Trial Discussion Thread #26 - 14.04.15, Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a guy on Oscar Radio at 8pm (I'm guessing SA time) whose worked with both Nel and Roux. The DJ on there also pointed out that Roux's time with OP on the stand today was only 9 mins.

Wow....that article. I know its the mirror but usually they are right with gossip.

I wonder if there is more to come out but can't till after this trial.

i agree with the wow.

caveat. the events are from his own book. so there might be some facts in there. and some exaggerations.

'The revelations about Pistorius’ tangled personal life are detailed in his 2009 memoir Blade Runner'

OMG is this typical behavior for a professional psychologist??

Just like uncle Arnold looked so pleased with OP after the bat/door demonstration this morning, with a big smile on his face :facepalm:

Excerpt from the Valentines Day speech that RS never made makes it clear she was expecting a gift from OP the evening before or that morning. What she did not know was it would be four black talon bullets.

"

wow,,,,,,thanks for that...I hadn't seen it before...that I can remember. "I'm not sure"

But....oh gawd....that is sad..

Is Milady not influenced by the charms of OP perchance? ;)

As you all describe Nel's seemingly truncated cross-exam, I immediately flashed back on AZ's Juan Martinez who did similar things in his questioning. He would get what he felt he needed and just stop, leaving spectators wondering why.

So now he's testifying about wounds when he specifically said he had no experience in it

LOL....thanks...I missed all testimony since lunch. so....I am reading here and .......:floorlaugh:

Tomorrow :) Thanks! I usually takes me 24-48 hours to do each day.

My "real life" is greatly suffering, lol. I'll make up for it in May.
[/B

bbm

:floorlaugh:

Except for that other trial that's going to start in May....there must be at least one....LOL!

Thanks for all your contributions on here!

Doesn't the message in the Valentines card at least cast doubt on the idea that this was an abusive, non loving relationship? Reeva was a beautiful, sucessful, financially independent woman, she could have been involved with almost anyone she wanted, I'm certain..to cast her as somehow trapped in an abusive situation, I don't buy it...she did not have to write on the card that she loved him, she chose to, and that speaks volumes to me. I think that card will have a big influence on the Judge, very telling that Nel did not have it read out, since it strongly contradicts the relationship he has tired to portray.

If you honestly believe that, I'm afraid you simply don't understand how controlling abusive relationships work .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems that they are saying she was in fear of the intruder too after hearing OP yelling, so she was hiding, not coming out. OP says she moved the magazine rack, so that goes against saying she was opening the door. Dixon really shot OP in the foot with his "splinter" testing! LOL!!! If I can understand this then rest assured that Mr. Nel and all of those investigators can too.

This expert witness will, I strongly believe, yield to the State's version of events when Mr. Nel cross examines him tomorrow. He is a professional and does not want to stake out a ridiculous claim, and so when asked specific questions based upon all of the evidence he will concede almost all of his opinions that he gave today; just like the pathology professor did.

i did think it was odd that all the initial splinter stuff seemed to confirm that she was standing close to the door. which is what state had said iirc. why have an expert witness to agree with state evidence?

Another theory.

OP shoots Reeva for whatever reason. Realises what he's done and thinks to himself, if she survives, it will come out anyway and thats my career finished and decides to shoot 3 more times to make sure the jobs a guddan. Its lame but im just being as illogical as OP.

It's not lame, benn, it's exactly what has been suggested here by a number of people, including myself.

There's a guy on Oscar Radio at 8pm (I'm guessing SA time) whose worked with both Nel and Roux. The DJ on there also pointed out that Roux's time with OP on the stand today was only 9 mins.

BIB. There is a saying that fits: "You cannot unring the bell." The damage that OP did to his defense is so great that Mr. Roux wasn't even willing to try...

LisaL,

I've not read your blog before but I will (read it). I'm not following the case day-to-day so appreciate a good thoughtful recap.

Question for those who are supporters of OP: do you believe OP's rendition of what happened that night as he told it on the stand? Or, do you have some doubts?

no further re-exam. whaaaat!! :eek:hwow:

WHAAATT?????? OMG. Wow.

Guess Roux figured Oscar will just dig his hole deeper b/c he might throw in new versions of his story. Decided not to risk it, wow.

That mirror article....
"Screaming rows"
"Intense relationship"
"Fiery"

Sams relationship

Screamed and shouted at her, her friends and family.

Reeva scared of him, belittling, sulking, etc etc

How would anyone think he wasnt abusive???

This should be an eye opener for the few OP apologists over here who adamantly insist he is just a spoiled brat, who proudly displays at will his mischievous temper.

BIB. There is a saying that fits: "You cannot unring the bell." The damage that OP did to his defense is so great that Mr. Roux wasn't even willing to try...

Yes, the attorneys being interviewed said it was tactical and the right thing to do to prevent OP from any more damaging answers to questioning. It also meant that Roux was able to talk to OP now.

LisaL,

I've not seen your blog but I'd like to. I'm not keeping up with this case on a day by day basis and appreciate reading thoughtful updates. Not sure where to find said blog but I'll root about on the Interwebs.

Question for those who are supporters of OP: do you believe OP's rendition of what happened that night as he told it on the stand? Or, do you have some doubts?

I pulled info in from Lisa's blog (I think it was Lisa's) but I couldn't get the link to go in. I'll send it to you in a PM, Madeline. She does great recaps....

heck, we don't even do Christmas...I am so glad about it as it is a PITA.....we get what we want all year...

however.....a new relationship..Valentines is a special day...for some it seems.

moo

Yes, you are probably right.

I'm soooo confused after today!

Wasn't it said that she had changed into some of his clothes, rather than pyjamas, i.e. vest and shorts.

What was Nel going on about when he said she took her jeans off in order to leave???? I just do not get that!

Also from seeing the Valentines card Reeva had such neat and tidy handwriting I can't believe she was the sort to just drag off her clothes and leave them in a heap on the floor, especially with a disabled boyfriend.

Head hurtee now *holds head in hands Oscar stylee*

Noo .. it was deffo PJ's early on in the evening .. I thought it a bit weird too, that she would do that .. then again, PJ bottoms were actually fashionable here a couple of years back and girls used to wear them out during the day time!

The wearing of the shorts (apparently belonging to OP) and vest came later (and were the ones she was killed whilst wearing).

Thanks aoibhinn!

It's a challenge to keep up with each day's happenings here while also trying to follow other cases too.

What case is starting in May that was alluded to? Not ringing a bell for me.

OMG...listening to part one today....and OP hit Reeva across the back with bat?!?!

Marks on her back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member