not sure! I just wanted Nel to drive that point home!

ETA: The actual time might be off but the sequence wouldn't!

OMG!

Are we going to have to listen to OP scream? No fair. There is no way to replicate the moment under the same circumstances. Besides, I do not believe OP even screamed.

Thanks for the warning! Time for the anti-nausea medicine!

And earplugs!

But that's who OP is, a control freak

His personality is so freakish it makes you forget he has no legs. I bet what Reeva saw with him flipping out, chasing her on his stumps, was what made her let out those horrified screams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech