Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone summarize the salient/important points of that last witnesses' testimony? I am afraid I didn't quite grasp what they were.

Why is it so important for defence to have Reeva's splinter wounds matching splinter patterns on the door?

they certainly don't want a gap between the four shots. so no
bang...bangbangbang

i.e. don't want any notion of the hip shot first, followed by a re-aiming of the gun.

two shots close to the door makes the four quick shots a possibility. the guy has still to explain the missed shot though. although i guess it could have come first, third, or last using his version.

Ah - I can help you there - up on the right-hand side is a live feed of comments - you can click to turn it off, or mute I guess. I close it.

You're right! Everytime a comment appears, the knock happens!

Why couldn't I have worked that out - seems so obvious now.....

The psychologist on whoop just said 'the arrogance of the ego' could have caused OP to make that 'sleep at night' comment, if he made it. That trapped in the courtroom with no other outlet for tension, he might not have been able to restrain himself.

they certainly don't want a gap between the four shots. so no
bang...bangbangbang

i.e. don't want any notion of the hip shot first, followed by a re-aiming of the gun.

two shots close to the door makes the four quick shots a possibility. the guy has still to explain the missed shot though. although i guess it could have come first, third, or last using his version.

Tomorrows testimony will be very interesting because I can't see how she could have been close to the door and hit in the arm . The highest bullet hole was around 104cm from the floor .
Does anyone that has heard today's testimony in full have any idea about this .
I have missed bits today.

The psychologist on whoop just said 'the arrogance of the ego' could have caused OP to make that 'sleep at night' comment, if he made it. That trapped in the courtroom with no other outlet for tension, he might not have been able to restrain himself.
I really couldn't make out much of what she said - heard the word victim a few times though. What did you think of it?

I wish the experts could begin with their summary of events, and then let the lawyers go through the fine details with their questioning afterwards, to back up any relevant points. For me that would be easier to follow and understand.

I suppose that would involve too much work prior to the experts time on the stand.

Poor thing. It must be utterly draining for him, three hours in court for a few days a month, then back to Uncle Arnie's luxury mansion.

Tomorrows testimony will be very interesting because I can't see how she could have been close to the door and hit in the arm . The highest bullet hole was around 104cm from the floor .
Does anyone that has heard today's testimony in full have any idea about this .
I have missed bits today.

bbm. not even if the shot to the hip caused her to drop?

re: the pt re-opening the case, at any time [now or due to evidence given in the next days], as has been mooted as a possibility. then could the pt put any of the witnesses on their list forward, even if they have been in the courtroom previously?

just asking.

You would need a legal eagle to pronounce on this.

Minor4th could probably tell us if she is around. I am not sure who else is around at the moment who could answer.

If this is correct, then it's a very fine line.
I agree. She's on the State's list and the State can move to reopen their case and could theoretically still call her.

(I don't believe witnesses are precluded from being in court before they testify in SA but that's another matter. Even if they are, since we aren't privy to pretrial motions in this case - special consideration may be afforded to those close to Reeva to be in court even if they are due to testify - as has happened sometimes in American cases.)

I really couldn't make out much of what she said - heard the word victim a few times though. What did you think of it?

Very difficult to hear. But she gave me the impression she believes Oscar is someone with an explosive temper, not much self control and a victim mentality. I didn't really hear her saying anything to present the opposing view of Oscar, as a vulnerable, quiet and very sensitive and self-contained person.

In a nutshell.....He has an impulsive arrogant personality. Outside of the courtroom his natural reaction to feeling under attack or cornered would be to lash out, in the courtroom he has to restrain himself hence the crying & covering his face

I wonder how many doors are left in OPs old house. Now that Dixon and W have been shooting them all full of holes.

I'm surprised at how Roux handled this witness, interrupting him so often and making him rush through his testimony. That's something new, to do that to your own expert...

I'm not convinced that Witness Boards mean anything anymore. AFAIK they are not similar to human skin.

Oh, and today was a bust for the DT, an absolute bust! Bottom line is the order of the bullets that hit Reeva cannot be determined. I do not see how W saying that helps OP in any significant way.

Yes, very much. Not sure if it is bad line or her accent or a combination. I am having to listen very hard. Sometimes the telephone line conversations are not very good.
I think it was the combo. The guy next was audible but still a little muffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member