Trial Discussion Thread #34 - 14.05.06 Day 27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so I didn't talk to them. I left. I was late for my meeting..

after that, the following day.. some officers came.. they sent 2 ladies to speak to me, same approach.. they ask, can we sit down with you and take a statement??

I said, no. you never tell me who you are, you want me to talk to you, I don't think so. if you want to speak to me, make an appointment.. I don't want to give a statement to anyone ,really. with the 2 ladies, I said, I'll be waiting for you to ring me for an appointment. they never rang..

a bit bolshie, Mr N..

Well this guy is seeming to be biased against police already.......he needed a formal invitation.....he could have been nicer

next time.. it was a impressive man, he had his business card with him, he was well mannered, and we make an appointment, he came to my house at the time agreed upon.. I sat down with him, my wife gave a statement also.. we were in separate rooms..

R: When were you approached to make a statement?

N: 14th Feb, in the morning. I was approached by a policeman but he didn't introduce himself. He said...(in Afrikaans). I told him he needed to make a proper appointment if he wanted to speak to me. I was not happy with the way he approached me.....it was not really respectful, let me put it like that.

It seems the policeman introduced himself with "Hey, brother, what happened here" ??? !!!

The next day the police sent two ladies. Again, N was angered that he was intercepted driving away from his house, rather than knocking on his door and introducing themselves.

N: A few days passed...Mr Van A came one Tuesday evening and approached me. It was quite impressive. He introduced himself, gave me a business card. We made app, he came to my house the next week and I gave him a statement. My wife also.

Roux asks if his wife was present when he made a statement. We got a long explanation of the house layout. I think she was cooking in the kitchen that's open plan with the room he was in.

When he made his statement, he didn't want his wife to because of the media, but VA persuaded him, and also said it was okay for them to sit in while they each made a statement.

N wasn't spoken to respectfully by police. The following day two policewomen approached him and asked if they could take a statement. It wasn't appropriate the way he'd been approached. Police never introduced themselves properly. Told them too to make an appointment. Several days later Van Aart came Tues or Wed evening. N felt he was speaking to a credible person. Made appt. for the following week. Sat down with him and gave statement. Wife gave statement. Wife was in another room when he gave his statement. He sat in dining room with Van Aart. After his statement Van Aart wanted to take statement from his wife but N said no - media hype. Van Aart tried to convince him to make statement. N said ok. Wife gave statement but Van Aart told N to leave. Wife heard help, help, help. N didn't hear that.

That was quick. NEL'S up and clarifying that witness has been watching every minute of the trial.

Nel: You've been following every word that happened in court?

N: Correct.

Just an observation, but the way MN seems to have given "permission" for the police to take a statement from his wife, it appears, White or black (and surely Asian too), SA society seems rather rife with very outdated machism.

Argh, why did I chose N for neighbour? That's Nel's initial too.

Just an observation, but the way MN seems to have given "permission" for the police to take a statement from his wife, it appears, White or black (and surely Asian too), SA society seems rather rife with very outdated machism.

I noticed that, also. Thought it was just me. :scared:

When Nel consulted with N and wife, he did it separately.

Nel: It serves no purpose to ask you questions about the events as you know all about the contentious issues.

no further questions..

mr Nel up.

we also consulted didn't we mr N?? yes milady..

Nel. we also discussed part of this case.. I said there were different version of what happened..

Mr N. Nell asked me, was there anything I want to change, or add? I said no. I have said everything I wanted to say..

Nel.. you expressed it was a terrible evening for you?

Mr N.. yes. yes. it was..

Nel... now you know all the contentious issues of this case, the various number of gunshots, etc..

Mr N.. Oscar is my neighbour.. I wont turn a blind eye... I don't know all the factors..

Nel. I m not blaming you. but you picked up the contentious issues in the case??

Mr N.. well. this isn't going well for Mr N. he is on the bounce, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes