Trial Discussion Thread #34 - 14.05.06 Day 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link as to proof that Aimee took Reeva's bag from the crime scene?

I know she talked about getting it upstairs. But when did CS say Aimme took it from the crime scene? Durng cross? If so,when please?

This is from a South African paper.

“Aimee also kept Steenkamp's bag to keep it safe so it could be given to the model's mother, June.”

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/neighbour-tells-of-frantic-bid-to-save-reeva-1.1683650

If you don't feel it is proof enough Stander's daughter was on on the stand for a short while and you can see all the videos here:

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/oscar-pistorius-trial-archive/

Downside is that the videos take a while to load. I am sure you will find one on You Tube.

Hello everyone, first time post. Just a quick thought about the inside-out jeans: I believe it was stated that Reeva had been doing laundry at OP's house earlier that day. I usually wash all my jeans and dark pants inside out because I have read that it helps prevent fading during the wash. A plausible explanation, perhaps.

I can imagine clothes and bedcovers being thrown around in the heat of an argument where Reeva might have wanted to pack her things and get dressed to leave or if OP was making a scene telling her to "Get the F... out of my house!" and throwing her things out the window.

I'd still like to see exactly what Ipad cover that was...there is the one that is 79$ that is brushed leather and very nice but it hooks to via magnet and falls off constantly. The other covers on the Ipads? Most do not just "fall off" or become seperated. how on earth did the cover come off that Ipad? Was she looking at cars again online? Why don't we know the last URL's that were visited on the Iphone and or Ipads in that home? There seems to be a few things missing for me in this case...and; the crime scene Does Not Match OP story in any way. He makes me sick; watching him in the courtroom. I really hope he is given his due reward in a cell. This judge is really worrying me; the least squeak from anyone and she takes a break; I have huge issues with her at this point.

I'd still like to see exactly what Ipad cover that was...there is the one that is 79$ that is brushed leather and very nice but it hooks to via magnet and falls off constantly. The other covers on the Ipads? Most do not just "fall off" or become seperated. how on earth did the cover come off that Ipad? Was she looking at cars again online? Why don't we know the last URL's that were visited on the Iphone and or Ipads in that home? There seems to be a few things missing for me in this case...and; the crime scene Does Not Match OP story in any way. He makes me sick; watching him in the courtroom. I really hope he is given his due reward in a cell. This judge is really worrying me; the least squeak from anyone and she takes a break; I have huge issues with her at this point.

Yes, and I wonder whose DNA would be on the mugs on both the left and right hand sides of the bed??

This is from a South African paper.

“Aimee also kept Steenkamp's bag to keep it safe so it could be given to the model's mother, June.”

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/neighbour-tells-of-frantic-bid-to-save-reeva-1.1683650

If you don't feel it is proof enough Stander's daughter was on on the stand for a short while and you can see all the videos here:

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/oscar-pistorius-trial-archive/

Downside is that the videos take a while to load. I am sure you will find one on You Tube.

Thanks.

this is from your source:
"Aimee also kept Steenkamp's bag to keep it safe so it could be given to the model's mother, June. "

I guess that means Aimee took it from the crime scene. Would like to see something though from a cop or PT to confirm. Then again that might be incriminating.

Indeed it implies again that some cop in charge allowed this to occur. Van Rensburg by his prior admissions is the likely one IMO.

For the record, it was Cecil Myers who was called by cops to both pick up Reeva's belongings (whatever wasn't given away by cops) the next day, and to make the ID.

I have no doubt about CM giving everything he received to the Steenkamps, I presume at the funeral where they--Myers family and Reeva's family-- all met for the first time.
Very sad.

I just wanted to give some readers something that they could get dramatically offended with. :wink:

I'm past Aimee's privacy, and I don't believe that she gives a flip about Reeva or Reeva's family. Aimee entered the crime scene and took Reeva's purse, and likely with that OPs personal cell phone that he used that night. Other things could have been in Reeva's purse too, but now we will never know, thanks to Aimee.

And in all the phone calls made that morning, the call to Reeva's mum that she'd been shot dead was made by Botha.

Best friend? Check. Brother? Check. Manager? Check. Parents of deceased? <crickets>

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

Thanks.

this is from your source:
"Aimee also kept Steenkamp's bag to keep it safe so it could be given to the model's mother, June. "

I guess that means Aimee took it from the crime scene. Would like to see something though from a cop or PT to confirm. Then again that might be incriminating.
Indeed it implies again that some cop in charge allowed this to occur. Van Rensburg by his prior admisasons is the likely one IMO.

For the record, it was Cecil Myers who was called by cops to both pick up Reeva's belongings (whatever wasn't given away by cops) the next day, and to make the ID.

I have no doubt about CM giving everything he received to the Steenkamps, I presume at the funeral where they--Myers family and reeva's family-- all met for the first time.
Very sad.

Seems odd for a murder suspect's family to be allowed to pack a bag for him and roam around the crime scene. Why does he need a watch and a change of clothes in the clink?

Van Staden cannot be trusted IMO

Reading all the links, several journalists and other officers of the court heard it as well - Van Staden's just the only one to be named so far, and I believe the only police officer. He by no means was the sole witness.

And if the fact that only the women were demonstrating was just a coincidence?

Roux, I think, is desperate. So far he's promised but hasn't delivered a double tap theory, a head shot last theory and a cricket bat on door sounding as loud as gunshots theory (Dixon's sound fiddling notwithstanding). He also promised email evidence of Sam Taylor's infidelity and I don't think that was forthcoming.

However, several barking dogs HAVE been produced.

None of that, in my opinion, negates the gunshots, Reeva screaming and the "intermingled" voices Dr Stipp heard.

BBM

Coincidence or not, I think it takes a lot of guts to do what they did in court today.

It would be interesting to know how many women would be prepared to do that in a live court session, if they didn't really believe it to be true.

As it was so forcefully expressed on many occasions with regard to the PT witnesses...they have nothing to gain and why would they lie?

I think it will be very important for Nel to map out and explain who heard what, and the possibilities of why.

For example, location of their rooms in their homes, open windows, out on balcony, other factors, etc

I will try to find time to do it as well this week.

Same for Roux. This is what it will ultimately come down to - whose timeline makes more sense while reconciling the various witnesses' accounts.

Obviously, the judge is going to have to choose who to believe since the various accounts are mutually destructive.

Do you not trust the other witnesses either?

Told of Pistorius's denial, Levitt replied: "Not only is she standing by what he said, but
she finds it unfathomable that he denies it in front of a number of witnesses.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nies-trying-intimidate-reeva-steenkamp-friend

Not necessarily - I didn't know there were other witnesses. I'll read the article and let you know. My comment only applies to Van Staden though.

ETA: I read it - it's hard to determine who heard it. Did this Kim Myers hear it herself or her mother? And is this Gina Myers' sister?

watching the Tuesday proceedings and struck by these defense witnesses who seem to be "lying" on the stand. It almost seems like they have all been promised something by the defense or more probably OP himself (since he is out and free to do anything) . Now one says Reeva was introduced as fiance???? Even OP himself did not go that far. I sure hope the judge is seeing this amazing parade of OP supporters on the heels of a very long break.

Van Staden cannot be trusted IMO

But OP can, correct?

OP has lied about numerous things on the stand. Why on earth should anyone believe him about anything anymore? The way OP "confronts" things that bother him or "danger" it does not surprise me at all that he would say something to one of the Meyers like that. After all, they do not believe his version/s and have spoken out about how wonderful, kind and caring Reeva was. They also wear Reeva's picture in court to remind everyone of the true victim in this case. Since the case is not going the way OP thought it would/would like for it to, he lashed out. Not surprising at all. Then again, his lie about not saying anything at all is not surprising either.

MOO

Seems odd for a murder suspect's family to be allowed to pack a bag for him and roam around the crime scene. Why does he need a watch and a change of clothes in the clink?

Indeed.

The watch I would tend to doubt was given to OP to have while in jail as it ws said to be quite expensive.

And yes it is one (strange) thing for the top cop to allow the sister --into the bedroom (a crime scene) minutes sfter the shooting to take her own brother's watch and clothing.

But it is a totally different thing to allow the suspect's sister to take the victim's bag with contents that could not be viewed (the phone?), from the crime scene.

Reading all the links, several journalists and other officers of the court heard it as well - Van Staden's just the only one to be named so far, and I believe the only police officer. He by no means was the sole witness.

Thanks for that info.

But OP can, correct?

OP has lied about numerous things on the stand. Why on earth should anyone believe him about anything anymore? The way OP "confronts" things that bother him or "danger" it does not surprise me at all that he would say something to one of the Meyers like that. After all, they do not believe his version/s and have spoken out about how wonderful, kind and caring Reeva was. They also wear Reeva's picture in court to remind everyone of the true victim in this case. Since the case is not going the way OP thought it would/would like for it to, he lashed out. Not surprising at all. Then again, his lie about not saying anything at all is not surprising either.

MOO

Nah, I don't trust him either.

Mrs. M heard one of the gunshots

Mrs. N? To be clear, she said she heard a bang and couldn't compare it to anything but a bang. But we can go with gunshots if you'd like since that's what Nel stated the bang was too. ;)

Mrs. M. heard no bangs or shots or bat strikes.

Quote:
His wife, Eontle Nhlengethwa, said she heard a loud bang, which woke her up. State prosecutor Gerrie Nel suggested this bang was from the second set of sounds – described by some earlier witnesses as gunshots, but which the defence says were the thumps of the cricket bat breaking down the toilet door – and thus after Steenkamp had been shot. Motshuane did not hear any shots.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/06/oscar-pistorius-trial-murder-reeva-steenkamp-6-may

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia