Trial Discussion Thread #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just investigated that...TD last posted this morning and it says "TimeOut" under his name. He must have said something naughty :).

5 cyber bucks says that TrueDetective will be back!
Oh. When I looked it said 'former member'!!

I just checked again and he is indeed on temp vacation. Good to know he'll be back :smile:

5 cyberbucks into the pot says they aren't, and given what we know right now, the entire crime scene is inadmissible evidence.

Mistrial!

Once again your understanding of the law is completely lacking.

Dead body - check.

Admitted killer - check.

Admitted killer testified and materially contradicted his own sworn BA - Check.

5 witnessed testified to hearing the murder - check.

There will be no mistrial, in spite of your inexplicable desire for one.

There will only be 4 guilty verdicts.

Illegal possession of ammo - guilty.
Count 1 of illegally discharging firearm - guilty.
Count 2 of illegally discharging firearm - guilty.
Murder - guilty.

:jail:

The 5th phone...
The whatsapp stuff (data)would have been on a server and the police can go directly to the owner
pics and text messages would have been removed by team op perhaps a phone call was made on it that he wanted nobody to see

Pretty sure that's incorrect.

WhatsApp only stores messages locally on the phone, and only for 7 days.

Sorry, I'm on a mission now and moving to have all evidence thrown out and a mistrial declared based on tainted, tampered, and missing evidence.

Until Minor4th rules against me.

Fortunately the judge takes no notice whatsoever of anything we say on here :D

Didn't OP original story state that RS was in bed, and that comforter covered her. That is his best defense, as to why he would presume she was in bed. If no comforter on her, then he should have noticed EMPTY bed, had she gone to bathroom. So, what was his final testimony regarding the comforter position? I have another thought on this, but will not post at this time.
OP explained very well about the duvet.

“When I got out of bed, I wasn’t holding my face until after I got out of bed, I rubbed my face and then I turned to get out of the bed. When I moved the duvet I saw that the duvet went up and from that I can deduct that Reeva at least her legs were under the duvet.”

:confused:

Am I going mad? That looks like a newly opened curtain under the duvet, shows a curtain ring? It has the crease marks. Its flat and the duvet looks like a 4 tog thickness?

Sorry, I'm on a mission now and moving to have all evidence thrown out and a mistrial declared based on tainted, tampered, and missing evidence.

Keep us up to -date how this goes k?:facepalm:

What missing evidence? the phone? ask OP.

OP indicated that the duvet had been moved. It's not his position to determine how or why the jeans ended up on top of the duvet.
This will be brought into play by the DT, if they think it's appropriate.

The above conclusion that nothing has been moved would be more appropriate if we were at the summing up stage of the trial. There are many things that Roux hasn't contested yet, as he's yet to call the remaining witnesses.

There's a problem with your reasoning.

OP testified he dropped the jeans where they are shown in the photograph. He agreed to that.

But the duvet is beneath the jeans.

Oops.

OP is saying that somehow the police moved the duvet UNDER the jeans in the exact spot where he dropped them.

That's an example of something being so improbable that it's impossible. The police didn't pick up the jeans, move them, place the duvet on the floor, then replace the jeans on top of the duvet.

Nah... just nah.

Am I going mad? That looks like a newly opened curtain under the duvet, shows a curtain ring? It has the crease marks. Its flat and the duvet looks like a 4 tog thickness?

I noticed that when I looked at the pic earlier .But didn't point it out because........... a couple weeks ago.........

I had to ask my landlady what a duvet was ( I even pronounced it wrong). Kinda like a thinner comforter or fancy blanket (with no curtain ring). Do duvets have metal rings in them?

Vermeulen did not conclude all the bat strikes occurred after the shots - but rather that he couldn't establish a definitive sequence - which the second link I posted very clearly states.

Considering I did provide links to the assertions in my post, at this point I really can't do anything but simply agree to disagree with those who feel the limited forensic evidence available substantiates OP's testimony.

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

Roux: If we look at this door, it is consistent, and I think it's conclusive in fact, and if you disagree we can go through it, that when the shots were fired the door was intact. It was not broken.

Vermeulen: That is true my Lady.

Roux: What is your view? When was the door hit?

Vermeulen: When was the door hit?

Roux: Hit with the bat. Before or after the shots.

Vermeulen: My Lady, I would say the door was hit after the shots, or at least some part of it broke after the shots. (Goes on to explain crack evidence)

[Ajournement]

Roux: Just before the adjournment you explained the basis why you testified that the shots were fired first and then it was the cricket bat hitting the door, (Vermuleun interjects 'That's correct') and you specifically refererred to the crack" (describes crack again)

Etc.

So while he does more than once reference the crack as the single piece of evidence he bases his conclusion on, he does not ever disagree with Roux and is clearly comfortable with a general conclusion about the order of events in this portion of his testimony. It is not until re-direct and Nel's questions that he concedes he can't draw any conclusions about a definitive sequence.

Wouldn't a mistrial have already been granted if that was the case? Guess your mission has been cut short. :D

Man, it's a good thing that there is no one here who can rule against me. That feels so good. :cool:

Why is your mission to protect an admitted killer?

As a reminder, here is a list of the timestamps of the photos given in court:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Timeline Thread ***NO DISCUSSION***

Any photo taken after 6:17 a.m. must be suspect because that is the point at which there were others besides Van Staden present in the crime scene. Recall also that in the middle of photographing upstairs, Van Staden left and went to photograph the outside of OP's house - and in those photos, you can see people standing in OP's bathroom through the open window
Thanks for the link .
I haven't seen the photo of people in the bathroom window . Is it available anywhere and has it been discussed in the trial ? If it has I must have missed it
TIA

There's a problem with your reasoning.

OP testified he dropped the jeans where they are shown in the photograph. He agreed to that.

But the duvet is beneath the jeans.

Oops.

OP is saying that somehow moved the duvet UNDER the jeans in the exact spot where he dropped them.

That's an example of something being so improbable that it's impossible. The police didn't pick up the jeans, move them, place the duvet on the floor, then replace the jeans on top of the duvet.

Nah... just nah.

.. and the continuous blood trail across the carpet, then onto the duvet and then with the jeans overlapping, seals the whole thing and confirms that the duvet hadn't been moved .. and if the duvet couldn't have been moved, then the fan could've have been placed there like OP says it was (not to mention the fan lead wasn't long enough to reach that position anyway :facepalm: )

Pretty sure that's incorrect.

WhatsApp only stores messages locally on the phone, and only for 7 days.

Unread messages are kept for 30 days also I read this...

Experts said that there is a general perception that Whatsapp and Blackberry Messenger services are more secure than SMS and were thus used for communicating for spot fixing. The services are more difficult to track but the authorities have access to these services. The messages sent on these services are encrypted and exists outside mobile service provider.

It's quite possible Reeva used it for her yoga. I'm not sure how it indicates that they never went to bed though.

You said it yourself.

It's not in a position that you would expect it to fall had they been sleeping in bed and gotten out of bed in an expected manner.

It wasn't kicked off. It wasn't pulled off to one side.

You're 100% right. That duvet can't end up on the floor where it's at if Reeva was sleeping in bed and got up to use the bathroom.

Great find!!

I noticed that when I looked at the pic earlier .But didn't point it out because........... a couple weeks ago.........

I had to ask my landlady what a duvet was ( I even pronounced it wrong). Kinda like a thinner comforter or fancy blanket (with no curtain ring). Do duvets have metal rings in them?

To me a duvet it the white squashy bit and the outside is usually a cotton covering, the duvet cover. But under it, which the jeans are on, is a thin curtain looking material. No duvets don't usually have rings in them!

Australian newspapers today:
http://www.news.com.au/world/oscar-...l-acting-lessons/story-fndir2ev-1226892820975

Oscar Pistorius denies taking pre-trial acting lessons
APRIL 22, 2014
"...A statement released by a spokesperson for the Pistorius family, Anneliese Burgess, says the “suggestion that Mr. Pistorius ‘took acting lessons’ is totally devoid of any truth”. The media manager goes on to deny any lessons or “any form of emotional coaching”, in the statement published on the athlete’s website"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow